Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-26-2004, 01:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Default ApRiL WaLkErS

Last spring and summer I was part of a group of wonderful women who logged their personal miles walked. We never challenged each other we just supported each other. I fany of you are still out there I'd love to reconnect and hear how you're doing, but also I'd love to meet new walkers as well. Let's support each other at being the very best we can be.
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 02:32 PM   #2  

It's April 1st and I've done a mile on the treadmill. I know a mile sounds like nothing to avid exerciser, but my personal goal for the month is to do 1 mile start to finish in 11 min and 30 sec. Last months best was 12 min. I pushed this morning and actually did an 11 min 37 sec mile. Something I never thought I'd be able to do. When I got my treadmill in Jan. the fastest I'd ever gone was 4 miles an hr. When I hit 5 miles p/h last month I thought wow you're cruising girl!!! Today I held 5.4 mph for 3/4 of a mile. I was pretty relieved when the mile was up, but I'd made it and every time it will get easier.

Kristi

Todays Exercise : 8 Min. Super tae bo and 1.28 miles
Old 04-02-2004, 06:01 PM   #3  

Hi Lovnmom,

I just saw your thread and decided to pop in and say that it's so motivational to post miles. I use Leslie walks and I did a two mile walk last night and plan on a 3 mile tonight. I can't post on weekends due to my computer not working at home so you won't hear from me until Monday but keep walking. I usually do a four mile walk on Saturday and hope to do that this Saturday as well. I hope more walkers find us! Have a great weekend.
ras8779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 06:34 PM   #4  

Welcome Rose, It helps me to stay on track when I feel I have someone to be accountable to. Plus, it's a great motivator if I'm trailing behind the other posters.
A little about me, if you don't mind.
I live in a very small rural town in WI. I am a stay at home mother (by choice) of 4 beautiful children. G 10 / B 8 / G 7 / B 4 / Needless to say it's pretty busy around here. I've battle my weight since I was 12. I was never "really" heavy as an adult until after my 4th child. At 5'2" and 185# I made every obese list there was. This shocked me into action. I bought a food mover by Richard Simmons to help me keep track of what I was eating. I started exercising and managed to lose 50# (this was 1999) Every winter since I have ate my way back to 155 and every spring since I have lost my gain. So far this spring I've lost 8# of a 16# winter gain. My magor goal is to learn to take care of myself ALL year long. Ok, I know I said a little about me. Hope you get your walk in Rose and I too hope more people will join to give and receive support.

HW 185/ SW 156/ CW 148/ GW 130
Old 04-03-2004, 12:02 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

OMG, Hi Kristi!! I am here and have been. So glad to see you back and I would love to start up the walking thread again. Funny, I just pm'ed you. This is exactly what I need to get back on track.

Hi Rose and WELCOME!

I haven't done a walk yet today but I definitely will and will check back later. Take care ladies and have a wonderful Saturday.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:59 PM   #6  

Hi too you too, Cristi!!! I knew you'd find me eventually and reply. I haven't read your PM yet, but I'm going there next. Things are going pretty much the same for me as always. Kids are great, hubby too, me I'm a little crazy, but that's ok too. As you can see I sabatoged all my work, but once again. So, here I am begging for support. I should've never let myself slide from 3fc it is like cheap therapy. Everyone here is just the greatest. My miles for the month are adding up andI'm watching my cals. I'm gonna blow 140 out of the water this year and actually shoot for 130. It's great to see you respond!

April miles 6 total
Old 04-05-2004, 04:51 PM   #7  

Hi Cristi and Kristi,

Kristi I was born in a small town in WI called Oconto. I lived there until I went to college and at the age of 21 moved to CA where I currently live. My mother still lives there and I visit her often. What a small world. I do remember the winters well and although I have great weather here I am addicted to Leslie Sansone indoor walking and do that the majority of time.

Cristi-Hi, I was lucky enough to happen upon Krisit's post and decided what a great way to keep me motivated and walking. I can't post on weekends due to a sick computer at home but I will be able to during the week. I always enjoy the support I get on these boards. Thanks to the 3FCs.

So this weekend I did a Leslie 4 mile walk and this morning I did a 1 mile and will do maybe another 2 or 3 tonight. I usually only do the 4 miles on the weekend because it takes almost an hour. I just received a new pedometer and I never realized how much it takes to make 10,000 steps. It will take me a while to get in the recommended steps but I really like the pedometer. It not only counts steps and distance but calories burned based on weight! That's scary to put in but at least it will help me in the long run! I'll be back tomorrow. Keep walking!
Old 04-05-2004, 05:20 PM   #8  

Hi Rose, I too was addicted to Leslie all last winter. This year my Dh bought me a great treadmil so I haven't done one of her tapes in awhile, but I'm sure I'll go back to her when the "newness" of the TM wears off. What kind of pedometer di you purchase. It sounds terrific! Have a great day, talk to you tomorrow.
P.S. I'm going to look up Oconto, the name sounds familiar.

Kristi
Old 04-06-2004, 10:00 AM   #9  

Just a quick note. I'm feeling pretty awesome today. I did a 1.5 mile hike with my cub scouts last night. It started straight up a huge hill and then continued through the woods. It was a lot of fun. I just hit the TM for 1.25. Can't guarante that I'll do any more today, but hopefully! have a great day all.

April miles 8.25

Last edited by lovnmom; 04-06-2004 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:47 AM   #10  

Hi friends:wave!

lovenmom-Way to go! Three miles is an awesome workout! I wanted to do three last night but decided on 2 instead. I will try to get in 3 today though. I have Leslie's Walk Strong Express which is walking with some toning thrown in and I really like this one. I can really feel it in my legs today from the lunges and squats.

Cristi-How are you doing?

Well back to work. It's cloudy and rainy here today so it will definitely be an indoor workout for me. I have a CD rom workout from Leslie but I don't work in an office by myself so I'm hesitant to use it. Maybe one day when I'm alone I'll give it a try.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:30 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi Rose & Kristi

Ooops, sorry ladies for not posting in a couple of days. Haven't really had anything to post yet. I am doing a challenge and challenged myself to walk/exercise 3-5 days this week, aiming for three to start. Just haven't deceide which three days. I am going to try and get a walk in this evening either outdoors at the park or on the treadmill and post that. I would love to do my Leslie Sansone (Love it too Rose) but I broke the VCR when we moved a little over a month ago. Dropped it down the basement stairs and boy did it tumble-broke to pieces. Plan on getting a DVD/VCR player within the next two weeks. I like having the variety otherwise I get bored.

WTG on getting a treadmill Kristi and your walking.

On with the day ladies, what's left of it. Hope you have a great one. TTFN
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:26 AM   #12  

Hi Everyone!

Well I managed to get in 3 miles of walking yesterday! Not only that but I did laundry which requires me to go up and down stairs, allot! That should count for something right ! So today so far nothing. Didn't have the energy to get out of bed due to TOM so tonight I have to do at least a 2 mile walk.

Cristi-I don't know what I'd do withou Leslie. I would have to steal my DS VCR if mine broke ! I have a DVD player too but allot of her older workouts are only on VHS so I absolutely need both. It would be great if one day she would put all of her workouts on one DVD package then I could get rid of the VHS and have more room! I've used some of the tapes so much I've worn them out in places !

Kristi-Do you have a manual or motorized treadmill? I've seen allot of infomercials lately for the manual ones and maybe one for a motorized one but the cost factor is what gets me. I think it would be fun especially if I could watch TV or read a magazine while doing it!

Okay back to work for me. Keep walking everybody!
Old 04-08-2004, 11:16 AM   #13  

Hi friends!

I got my two mile walk in yesterday! I sure didn't feel like it though. It's been gloomy here and when the weather is like this all I want to do is be a couch potato. I plan on doing maybe 2 or 3 miles today. I'm hoping I see some of the sun today !
Old 04-08-2004, 12:01 PM   #14  
Wheeeeeeeeee!

YAY another walking thread! I jumped on the bandwagon with the April WATP challenge, I just picked up the 1,2,3mi express on Saturday. I've done six miles since. (Wheee!) I'm hoping to do two miles tonight, to help work off the cupcakes I had this morning. Bad Lisa, forgot her healthy snack at home and hit the gas station instead.

Much luck all, have a wonderful day!
aphrodeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 04:52 PM   #15  

WTG Rose your walking away the pounds! I know what you mean about the TOM factor, sometimes I'm just so tired, but then feel foolish because it's something every woman goes through right! I suppose I won't hear from you now until Mon. so have a great holiday!

Welcome Lisa, I think setting a goal for the month is great. It looks as though your well on your way to achieving yours. Mine for this month is to just use the TM for at least 1.25 miles daily. If I get more that'll be great. If not that's ok too. I used to use Leslie alot, but since my DH got me my TM I've been addicted. I don't know why anyone would call it a "dreadmill". Oh yeah Rose, mine is motorized and it was quite pricey, but my DH earns gift cards from Sears for a certain product he sell at work soooo, I got a much nicer one than I would have had we had to actually fork over the cash for it!!!

Well, it's a big day my 4th grader is taking her 1st communion tonight. We're all very excited, so I'd better get off here and get ready!

April miles 10.75