South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 04:14 PM   #1  

Default I feel like I'm slipping...

I've lost a total of 11 pounds, all of them in the first six days and I've kept them all off. But now, the scale hasn't budged for an entire week and counting; and I'm tired, and I feel discouraged, and I don't know if maybe I should leave phase one (why am I terrified to have a piece of whole grain bread? Why?), but I don't want to, and oh, I don't know, whine, whine, whine, whine. I hate dieting!!!!

This same thing happened to me when I hit the low 150's in Weight Watchers. I got very tired physically, and I got very sick of dieting, and every cell in my body just seems to say, enough!!! I've been at that weight or above for seven years (since before I became pregnant with my first daughter). My body is FIGHTING to hang on to it. Its a battle!!

MM.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:34 PM   #2  

Hello Moonmirror,

Hang in there. You can do this. I have been on SBD since January 18. The first week was great and then I slowed way down. I have lost a total of 11 pounds (the last 3 I have lost over and over again during the past couple of weeks). I go through phases where I am on program and then off program. I hog it up one day and then good the next and then back to the hog fest. Overall I am really pleased and finally feel that I have found the right eating plan for me.

I am also sick of dieting even though I know this isn't a diet. I want to be able to go and stuff my face with what ever I want to consume. I've been down that path and I can't say that it has really worked for me. I don't like myself very well with the extra weight. I must say that I like myself a whole lot better now and I feel better now.

I will probably continue to fall off the wagon and go on a "hogfest" periodically but I really feel that I will be able to do this and I think that you can also.

Hang in there!
Old 03-30-2004, 04:40 PM   #3  

Unhappy

thanks buttbegone.

I really can't type that without cracking up, you know.

You are right. Sometimes I just want to vent my frustration. Isn't it interesting how easy this is short term, and it just gets harder as time goes on? I am still motivated and that's probably why it is hard. Sigh. Plugging away, plugging away....
Old 03-30-2004, 05:21 PM   #4  
RNMOM

Default Hang in there

It can be frustrating. Stay OP and focus on what you've lost. Cheating doesn't feel good and it won't get you anywhere, but where you don't want to be.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:12 PM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

moonmirror-
I am in the same boat. I've been doing this diet since the last week of February, so about a month now. I did great in the first phase and really slowed down in the second.
However, you may feel a little better if you take your measurments. I noticed that I lost two inches even though my weight had not gone down at all. It sucks to be in a slump. I had a bad weekend last weekend and cheated all over the place. And I learned my lesson!! Major headache and stomach problems and pounds have come back!!! Depressing.

But for some reason, on South Beach, I felt able to get up the next day and start over again. Which is a good sign, i think.
Keep with it, it's hard but it's worth it.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:47 PM   #6  

thanks guys.

Today I'm just having a bad day, I guess. Too much artificially sweetened candy, also, and I have major carb cravings. I put some yams in the oven to have with dinner tonight. I've got to have carbs today....so I'll have some healthy ones.

Week three is hard!
Old 03-31-2004, 07:21 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Moon, hang in there, hon. Are you getting any exercise in? If not, that could really give you a boost.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:20 PM   #8  

Hang in there moonmirror. The first two weeks you lose a lot of weight then you tend to slow down a bit but this is when the fat comes off (not just water loss) so it is really worth sticking to it. It can be a little disheartening and this is when you can realise that you are on a diet for life! After another couple of weeks this new eating style should become a routine and you automatically think 'chicken salad' for dinner (or whatever you eat). You shouldn't still be craving carbs after phase one so your body is probably just wanting to go back to the old eating style. Just remember that this is how you got here to start with and if you go back to that way of eating then you will probably regain this lose.

Try to focus on the things you LIKE about SB diet. I have been enjoying the meat and nuts (typical - why can't I love eating vegies) and am enjoying having deserts (I used to have white bread sandwhiches if I was still hungry after dinner).

Hang in there and remember to take your measurements so that if your weight loss stalls you can see the inches melt. This tends to happen if you are exercising.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:36 PM   #9  

thanks chick on the beach. That really helped.
It is true that I have lost inches and they have not come back. I decided today that I need to shake up my snacks a little and eat some different things.

I was planning to get some Laughing Cow light cheese...are the portions limited on that?

I've been eating SO many nuts. Far more than recommended. I'm thinking from now on I'm going to snack on light cheese instead...see if that makes a difference.

I had a piece of whole grain toast this morning and a yam last night. It is true that the diet gets limited and it brings down your morale a little. I needed to add a little here and there, I just had to. If I gain I'll cut back a little.

Thanks Chick,
MM
Closed Thread