South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 01:52 AM   #1  
Miss_Smarty_Pants

S/C/G: 160/150/130

Unhappy Heeelllppp!!!!!!

OK, I knew it woud happen, but I was hoping to avoid it....yes, I have stalled! I am getting desperate here. It is imparitive I lose my last 6 lbs (or most of it) by the end of the month (I'm going on a trip). I expected it since I read others had the same problem, but i was hoping someone could give me some advice other than going back ot phase 1 (just bought a bunch of fruit). I have added cardio back into my workout routines (I had some migraine issues and had to cut it out for a while) so I hope that will help. Anyone else doing more cardio notice they lose faster? Any suggestions would be greatfully welcomed.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:14 AM   #2  

You may be building up muscle and losing fat if you have added cardio to your workout. Take your measurements and see if you lose inches rather than pounds. I increased my exercise dramatically a few weeks ago and just ended up eating more. Now I have cut back to a normal amount (was getting a bit too obsessive I think) of exercise and eating less the weight seems to be slipping off again. Having said that people have been telling me that I've lost weight on my legs and my clothes are quite lose in the legs and thighs so despite not losing any weight in the last few weeks I appear to have still lost fat.

Just check that you have not added in too many carbs and that you are still eating lots of vegies and drinking plenty of water. It is pretty normal to plateau.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:29 AM   #3  

I started to stall, also.
So I went into phase two, and started to GAIN. (four pounds in three days).
So I went right back to phase one, and my weight dropped below the stall point.

I decided to be on phase one for 4-5 days, add in carbs for a day or two, go back to phase one for 5 days, add in carbs for 1-2 days, you get the drift. Its confusing my metabolism and keeping my energy up when I start to get fatigued from eating less.

I don't know...I can't really do it any other way since ALL the weight starts to pile back on with even modest carb intake. I don't want to stay on phase one for months either (I get worn out). There really wasn't any other way to do it and I like planning for "feast days."
Old 04-04-2004, 03:47 AM   #4  

Same here, that is why I am doing a phase 1.5. I have added in fruit yogurt and sometimes have low-fat, low-carb ice cream for deserts. I have extra portions of nuts and sometimes have a couple of slices of fruit. When I am eating very small amounts of carbs (wholemeal bread, root vegetables etc) I don't lose a thing! It makes me wonder what I am going to eat once I get down to my goal weight, but first I want to get down to my goal weight. Maybe I will be a salad eater forever!
Old 04-04-2004, 08:15 AM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

Smartypants, do you have a clothing size goal along with your weight goal? I think that would be the best indicator of whether or not you're losing fat.

I wouldn't care if I weighed 200 pounds if I could still fit into a size 10!

Mamacita
Old 04-04-2004, 08:25 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Exercise could be the "culprit". Muscle weighs more than fat. See attached thread and thumbnail in my post.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38464
Old 04-04-2004, 12:12 PM   #7  

chick on the beach,

Grains/root vegetables are really doing that to me. It seems while I'm trying to lose weight, and probably even trying to maintain my goal weight, I can't really eat it on a regular basis. I'm figuring that as my body gets older (even though I'm only 34) I'm becoming less and less able to eat carbs without gaining.

This morning, I woke up and instantaneously had a craving for fresh strawberries and blueberries. It felt significant, so I'm headed to the store to buy them and have them for breakfast...despite being on a phase one cycle. My body wants fruit! I'm going to indulge it!
Old 04-04-2004, 12:15 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dead on, moonmirror! My body wanted a grapefruit this morning so I indulged it!
Old 04-04-2004, 03:29 PM   #9  

Moonmirror

I find that if I do have grains/root vegetables then they feel like they are sitting in my stomach all day. I wonder if it is an age thing (I'm the same age as you). I no longer have my teenage metabolism!

As I am technically in phase 2 I will eat some fruit if the urge is strong because technically I am allowed it anyway. My problem is stopping cause I used to munch on fruit all day long.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:15 PM   #10  

There's got to be something to those strong fruit cravings. I wonder if occasionally your body needs what is in fruit...vitamin C? The water? and sends those signals strongly to the brain. It was odd that I woke up with such a strong and specific craving. I had several raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries for breakfast with a hard-boiled egg and it was fantastic.

I think that's why Dr. Agatston recommends going into phase two, and maybe phase two is meant to be whatever a person's body and mindset needs it to be. Weight loss still has to occur in phase two because who is ever done losing weight after two weeks? But you can't stay on that much restriction forever, it just isn't possible. I've had desserts from time to time...because I wouldn't be able to tolerate life if I couldn't, and there's the occasional fruit craving but I mainly stay on protein and vegetables...and somehow the weight is still dropping. Its really something, how this works.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:02 AM   #11  
Miss_Smarty_Pants

S/C/G: 160/150/130

Thanks all! I have cut back the carbs and am figuring that what I was eating (mostly some brown rice w/ dinner) was too much. I have cut it back to cereal 2 mornings (faster on those school days) and rice or bread rarely. I find it hard to give up fruit though, I just love it too much!
Old 04-10-2004, 01:08 AM   #12  

I probably had fruit cravings because I don't like vegies that much ... my body was probably trying to get those vitamins but the sugar from fruit as well as from white bread, rice and pasta made me hungry a lot of the time and tired about mid-afternoon. Now that I am eating snacks, lots of vegies and more protein this seems to have sorted itself out.
Closed Thread