Old 03-28-2004, 07:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+.......Preparing for Summer Body Challenge

This thread is a spring challenge that is similar to the Discover Health New Body Challenge. It runs from April 1st to June 30th. Some of us in the 300+ Forum need accountablity. This challenge is about setting goals and accountability.

The basics of the New Body Challenge is being aware of your condition, facing it, setting goals, formulating plans, making the commitment to improve/grow/change, and being accountable to those plans.

Set your goals and pick the exercise plan, the food plan and method of accountability that works for you. Post your goals and post as often as you need to keep you motivated.

If you're not a regular poster on the 300+ forum, you're welcome to join us on the regular threads and get to know the group.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 07:21 PM   #2  

This challenge will officially begin on April 1st. But I've been thinking about my goals for the next three months and wanted to get them written down.

My goals for the next challenge are:
1. Lose 10 pounds.
2. Ease back into cardio (if the foot is healed)
3. Continue to reshape my body through exercise.

My tools for success:

1. WW plan with South Beach as an influence.

2. MWF mornings will be for General Conditioning with the curl bar, medicine ball and stability ball. Pilates for legs.

3. TTH mornings will be Pilates for back and abs.

4. Evenings - two times either Gin Miller's stability ball workout or the Fit over Fifty stability ball workout. (No, I'm not over 50 yet!)

5. Begin dog walking again if allowed.

7. Do 15 minutes of cardio on the airdyne to start.

6. Revise my plan at the first of each month.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:49 AM   #3  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

I'm in - but I'll be posting my goals later this week.

psm
brunissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:11 PM   #4  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

So glad you are starting a new challenge. I am so ready to be back in this game!

Terri, you mentioned two stability ball workouts. I've been looking for a good one, but keep shying away because of the cost and not knowing if it is any good or not. Would you suggest the titles you mentioned?

I need to work on my goals, but I do know a couple already.

1. 3 days a week at Curves.
2. Sticking to my low carb diet, Curves style.
3. 3 other forms of exercise throughout the week. Any activity will count, as long as it goes for at least 30 minutes.

Ok, that should be enough to get me started. I had a WI and measurements taken just this morning, so I should be good to go!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:20 PM   #5  

Andria -

I just got a Gin Miller tape. I ordered from her website. I ordered a ball which came with her workout plus I got the package where I could choose another workout tape. all for $40. The second tape I think I made a boo-boo in ordering because it turned out to be "Fit and Fifty". However, I like the exercises. I admit that the Gin Miller has some advanced stuff - why start at beginner when you can leap into intermediate & advanced? I can't do everything but in a few workouts I'll be mastering more.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:22 PM   #6  

Okay first day of the challenge!

And I've started it off with NO exercise.

But I've done well with food and water. Its wrapping up to be two solid weeks OP. I will go to WW for official weigh-in on Saturday morning. That will be my starting point. From that, I want to be 10+ down by the end of June.

Foot doc tomorrow! Maybe I will be cast-free!

Come on in lurkers! Let's get make some changes for having a great summer!
Old 04-02-2004, 08:35 PM   #7  

Day 2 has gone okay.

I ended up over in points but I still have lots of flex points so I'm okay for the week.

Tonight I got to take my first walk since last of Jan or first of Feb. Only 20 minutes at a slow pace and still have to wear the air cast. But it WAS a walk and it WAS outside in the fantastic spring nighttime air. All full of wonderful allergens!

Time to rest!
Old 04-03-2004, 04:05 PM   #8  

Went to WW this morning and was down 7.2 pounds! Part of it was the aircast. Who cares because I got my 25 star magnet!

I'm starting this challenge then at 253. My goal then is to be down past 243 by the end of June.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:22 PM   #9  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Ok, I know I wrote a post yesterday, but I can't swear to the fact that I submitted it... Yeah, my brain is a little scattered. At least my program isn't.

Terri, WOW! I am so impressed you got your star!

I can hardly wait to report my loss when I weigh in tomorrow. Yeah, it has been that good a week. Besides, any week when no less than 6 people tell you they can see you have lost a lot of weight is a good week.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 08:41 PM   #10  

Thanks Andria! Good luck tomorrow!

We had our off-program day yesterday. Today, we got back at it. Tomorrow, our new week starts. We've got our menu planned for the week.

I just got back from walking the dog. Tomorrow, I'm going to get back on the stationary bike for 15 mins a session plus my other work.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:30 AM   #11  

Good morning!

Its Monday and time to kick butt!

My plan for the day is to keep my food within 28 points, drink 90 oz of water, and walk the dog tonight as well as 15 mins on the stationary bike. I've already done my general conditioning workout this morning.

I am going to put a list of all the workouts I do and how many times I've done them each week.

Weekly workouts accomplished:

General conditioning with curl bar, medicine ball and stability ball: Mon AM
Dog walk - 20 minutes slow pace:
Stationary bike - 15 mins:
Pilates for Back:
Pilates for Buns & Thighs:
Pilates for Abs:
Old 04-05-2004, 03:04 PM   #12  
this time I mean it!!!

Hello All!

Well, my week off was wonderful - I didn't realize how much I just needed some "couch time". But now it's time to get back on track. So, I guess I should post a goal or two for this challenge....

1. Average 60 min of exercise daily
2. WATER WATER WATER - 128oz
3. Watch my food - follow the plan/suggestions from the nutritionist

I'm not posting a weight goal, mainly because I'm tired of missing them. But I'm hoping that all that will change this month, and the numbers on the scale will start dropping again.

Plan for today:
1750 Calories
128oz water
60 minutes with the Evil Trainer
30 minutes Cardio (stationary bike maybe)

psm
Old 04-06-2004, 09:18 PM   #13  

Hi!

Day two of the week already! I've had two good food days and am easing back into cardio exercise. Tonight I walked the dog and then did 15 mins on the stationary bike. Water has been okay. I'm moving into the PMS cycle so I need to be good about the water.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:02 AM   #14  

Hump day!

I'm up and about! Sure am looking forward to a four-day weekend; that is, if I can get off work.

I've done my general conditioniong workout this morning so I'm off to a good start. I'll take my lunch so I'll keep food within range. Tonight will be BBQ or baked chicken and asian coleslaw. Exercise will be either walk the dog, airdyne or a video depending on if its raining and what time I get home from work.

Weekly workouts accomplished:

General conditioning with curl bar, medicine ball and stability ball: Mon AM Wed am
Dog walk - 20 minutes slow pace: Tues PM
Stationary bike - 15 mins: Mon PM 10 mins Tues PM 15 mins
Pilates for Back:
Pilates for Buns & Thighs:
Pilates for Abs:
Old 04-08-2004, 06:00 PM   #15  
this time I mean it!!!

Man, I wish I were looking forward to a 4-day weekend....

Been really busy with a reorg at work, so I haven't had a change to post - but I'm doing well. I worked 3x this week with the Evil Trainer, and I'm working on the food suggestions from the nutritionist - still not drinking enough water, so I think I need to give my daily diet coke and replace that with water. My weight hasn't budged, but TOM arrived almost a week early (imagine my happiness with that!), and that combined with not enough water is a big part of that problem.

Plan for tonight -
45 minutes of Pilates

Plan for tomorrow -
Evil Trainer for 60min
Cardio at lunch
128oz water

psm