South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 07:07 PM   #1  

Default Weekends

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE weekends, but I have found that it is harder for me to stay on the program on weekends. Maybe there are just more temptations around, but how do I keep from giving in to them? Has anyone found any good tips that have worked for them?

I have found that this "way of life" is working wonderfully for me. I don't have to completely give up those "treats"...but rather learn that once I am out of phase one and two, I can enjoy them in moderation. My only problem is learning to deal with the temptations!

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-05-2004, 09:36 PM   #2  
Chickpea

The only thing that works for me is having a lot of variety and experimenting with a lot of SBD recipes. After 3 tries I think I have that "decadent fudge brownie" recipe down! I put Cool Whip on top, and it is such a treat! I have not yet had to attend any social function, but there is a baby shower luncheon later this month, which will test me. I already resolved to have some nuts in my purse and not show up hungry.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:54 AM   #3  

I have the same problem! I find it really easy to stick to the plan during the week when I am in more of a routine but once the weekend comes around it is really hard. I get busy and don't have my snacks then I am starving when meal times arrive. I eat out more and find it hard to say no to treats when I am out visiting. I also drink way more coffee so forget to drink water.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Weekends are usually harder for me, too, because that's when we're more likely to eat out. But after gaining a pound or two afterwards, I've learned that if I want to lose weight, I have to eat healthier. So now I'm really careful what I order, and just have coffee for dessert. It's hard to pass up the decadent desserts, I'd rather order that than the main course, but I remind myself - that's how I ended up fat to begin with!
Closed Thread