Old 04-14-2004, 08:54 PM   #1  
2BoysMom

Default Stay at home moms # 150

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:54 PM   #2  
2BoysMom

Tony won't leave me alone or the 'puter! I'll post later.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:23 PM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

HI Everyone!!!!!!

Geri!
Hope you get Tony down soon and get some time to yourself! AND REMEMBER NO SNACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should be telling myself that! I am wanting to soooo bad!!!!! But it won't help my scale tomorrow!!!

I just wanted to say my scale is being VERY nice to me right now and I am hoping for a great loss tomorrow!!! Maybe in the next set of numbers YAH!!!

Spryng,
Don't you just love flylady??? You are so welcome! I had to end up unsubscribing to it b/c she just sends out too much stuff everyday and my email was overloaded But I still log on and do the laundry post and stuff! Enjoy!

Michelle,
Congrats on the 10 pounds gone forever!!!!!!!!!

Ginny,
Hope you have an awesome weigh in! Let us know

Melinda,
You are doing awesome working and staying on top of everything! Kudos to you! When is your next MOMS meeting???

Ricci,
Hope you are off of the Cadbury Eggs ! They are really good!
Are things slowing down any for you!??

I hope everyone is having a great night!!!

Crystal, Candy (hope you are still peeking in , Mary, Cindy, Andrea and anyone else I missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk to you tomorrow!

Last edited by mompen; 04-14-2004 at 09:32 PM.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 09:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Penny- ty ty I feel great Im so happy it just makes me want to work at it harder Well tomorrow I get my wisdom teeth out so I'll be living on chicken broth and jello the chicken broth has 2 carbs per cup but Im sure I wont feel too much like eating But...Hooooorayyyyyy for success Oh and I signed up for flylady too its wonderful

Geri - ty for starting the new thread and pennys right noooo snacking hehe if you feel like a snack come chat with us, lol we'll be ur snacking thorn in your paw lol We're here for ya!!

Well for dinner I had a pork chop with 2 tblspoons of shake and bake on it a serving is 1/8 of a packet and has 8g carbs so I figure it has about 3 maybe 4g carbs in it then my hubby brought home a box of atkins ice cream cups but I used my carbs for today so Im not gonna have one God it feels good to be losing weight despite a thyroid disorder working against me and despite that Ive still lost weight I had a horrible migraine today and my imitrex didnt really help so I ended up taking a vicodin on top of it and it finally went away thank god. Well Im gonna go cruise the site a bit

I'll be back later Im sure
Take Care
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Good night Ladies!

Well, did anyone watch American Idol tonight. I love that show. I thought Fantasia's performance was awesome, and there were a couple of other great ones too. I never miss it.

Well, I slept as much as I possibly could today. I think it really helped, because I'm feeling better. Still a bit of a cold, but much better. I did fine with the points today and got some exercise in so I feel good. I hope this will get me going in the right direction, I don't go to meetings, but I think I will make Saturday my personal weigh in day.

Spryng-Good job with the cleaning today. That sounds impressive. It sounds like you are a lady with a lot of energy. On a side note, I can see why your husband working at Sonic would have led to a big weight gain. Good thing he doesn't anymore.

Crystal-Good luck with your new plan. Sounds like that will work great for you and be something you can stick to. I know you will do great

Geri-Well, as far as late-night snacking goes, sounds like you are doing pretty well. It is hard to resist sometimes!

Cindi-Good luck finding the right plan for you. Sometimes just making one substitution at a time is just right.

Penny-The engorged breasts sound painful. I know mine were like that when I first started to feed Cole, I didn't think how they would be when I wean him. Yikes, not looking forward to that! Congrats with the scale going down 1.5. After you get over the engorgement you'll probably go down in weight from stopping the nursing.

Ricci-Good job with your jogging.

Ginny-Sounds like a crazy day. Hope things slow down for you.

Michelle-Wow, 10 lbs. down, that has got to feel good.

Well, That is it for tonight. Things are feeling pretty good and I'm feeling optimistic about the future.
jessivalentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:17 PM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Thumbs up Good Night

Alright, I think I've got things settled down here for the night.

Sounds like everyone had a pretty good day. So here goes...

Ginny, I don't think you had that grand of a day, cold, etc. Hope your night and tomorrow is better for you.

Michelle, bravo, bravo, bravo for you. 10 lbs. is what most of us dream about losing in a month. Don't forget you will hit a plateau. It shows worse with Atkins only because you lose so much when you hit ketosis. Don't give up. Good luck at the dentist, I HATE the dentist. I have some cavities and other work to be done but haven't been in over 2 years.

Penny, 1.5 lbs. is a great loss. Keep up the good work.

Spryng, dinner sounded good. I've always wanted to make that but always forget about it. I'll try it.

Well, my roast and potatoes and carrots was GREAT. I slowly cooked it in the oven with red cooking wine, alittle water, some salt and pepper. It was tender and my kids came back for seconds, I couldn't believe it. I have felt so much better counting calories versus the points thing. I know everything is open to you on WW, but if I opened my mouth for anything, I was worried about how many points and with so many calories per day I'm not as worried. Like I had about 10 M&M's and I wrote that down, but I'm not worried about how many calories because I've got a bit to spare. This feels right. I wish though I could fit that exercise in. I did last week a couple of days and this week started cold and rainy and dh worked late tonight. Maybe I'll ride the stationary bike tomorrow night while I watch the season finale of The Apprentice. I really wish I could fit that in everyday somehow. But I feel good that I've got the eating thing down. It's like one down, one to go. Well I guess that's about it for me tonight. I didn't sleep great last night, maybe I will tonight. Hope everyone else does.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:36 PM   #7  
2BoysMom

I'm back!

I love my little guys but man oh man when they're up past their normal bedtime I go bonkers . Will actually went down first. He has been outside most of the day and doesn't nap anymore so needless to say he wasn't listening to anything I said. Tony was just hyper/over tired and needed an extra 4 oz to knock him out. He took a late nap this afternoon...he usually crashes around 7 and I just put him to bed at 9!

Michelle, congrats on the great loss!! and Penny for the 1.5 Everyone's doing great lately (except for the TOM sufferers...but that'll change next week )

As far as snacking at night I have come to a decision. I think the main reason I have been having such a tough time with it is because I said "I CAN'T" snack at night....the minute I CAN'T do something I want to do it even more! So, I have decided I can have 1 snack anytime after dinner...but it must be something healthy like a piece of fruit or at least something very low cal like the sugar free lime jello with pineapple in it that I just ate while reading all your posts . I feel like I'm denying myself by not having something. Thanks for all of your support! Keep it up by making me tell you I'm choosing sensibly!

Jessie I only caught the last half of Idol tonight. Had to grocery shop at 2 different stores because 1 had really good specials but the other is cheaper for all the other stuff. At least they're close together. I also thought Fantasia did a great job although I don't really like her personality. LaToya did excellent also.

Crystal, you gotta do what you gotta do! We're here for you no matter what plan you follow!

Michelle, sounds like the Atkins agrees with you....but it wouldn't have anything to do with your migrane's would it? Does your Imitrex usually work?

Spryng, Mom did most of the work in the garden today...I had the kids to keep occupied. I did do a little while she took a break and Will was playing in the neighbor's yard. Tomorrow I'm hauling out the playpen....hope it works! We're planning on planting onions, peas, beans, tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers...I think that's it this year. There was a half grown over garden plot in the yard so now it's just digging up all the chunks of grass so we can rent a tiller and get more dirt and such. There's going to be a whole lot of weeding to do for a couple of years! Don't know when it was used last. We should have cleaned it out last year then put down newspaper and covered it with dirt to kill the weeds....oh well. It'll keep us busy this summer.

Ginny, Ricci, Melinda (how's work going?) Cindi, eveyone else out there!! Hope you all have good weather soon. It's supposed to be nice again tomorrow so I won't be around. My nephew's going to be here most of the day along with my Mom so I'll be outside all day - Oh the sacrifice!! It is supposed to rain this weekend so we need to get as much done as possible before the typical Wisconsin weather returns (cold, rain, etc!).

Everyone have a wonderful, restful evening and I'll talk to you tomorrow sometime.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Boy, I am one pooped mama tonight. I don't think I've ever worked so hard on a house before. But it feels really good.

Crystal, I hope you get some good rest in tonight. It really makes all the difference doesn't it? And so glad counting cals is feeling right to you. I think you are going to do great!!
Jessi, I do watch American Idol and I liked Fantasia's performance too. She is just very sweet I think. She deserves to win. But I like Diana too and George. I'm ready for the red head to go though. He's not very versatile with his voice, but JPL is so cute don't you think?? I don't go to WW meetings either and I just picked my own WI day. I am a lady with some engery on some days, lol. Like yesterday I was very lazy and didn't do ANYTHING but lay around the house. So I made up for that today. When I do get a little energy I have to keep moving or it leaves me fast.
Michelle, I LOVE shake n bake!!! Dh doesn't though so I never make it when he's home. But I've always loved it. I think it is great that you are losing so well despite your thyroid problem too. I have a friend who has an underactive thyroid and she's given up on trying to lose weight, it just takes her a very long time to get off a lb. So keep up the great work!!
Penny, what is the laundry post at flylady?? haven't seen anything about laundry yet, which is something I definitely need help with.
Geri, hope you get some time to yourself tonight! Thanks for starting the new thread.

Well, I am very tired myself. Waiting on DH to call me so I can go to bed. I can't believe tomorrow is thursday, this week has flown by! I still have alot of cleaning to do tomorrow. Mainly the kids rooms. They are such a mess. How do you keep your kids rooms clean? Do you pick up every night or something?
Ok, got to get off here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

oops... I forgot to hit email notification so ignore this post, lol. G'nite!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:59 PM   #10  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hope everyone is having a great night!!!!!!

Tomorrow is a new day

Last edited by mompen; 04-14-2004 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:44 AM   #11  

Arrow

Good night everyone.
I got out of bed to turn the AC on and the computer called my name.
Penny-Where do get a nice scale? I'd like one. Oh, the joy of blaming inanimate objects.

Michelle- on the 10lbs! Keep it up. Sorry for the headache. When I was younger I used to forget to eat alot and I would get hunger headaches. Well, now I get migraines and subconsciously my first reaction is to eat. Good luck with the wisdom teeth. Mine were a breeze.

Jessi-Glad you are feeling better

Crystal-I'm happy for you on the calories. I've been using WW to get in some fiber but I'm still counting my calories. Today I went 2pts over cause I worked hard at the gym today and felt like I needed the extra calories. Please post that recipe for the roast. It sounds delicious. My dh and boys love roast but I feel like mine is always so dry. They say its good but I don't think so.

Geri-I know what you mean about telling yourself you "can't" do something. i started having a snack around 8. I read in a mag that its all about how much you take in not when. I'm jealous on the garden. We live in an apartment but I look forward to being able to have a garden one day. Right now we can barely make our rent on one salary, but when my youngest starts school I am gonna get my degree in nursing, so all good things.........

Spryng-Good job today! Get some rest.

Penny-Good night!

I did pretty good today. With my diet & exercise, that is. I ate an early breakfast and went to the gym about 1, so that put lunch about 2:30. Too long. I ended up with a headache and had to go to bed, but i got a good workout. I'll just have to eat a later breakfast or go after lunch. My 10yo says I "have" to go to the gym tomorrow, cause he has to play another round of checkers with the lady at the daycare. He's on spring break and reluctantly went with me today. He says there are too many little kids. So I get in about an hour and a half workout and come dragging in, starving and pooped, and he says we can't leave till he beats her. I think the lady was just happy to have someone over 3yo to talk to. I told her next time she should pay me.

Whew! My fingers are hurting. I feel like I just wrote an essay. Catch ya'll tomorrow. Bed's calling me now.
ebeth2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:50 AM   #12  

Oh, Penny, thank you for posting that vegetable soup recipe. I love soup! The SB "mashed" potatoes look delish, too. I'm the one that posted on the message baord asking for the soup recipe. I won't post a "thank you" there, since I am logged on here, but thanks again.
ebeth2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for tomorrow I appreaciate it

Geri - Actually Ive just been started on Imitrex about 2 weeks ago and only used it once before not counting when they gave it to me in the hospital in IV, and it took like 2 hours before it really kicked in the first time I took it. so maybe I just need to get used to the meds I dunno. But it doesnt have anything to do with teh diet because Ive been getting them the last 6 months 2-3 times a week, I have an appt coming up with a neurologist to see if we can figure out whats causing them. And don't worry about the snacking, I am craving a bedtime snack right now if I keep typing hopefully it will go away lol.

Mary - I hope mine are easy too I just want a quick recovery so I can get back to working on ME I've just been elated lately this weight loss journey is exciting to me

Crystal - it sounds as if you are doing really well!! Keep it up

Jessi - Im an Idol addict too I was so upset when I couldnt watch it last night lol. I really cant stand JPL I want him gone his voice makes me embarassed for him lol I really like george huff, and latoya, and fantasia, and jennifer. I hope those are the bottom 4 I think Diana Degarmo has a good voice but something about her grates me the wrong way.

Well Im gonna hit the sack, I have a day ahead of me tomorrow I hope you all sleep well and have a wonderful day I hope I can post when I get home
You guys are all the best!! Im so glad I came to this group.

Take Care
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 06:06 AM   #14  
SAHM of 3

Red face Good Early Morning

Wow, it's barely 500 am. I've been up reading the posts since 445. Didn't sleep well again because of Andrew. He'll have a good night and then several bad nights. Well, I have to wake up dh at 530 so I decided to just stay up and now I hear Andrew in there crying again. Gosh this is getting old.
Anyway, needless to say I didn't take notes this morning, I'm just going with the flow.

I've got to get to that flylady site. I went yesterday but I didn't spend much time there and there looks to be so much info you've got to spend a while. Maybe I can this morning. I'm not sure if I want to if it's gonna make me clean. Oh well.

I'm not sure who asked for the roast recipe. It wasn't a recipe. It was just a rump roast (beef), in a dutch oven lined with foil. I put the roast in, poured some red cooking wine over it, alittle water, I didn't cover it with these juices, just covered the bottom of the pan. Sprinkled salt and pepper, wrapped the foil around it and cooked it on 300 for a few hours. Alittle ways into it I poured in some worstishire sauce, (that is NOT how you spell it I know), anyway and a little liquid smoke, covered it up, baked some more, then I added cut up potatoes and baby carrots and cooked another hour or until they were tender. That's it. That's all I ate but I made a side of mac and cheese for the rest of the gang.

I ended up having about 1500 calories maybe a few more. I peeked at the scales this morning and it looked good too, but I won't say anything either.

Well I think I could chat here all day, but I've got to get some homeschool info looked up and that flylady thing. Hope everyone has a great day. Sorry not to get personal, but I really am still tired. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:34 AM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

HI Ladies!

I am just ELATED!!!!! WOOOO HOOOO!

Official weigh in this morning! READY???

DOWN 3.5 POUNDS!

I am finally in the 160s! 150s LOOK OUT! YOUR NEXT!!!!

How is everyone this morning???

First of all, Just wanting to tell Jessi I am so sorry I left you out of my post! HUGS TO YOU ****

Crystal,
I know what you mean about being up early with the kids!!! And through the night! I am lucky Andrew sleeps through the night but my two oldest ones still don't!
Flylady is a great site but yes it does get you motivated to clean!

Michelle,
I am wishing you luck today with the dentist! I am so glad I turned you on to fitday! It seems as if you are REALLY motivated!!!! Good Luck

Geri,
How are you doing this morning? I agree w/ the idea of wanting what I can't have!

Mary,
You are so welcome for the recipe!

TODAY IS A NEW DAY! MAKE THE BEST OF IT!