Old 04-07-2004, 08:29 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Chit Chat # 41

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies site!!

This is a very warm and friendly group of ladies who provide daily support in our walk towards a healthier lifestyle!!

Please join us!

Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:03 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Mornin' ladies,

Cristi - the scales I bought is an actual doctor's scales, called a Health-o-Meter. It is tall, and gives the same weight reading as my doctors. I was expensive - $200 - but I have had it for about 7 years, and it will last probably until I die, lol. I also think Dr. Phil's book would be good vocally. My friend bought it that way, and says he still has you do the assignments. One thing that get a person to thinking is how he says your weight will be different next year - whether it is higher or lower depends on us. Yikes! So true!

Susan - hey, you and the Gabster ARE a family. My son and I were on our own before Mary was born, and I considered us a family. When I cooked too much, I used to freeze leftovers in a TV dinner tray, and heat them up later for us. I weigh in several days a week, just to keep track, but I only count what it says on Saturdays. That is my official weigh-in day, lol. One thing I have done differently this time, is I don't over indulge on weigh in day. It used to take me until Wednesday to undo the damage I did on the weekends. So silly!

Katie - good to see you! Hope your mom's health improves. So YOU are the one who is 5'10"!!!! I knew somebody was! But I thought it was Susan, lol, until recently. I'm 5'9", and medium boned. Once I got out of high school, I liked being tall.

Marti - dang, did I put "H" again??? I am so sorry! About what got me back on track with WW, go to the new thread, okay? I started to post it here, but it was way too long.

Hi to all the other JL's! Get your buns in here, lol!!

I threw my back out again. This time it is pretty bad, and I should have gone to the ER, but didn't. My son brought out some Darvocet and some muscle relaxers, and that is helping. Neal is going to come home at lunch to help me.

Toodles,
Jana
Old 04-07-2004, 02:15 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Happy Hump Day Ladies, or not...

I say not because it sounds as if some aren't doing to well. And I am sorry to hear that.

Jana~Sorry to hear about your back being out. Glad Neal will be home to help you out at lunch time. You take it easy and get a lot of rest-be careful. Yeah, Jana, Dr. Phil says some profound things that really kind of slap you in the face and make you think. I do think the CD will help me.

Katie~So sorry to hear about your mom. I hope you get to visit her soon, maybe that's what she needs, a visit from you. I need to get to AR and visit my parents, I haven't seen them in 3 1/2 years! Didn't realize it had been that long, that is terrible. I didn't realize you and Jana were so tall. But hey, about wearing a size 10-I too wear a size 10 shoe and I am only 5'6" It actually depends on the shoe 9 1/2-10, but mostly a 10. I bet your hair is beautiful!

Hi Susan, Marti, Shanna, Kathy, Kayecee, Angie, & Rita.

Did my weekly at Wally World. I did the dumbest thing this morning...I went to Wally World and completley forgot to get some new scales, UGH! I can't believe I did that. Of course I didn't have it on my list but thought I would remember. I remembered when I signed on and was changing my avatar-I saw the scales. I got on the scales this morning and was up 4 pounds so I KNOW they are broke. I thought I would weigh in three days in a row just to make sure. I know I am a at times but there is no way I could eat enough food to gain 4 pounds overnight. I am tossing those and will get some new ones this week. Anywho...take care all. TTFN
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 03:32 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Hi
Did we go to Chit Chat 41 as soon as Marti was talking about taking nude shots of herself for motivation???

lol

I am really tired.THANKS Marti- I am sure he is just enjoying his family and especially the kids.His mother is recovering from a stroke so he must have a lot on his mind.

Rebecca & Rachel went for an eye exam this morning, met them at the Dr's office .....anyway , both came away with needing glasses.

Gabster just got a quick walk in and heading home for a .....nap.lol

I just think my motivation was turning 40 and wanting to be in better health.......also, I kept going up and upon the scale,,,,,HAD to get in control of that fast.

I better go

TTFN
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 04:27 PM   #5  
self portrait

Just a quick message to thank Jana, Cristi and Susan for the wonderful easter cards. It is so nice to get something in the mail that isn't a bill or junk. I dropped the ball on mailing out my easter cards with all the stuff I have been going through. I know that is not a good excuse, I am sooo embarrassed. Especially when you all don't forget me in your mailings. When is the next holiday?"? Hopefully I will get my head out of my you know what and get it together. Anywho, Thanks to you all and I hope you have a nice day. I am sick today, by my own making ( lonely drinking) and don't have the energy to do anything today. So, see you all tomorrow.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:53 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Hey Shanna!! You drinking and not inviting me??? I have an extra bedroom come up and spend the weekend sometime.Live up in the trendy area we can window shop or something or you can go up to the Rose garden and take a stroll , enjoy the beauty up there!!

Next holiday?? Memorial Day?? 4th of July?? lol.......I don't know.No worry......just hope you perk up

OMG- a light bulb went off in my brain! I was walking up the stairs coming home with the Gabster today and thought of my answeing machine and Alex-
Last night I had a call and I did *69 because I didn't get to it in time. Thinking it was about a job maybe or the ex calling to apologize...lol
Anyway.......heard 818 and just hung up.Thought it was a telemarketer....
Looking in my telephone book though that area code is southern California in the area that Alex would be in.....could have been him?? Anyway, whatEVER....just makes me feel better.
Anyway, Gaby has broken the answeing machine.....again-lol

I had some celery and fresh peanut butter for snack today-it really is good.

My mom has Gaby for the evening! YAY- needed a breather- though she is the cutest.
Will try and get some recent photos by weeks end.

Best get!

TTFN

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-07-2004 at 11:13 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 12:10 AM   #7  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone.

Just popping in to say hi to everyone. I am hoping to have time tomorrow to catch up on everything and say hi to everyone personally.

Marti, sorry I haven't been on before to say your pictures are beautiful. You all look so happy.

Cristi thanks for remembering me everyday.

chat with you all tomorrow.

Kathy
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 01:02 AM   #8  
a work in progress

Default happy hump day night...does that make sense?

OK...just a quick one tonight...

Shanna, don't make yourself sick, hon! Have some coffee Wish we could be there to share some with ya

Jana, I'm sorry you hurt your back. I have a bad back and have problems with it from time to time, so I know it's miserable. Take it easy and don't over-do...give yourself a chance to heal. I've gotta tell you -- your "how I'm doing it" thread is really inspiring. I've got to do something. I've been stuck in such a rut, and I'm so tired of it!

I got some Easter cards mailed today, but don't have Marti's new last name! Somebody, anybody, please PM me her new last name, so I can mail her card tomorrow

I'm set to go see my mom May 13-17. I talked to her Dr. yesterday, and told him the concerns my sister and I are having about her. I convinced her to ask her accountant file an extention on her taxes so she stops stressing about not being able to find all the paperwork she needs in time. Now the biggest problem we are facing is that my step-grandmother, her mother in law, is in a nursing home. Grandma is 98 and Mom was supposed to file some papers to re-certify her for Medicare evidently last year -- she didn't get all the documentation they needed, or didn't get it in time, and now the nursing home is trying to tell my parents they owe over $15,000 -- and $128 more per day until Medicare starts paying again. I have to try to get this mess straightened out -- find out what exactly they need, what the time frame is, if it can be backdated, etc. For pete's sake, the lady is 98, in very poor health, isn't getting any younger and her condition is not improving, and she doesn't have money socked away...of COURSE she qualifies for Medicare! They were wanting things like her birth certificate. Well, they had it at one point, or she never would have been covered in the first place, but good grief, it's a piece of paper almost 100 years old, she was born in Canada and adopted, and my mom honestly can't remember where it is. And my mother is not a very organized person, paper-wise...so this is going to be a rather daunting task, especially in such a short time. Please pray for me, ladies, and if anyone has any advice or has dealt with anything like this before, I would welcome any suggestions.

OK, gotta try to get some sleep. Talk to you soon...

Katie
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 01:12 AM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Just wanted to pop in quickly.....

I'm a little overwhelmed with homework at the moment. I hate it when that happens.

But I will be back tomorrow and catch up!

Hello to you ALL!!

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 08:44 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Alllllll righty then!

Cristi - yep, I think you better toss those scales! None at all is better than some that say you gain 4 pounds every day! Yes, I am tall, but only medium boned. I do have big feet though! I like how Dr. Phil asks us to go for our "get real" weight instead of what we weighed in our 20's before 3 kids, lol.

Susan - I betcha it was a message from Alex that you erased! You'll find out pretty soon when he goes back home. Did you enjoy your kid-less evening? What did you do with yourself with the Gabster gone?

Shanna - yw for the card, and it's not a problem that you didn't mail any. We know that you are our buddy and that you wish us a happy Easter! The next holiday that people send out cards for would be..... uh ..... Halloween! Course, if you wanna send me a card on my b/d I'd like it.... And that isn't til 9/11 so you have plenty of time, lol.

Kathy - good to see you! Hope you come back today.

Katie - I know what you mean about the paperwork! When Fern was in the nursing home, the stack of papers was a mile high. It was ridiculous. And she was 92 with no birth certificate, but they used her Medicare card as proof that she was eligible for assistance. There was an equally high stack when we brought her home. Sheesh! Btw, thanks for your kind words about the other thread.

Marti - hope you got your homework done. Before you know it, the semester will be over. Neal counts down the days left, and he is the professor! I'm proud of how well you have done, Marti.

Angie - where are you?

Well, my back is a little better but not good enough to leave the house. I need to go to Wally World to get my Easter dinner stuff and weekly groceries in general, but can't do that much walking.

Katie is so funny - she has concert tickets to see Phantom Planet in Indy on the 21st and can't quit talking about it! Her brother is taking her since it is a weeknight and Neal doesn't want to drive it. Anyway, do you remember being 17 and crazy about a band? I loved the Rolling Stones but never did get to see them. My friend and I were going to go to Woodstock but weren't sure how to get there, lol.

What are you going to do today?

Jana
Old 04-08-2004, 10:58 AM   #11  
a work in progress

Default hullo

Good mornin' this mornin' Got my coffee, and starting to wake up...

Thanks, Marti for PM'ing me your new last name...now I can get your card mailed today. I have home addresses for Cristi, Jana, Susan, Marti, Angie, and Kat -- if anyone else wants to exchange snail mail cards just PM me

My oldest son is coming home for Easter!!! He's in the Air Force and living in South Dakota; haven't seen him since August.

Jana, I saw the Stones in 1981 in Candlestick Park in San Francisco. Great show, it was supposed to be their "farewell" tour

Susan, unless you know someone in Southern CA, that message was more than likely from Alex...better get yourself a new answering machine, girl

Alright, I'm off to the salt mines...it's Thursday, payday, almost made it through the week...and there's a hockey game on tonight...Hey Angie up there in the Great White North...are you a hockey fan?

Hi to Shanna, Kayecee, Kat, Kathy (we sure have a lot of "K's" on here, don't we?), Rita...hope I remembered everyone...

Have a great day, ladies --

Katie
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:34 AM   #12  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning ladies,,,
sorry I have just been busy,,,and Tanners off school...won't let me touch the puter when Im home. grrrr
I took him to Ruckers yesterday its like a fun arcade...mostly for the younger kids...I started to play this game,,,Im a cop and have to shoot the bad guys,,,without shooting a bystander or getting shot. You have to literally move out of the way,,,hide behind walls or signs ...I must of been on there for like 20 min. and did like a 100 squats...my legs hurt soooo bad right now. And Im embarassed to tell anyone why...lol *well its like this,,,I was in this arcade game and ....
*went home and did a 100 crunches and 100 squats sound so much better...lol

Susan, that had to have been Alex...is Becks having her cast signed? If so can you write on it for me...love Aunty Ang?

Marti,,,I sent your card to you but in your other H name...

Monte promised me hes gonna take some pics of me,,,full body and head shots.. Ill be sure to get it on here. i need to take it to my audition next week...

Jana,,,you would of been too young for woodstock...

Well I better go sell some beer...

Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 12:41 PM   #13  
One day at a time

Smile

Good Morning Ladies~

Shanna~Ditto what Jana said about the cards, and you are welcome for the card, and don't be embarrassed girly. Hope you are feeling better today.

Jana~yeah, those scales are junk. Dr. Phil makes a lot of sense-because I think too many want to get back to that weight that they were before having kids. Which I think is fine for them, a lot of women do get back to that weight and that is great. But our bodies change from having kids and I know I will never be at that weight, not even trying to. I know what I feel comfortable at for my body, which is 150-160. Anything below that would be too weird for me. The smallest I have been was 135 before I married (the first time) and I don't see myself that skinny again. Of course even at that weight I was told I needed to lose. I have to agree with Katie about your post being inspiring. I printed it out.

I don't understand why I am doing what I am doing as far as not giving 100% to losing weight. Last year at this time I was so gung ho and was losing and then just quit after half-a$$ trying off and on. I am giving myself a month to get my act together and get *serious*, I mean really serious about losing weight because I can't continue like this. It is

Marti~hope you got your homework done without too much stress. Of course accounting would drive me Did you say you were taking Word again??

Kathy~I try to remember everyone with a Hi everyday but I just know sometimes I forget to include someone, not intentionally. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Katie~I remember when my grandpa was in a nursing home-the problems my mom and Aunt had to go through with the one, and fighting to get things paid. They finally got it straightend out and moved him to another one and never had any problems after that. Hope you have a nice visit with your son.

Susan~I too bet it was Alex. I just can't believe that after talking almost daily that he wouldn't call or at least try to email or something at least once while he was gone.

Angie~Can't wait to see photos of you. How are you liking your new job?

Hi to everyone else, Rita & Kayecee. Hope you ladies are doing fine.

Not a lot going on here today. Cleaning and more cleaning, laundry and more laundry, letting the dog out, letting the dog in. We built a temporary fence in the back so we don't have to walk out with the dog every time he needs to go, which isn't very often thank goodness. He doesn't like people. Also, need to catch up on some card sending. Have some birthdays coming up and some thinking of you cards to send. I have a nephew and cousin in Iraq I need to write, of course I just found this out. My cousin is working over there as a civilian and my nephew (my niece's DH) is in the reserves and had to go to Texas for training to be sent over to Iraq. My neice is a nervous wreck, which is understandable. Anyway, BBL possibly. Take care EVERYONE and have a great day.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:51 PM   #14  
One day at a time

Default I'm Baaaaaaaaack...

Just for a second though. I forgot to thank Susan and Jana for the Easter cards I received. A big THANK YOU ladies!!
Old 04-08-2004, 07:06 PM   #15  

Height: 5'1"

Going to try and make this a quick one...I will post more tonight.

Jana--I so can't wait until this school year is over. I may have to take one more term to just finish it all. (still thinking on that)

Katie--Not a problem with the PM....I happy to give information. Have you all noticed that I'm pretty open with most things and can yap about ME all day long?

Cristi--Accounting is better than last time I have to admit. Better teacher. And word...I'm taking Advanced Word. I love that class. I like word. I find it facinating.

Angie--I'm really looking forward to seeing your photo!! I love putting faces to all the names!!

Hello to Shanna, Susan, Kayecee, Kathy, Rita & Kat!!

I need to get some things done around the house..then some homework. My weekend is going to be busy so I don't want a bunch of homework that needs done!!

I will try to post later tonight.

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote