Old 04-03-2004, 07:56 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay At Home Mom's #144

Welcome to a thread full of laughter, friendship and support devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families. We strive to win the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 08:01 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Thumbs up Happy Saturday

Happy Saturday to All. I guess you can tell how busy most of us were last night. Not many posts in the late pm hours. Hope everyone had a great Friday, Friday night and hope everyone has an even better Saturday.

I know I will. If any onf you read my post from yesterday, you'll know I did not have a good Friday. Today is a new day and will be much better. Fridays are NEVER good for me. My meals were okay, it's what was between them that was so bad. I didn't get to exercise because like I said Fridays are bad and I'm gone most of the day. I'm refreshed and ready to start again. Hope everyone else is. TTYL
Old 04-03-2004, 08:19 AM   #3  
2BoysMom

Good Morning all,

Ginny, congrats on the auction!! What kind of table is it again?? I'll be thinking of you Monday (?) at the drs...with any luck it'll be something minor!
The sewing machine is a Janome Harmony model (they were manufactured for Sears) and it has a built in button hole (whoooo hoooo) and I think 23 built in stitches. It's soooo much quieter than the one I had. I just had about 5 minutes to play with it yesterday. What am I going to sew??? Maybe I'll finish the quilted things I had started years ago and never finished . I have a whole beautiful quilt top done. All I have to do is put it together and put the binding on and either quilt or tie it. I'm afraid to try to quilt it and ruin it so I'll probably just tie it with yarn, but we'll see. I have made clothes in the past but patterns don't usually fit me right. A few years ago I bought a fitting/alteration book by Nancy Zieman (sewing with Nancy) but have yet to use it! Ooohhh, I'm terrible!

Crystal, we all have our off plan days...unfortunately. Thursday night I went bezerk in the kitchen for some reason...snacking on way too much junk when I wasn't hungry. Got back on track yesterday thank goodness! I hear you when you say that you think you might just stay off track . You just have to forgive yourself and move on.

Well I behaved at the jewelry show and didn't buy anything. I don't wear the stuff that I have now and when I do I usually wear the same basic stuff...boring in that department. Since I don't work outside the home right now and don't go out much I don't see the point in buying jewelry. She makes some gorgeous stuff too. She's a gemologist also. So just sat around chatting with the girls...fun stuff. Crystal, we have a group...mostly from high school ( over 22 years ago now) that still get together. We go out to dinner once a month - just us girls. It's a blast! I wish everyone had that opportunity.

Don't have much planned for the weekend. It was supposed to be warm but the forecast has changed. I think tomorrow's high is 39...bummer! My gf is going bike shopping today and we were hoping to get a ride in this weekend...I require at least 50 degrees for that!

I think I'll clean the house...it's in bad shape right now.
Hello to everyone and hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Happy Anniversary Spryng!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 01:27 PM   #4  

Geri - I think I am going to buy a cheap machine to see how I like it. I need to get some kind of hobby. Even with working two days, I have too much time on my hands. Mind you I have only one child.

Crystal - Weekends are so hard for me. Dh is a bad influence when he is home. Today WILL be better than yesterday.

My 56 year old father ran the Cooper Bridge run today, 6.2 miles. Pretty popular race, Oprah ran it a few years ago. He has been on a health kick since JW was born. So for all of you that do not want to exercise today, I hope he is your motivation. I am really proud of him. I could not have done it at my best shape. Anyway, we tried to walk at 700 this morning. Too cold for us Southerners 52, so I waited til noon and took JW out. I need to get him shades, he pulls the blanket over his face when the sun is in his eyes. He is down for a nap and then to MIL/FIL to spend the night. They will probably take him for a walk as well to show off to the neighbors. I hope everyone is having a Happy Saturday!.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 01:57 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Hi!

Crystal- guess I was the only one posting last nite. Hope your weekend is better than yesterday was. We all have our bad days.

Geri- congrats on the sewing machine! Sounds like yours is pretty similar to mine- yours might have a few more stitches than mine. So nice to have a quiet machine......and I hear ya, I thought I was in heaven with a built in button holer!!Then, of course I had no idea how to use it and had to go to my neighbor (who used to be a professional seamstress) to help me figure it out!!!!! They sell a lot of home dec patterns that are easy to use- fancy pillows, curtains and the like that are a great way to start. Little girls sun dresses are easy, but somehow Will and Tony do not sound like sundress kids!!!!!! You might want to start there. Anyway, enjoy it (and think of me when you sew..... wish I was with you!)

Melinda- gee, your Dad is such an inspiration! Good for you getting the walk in. I had to laugh- 52 is almost hot for me for a walk( I do like to walk when it is cool).
Sewing is a great hobby- and for me it is very, very relaxing. Nothing like buying a piece of fabric and turning it into something pretty. The best part is somewhere in the middle of the process......there will be one seam/part of construction when you can really see the beginning of the final product and get excited about it. There are lots of basic machines out there that you can get off to a good start with. And, as I mentioned to Geri- home dec patterns tend to be easy, straight seams and easy planning.

We took Ds to a camp this am- he is there with his class as a service project painting the camp. Pick up is tomorrow am. I can't wait to hear how he survives! It was just an adventure getting him there. Other than that, today seems quiet. I have to stay away from the stress eating......I just wish this appointment Monday was over and I knew what was up. It is entirely possible that this is fibroids. BTW- I bought a coffee table, Geri. In great shape, and I got it for a very good price. Now just to figure out how/when we are picking it up.
Guess I have blabbered enough...........hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Ginny (Happy anniversary, Spryng!)
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 04:43 PM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Oh, brother......first of all I told Dh about the Dr visit. I know I was not going to but it seemed like the appropriate time. Right after he told me about his BIL (his sister's Dh, who was just diagnosed with prostate cancer). Guess its gonna be one of those days...... Anyway, Dh was ok- I tried really hard to make it sound like not such a big deal, after all, it could be nothing big. Sorry I had to vent- came online to get the phone # for where my table is. Hope your weekend is going great. Hi to everyone!
Ginny
Old 04-04-2004, 09:44 AM   #7  
2BoysMom

Good morning,

Ginny, glad Dh took the news well! That always helps and probably took a load off of you.

Just a quick post this morning. Both boys were complete beasts last night. They ended up going to bed crying...I almost did too! Dh and I were supposed to have date night after the boys went to bed. Needless to say, it didn't happen . We'll try again tonight. All I wanted to do was crawl in bed with him and watch a movie and snuggle...

I did play with my machine and Ginny, it is thereaputic! I have sewn lots of clothes when I was younger, even a lined suit. I just need to learn how to adjust a pattern to fit my pear shape. Right now I'm just taking the kids receiving blankets and cutting them into cleaning rags...to get me used to the machine and such. I also can't eat while I sew so I think I'll try to find lots of projects. lol

Did the 3 mi walk today. Melinda...I felt very guilty about not doing any intentional exercise yesterday especially after your Dad's marathon (congrats to him!). I just couldn't muster up the energy plus I did a lot of cleaning and laundry yesterday. So I had my 1 day off for the last 6 weeks. Shouldn't feel guilty, but I do. I'll get over it.

I hope eveyone's having a very nice weekend. Ginny, let us know what happens tomorrow as soon as you can. Gotta get the boys in the tub and then myself in the shower. TTYL.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:01 AM   #8  

Default Good Morning!

Is this a new thread cause I'm not getting emails anymore. I thought everybody was just really enjoying the weekend.

Anyway, I've got to start posting more. I've only posted once or twice, so in case ya'll forgot, I'm Mary and I'm doing the Body for Life. Or I was till yesterday. I so fell off the wagon. Hit the ground hard, too. I went to my Moms cause my 2 yr old has been sick all week and I've been stuck in this apartment. Just couldn't take it anymore. So off I went. Her house is always filled with goodies. I guess I was feeling kind of down, so I didn't have much willpower or didn't want to. Then my dh went got Krispy Kreme donuts this morning for the boys and I sunk deeper. Now he's gone to church and I'm left at home with 2 sick boys and a box of Krispy Kreme donuts. Oh well
Back on the wagon tomorrow.
Anyway, if my ds isn't better by tomorrow, he's going to the dr.
It sounds like I wasn't the only one who goofed, though.

Look forward to talking to ya'll more
ebeth2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 02:22 PM   #9  

Geri - Didn't mean to target you. You are doing great with the workouts. Haven't gotten one into day yet, but will this evening. The Daylight Savings thing messed us up this morning.

Mary - So glad to have you back. I hope the kids are feeling much better. I stress eat when JW is cranky or not feeling well.

I am not doing to good on plan either. Had a wedding last night, did not know how to track those points. Had a good time, so I guess that is what matters. We were going to go to the local Cajun festival today, but JW spent the night out and he needed a nap and it is expensive. Last year we went and shelled out $50 for food and I was still hungry when we left (Oh, that is the reason I have a weight problem, always hungry). BTW, Have a great day!
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 08:41 PM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Unhappy Can you match this...?

Oh my goodness. I didn't post last night and this is my first post today.

Ginny- I'm glad you told your dh about the sono because that adds stress to you and if you're a stress eater, then that's trouble. I'm sure everything's fine. Keep us informed.

Mary- I can SOOO understand. My bad day was Friday. I was at my mothers house because I clean her house every Friday and it's filled with goodies. I couldn't take it. But tomorrow is a new day for you. It's always okay to screw up every once in a while, I think that's what keeps us sane half the time.

Okay, can ANYONE match my weekend? Tell me about it if you can. Let's start by saying Friday I fell off the wagon big time. That wasn't good. Saturday I was gonna get out for a while, but my almost 3 year old, started throwing up, have no idea why. After throwing up once and sleeping half the day away, she was fine as if nothing happened. Then it started, my father-in-law (step) and his wife were expecting their second child, (her 5th). So they went to the hospital because she started having contractions and I got her 4 on top of my 3. Let's see that was a 10 year old, 8 year old, 6 year old, 5 year old, almost 3 year old, 16 months and 14 months. Did I forget to mention, I live in a 2 bedroom house? Their kids are spoiled and get to do whatever they want. The 10 year old mama's the baby, all the kids are CONSTANTLY holding the baby. The 6 year old is bossy and SPOILED, SPOILED, SPOILED. To make it better, I NEVER got a phone call ALL night from them to give me an update. Their baby sleeps with them, my son still wakes up about twice a night. How was this gonna work? I was really upset not having a phone call. To add the night was actually okay, couldn't complain too much about that and I ate well. To make it better, this morning I noticed my father-in-law and wife were home, sleeping, peacefully, quietly. They sent her back home. Granted she had contractions all night but they could have at least gotten the 14 month old. So this morning, they took the baby back home for about 1 hour before going back to the hospital so I got all of them again. I ate great until dinner, I had to order pizza for this gang and I ate about 3 slices. Everything else all day has been great and I didn't exercise, but we all got outside and played twice today. I feel bad for getting upset and almost going crazy, after all we are family and they should be able to count on me, but w/o the phone call last night, I felt used, taken advantage of. What do y'all think? I HAD to come and vent, I'm finally down to my three and don't know what to do.
BTW, she had the baby, 5lb.12oz., Madison D'Ann, her b-day, 04-04-04.

I hope everyone had a better weekend than I did, tomorrow is a new day. My spring break is over and back to doing school. I'm planning an Easter unit study, those are ALWAYS fun.

TTYL.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:49 PM   #11  
2BoysMom

Just a quick hello,

Mary, welcome back! We all fall off the wagon...so stick with us and we'll get you back on!

Melinda...I wasn't feeling targeted at all! So sorry if I left that impression...that's the problem with the written word . I was just feeling guilty..a thing I ALWAYS do, when I really shouldn't have. Glad you had fun at the wedding....that kind of thing is the only thing that frustrated me about WW points...trying to figure out how much you ate when you didn't prepare it. Maybe Spryng or Ginny could help you there.

Crystal...boy, now I really feel bad about complaining about my 2 beasts last night! I don't know how you did it and DON'T YOU DARE feel bad about eating 3 pieces of pizza...with all those kids it's a wonder you didn't eat a whole pizza by yourself

The boys were much better today. Tony was still a bit whiny but his 8th tooth is popping out . Will fell asleep and took a rare nap today so I actually got one in myself. I think it's been at least 6 or 7 months since I got to nap! I loved it. Gave me enough energy to mop my kitchen floor tonight.

OK, I said this was going to be quick..so hello to everyone else out there.

Hope you all had a good weekend!
Old 04-04-2004, 10:24 PM   #12  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies,

Geri,
Congrats on the nap and Tony's got eight teeth, huh? WOW!!! Andrew still has four and working on the next

Crystal,
So Sorry about your day...... I would have eaten the whole pizza! I have been in your situation before! Just be happy with yourself for being a good person and helping out!!!!! Tomorrow is a new day and a new week and we can start over!!!

Melinda and Crystal,
I will mail you the ww stuff if you want it! Melinda, I am not sure if you already have it or not!

We have been down the river all weekend and I am beat! I will post again tomorrow!

Spryng,
HOpe you had a great weekend!
Candy, Mary, Ginny, Andrea, and anyone else I missed.... Have a great night!

Tomorrow is a new day
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 10:32 PM   #13  

Whew! Crystal I'll take 2 sick boys over you weekend any weekend. Glad u got through it.

Congrats on the ?stepniece? or stepSIL?
ebeth2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 07:52 AM   #14  
SAHM of 3

Smile Happy Monday

Good morning all. Happy Monday. Thanks for your kind words about my weekend . It sounds like everyone else is doing good. For anyone who didn't so well this weekend or may have fallen off the wagon, that's okay. We'll help you pick yourself up today and start anew.
I'm challenging all of us to stay ON PLAN ALL WEEK and Friday we'll see who does the best, how's that. That should motivate all of us.
Penny - I would love the WW info. You should be getting your Watkins info if you haven't already, my address is on the envelope, if you still need it let me know. And btw, the email address I've been using, I'm changing to [email protected]. Although I can and will still receive info from my aol address, I've been having problems with my aol so it may be a while before I get any messages from that. Let me know, and Thanks.

Have a Great Day!!!
Old 04-05-2004, 09:49 AM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Ok, lets try this again!!!!!
I tried to leave a post and my computer got hung up, so this will be short.

Crystal- gee, you had one tough day!!!!!! I think I would be a wee bit perplexed/ annoyed too. But sounds like you came thru ok....I like the idea of the OP challenge for this week too.

Penny- sounds like you had a fun weekend. Stop in and say hi when you are rested up!

Mary-how is Ds feeling??? Don't get upset about having a few bad days. Put your energy into making today a good one!!!!!! Drink lots of water to flush out all the unhealthy stuff, and get you on the right track.

Geri-Tony and Will let Mommy have a nap?! Gotta love them- bet it felt good, too. You WI tonite, right? Good luck.

Melinda- so daylight savings messed you up too????? It usually takes me a week to get back to where the time feels normal. As far as eating out goes...well, this is sort of a silly way to count stuff, but if I can figure out points I do it this way. If there is a plain protien entree- like say- chicken marsala- well, I would count the 3 or 4 points for the protein (and make sure that the portion size appears correct, only eat half a piece or whatever) and then add a point or two for the sauce/gravy/breading etc. And try to keep the amount of sauce/breading to a minimum (scrape some off etc..) Then try to get as many plain foods as possible- fruit cup/salad etc.. where you can be fairly sure that the points value is straightfoward. As far as desserts go, again, portion control becomes the big thing- a small piece of layer cake should only be 4-5 points. So, ok I am guessing on some of it......but I have lost on weeks that I counted a social events just like that. After a while you do get pretty good at guessing at point values (where you get fairly close).
We picked up the table yesterday- it is gorgeous and I am so pleased.
Gotta go get my WW tape in, then off to drive (just have to work 2 hours today). Hopefully I will get back here later after the Dr appt. Have a great day!!!!!
Ginny