Old 03-24-2004, 06:46 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #60

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #59

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:48 AM   #2  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. GRIPE AWAY GIRLS!!!

Cat: Good for you girl and hope that foot is coming along! Thanks for the info on the eggs. I don't have them on my post. I have a check mark and when you put your pointer over it, it says I am invisible! Don't know WHY I am invisible, but I am!

Later girls!

Faye
Old 03-24-2004, 07:14 AM   #3  

Wink

okay...maybe I did go overboard with the smiley's...but I just felt so pumped up I couldn't help it...am I forgiven??.. anyway yesterday was another 4 point day for me...YOOOOHHHOOOOO!!!!..I walked first for 45 minutes and then my hubby and I took another 15 minute walk together...I didn't work the gazelle ,but got it planned first thing this morning..it is amazing how exercise makes you feel so much better...releasing all those endorphins just makes you so happy.... well I'm off to get some things done and finish my coffee...oh yeah the only Wed woes for me is I wish my two oldest Daughters would try to get along better than they are right now...they both call mama and complain about the other ..I guess wanting me to side with each of them ,but mama usually lends her ear,and gives her opinion,and tell them to please work this out between you two...they butt heads here lately,and I love them both dearly,but some things they are gonna have to learn to work out on their own..I really think they get a little frustrated that mama dont jump right in and go between them,but I feel they need to work this out...well I have to run..will check in later...love and hugs ..Joy
jloo1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:40 AM   #4  

Joy: You are absolutely right to stay out of it totally! If they are like my 2, they play against each other and then I get the blame when it goes downhill! I understand perfectly though I have a boy and a girl. Right now it is this wedding thing and it has split them apart pretty good. My son is furious that his sister is not coming to his wedding and I can't blame him, but I have opted out of this one big time!

I would say my woes are the vacation isn't getting here fast enough and I don't like the fact my kids are at odds. I have been put right in the middle (they never ask their dad as he would tell them straight off and that would be the end of that!) Anyway, it saddens me that his sister won't be at his wedding and that it weighs on his mind so much.

Everyone has a spectacular day and work to get all your points!

Faye
Old 03-24-2004, 08:24 AM   #5  
It is what it is...

Default Morning Girls

Hello... another 3 point day yesterday ....

Knobhdy - I think I forgot to welcome you, so WELCOME

Okay girls, this is a bit of an embarassing Weds Woe but here goes ( and I would like any suggestions on how to help this ) ... I am very constipated For about the last three weeks I have been....I have never been in my life so I thought it would go away, no such luck...I did think maybe it is the banana that I have everyday, aren't they supposed to do that? Anyway I dont feel good, what should I use to get this straightened out? Or just plain out? ha ha Have any of you had this problem and if so what did you use? PLEASE HELP

Faye - why isnt your dd going? I think she should be there for her own brothers wedding, he has a right to be upset with her....I know it is hard when family isnt getting along and vacation will be here before you know it!!!

Are we all going to have to take up belly dancing and change the name of this thread? ha ha... I could use it actually....

Well have a good day all, talk later...I will check back later to see if anyone has any suggestions for me ... thanks in advance...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:51 AM   #6  

Wink

Faye...I am sorry your dauf=ghter is not going ...but it will be her loss...you are right ..if you dare say anything ,they blame you and say well"mama said this and mama said that"...so I let them decide how to work it out...but it can be so frustrating for mama...yesterday i almost give in to just sitting down and wanting to eat eat eat...but instead went for a walk and got busy with doing something else...but you can,t help but worry...one daughter is hot tempered and holds nothing back,while the other holds it in a nd holds it in ,then all at once let's it out...because the other runs her mouth off and says what she thinks making the other madder and madder till she explodes....jeeeshhh!!!..I have to back off and let them work this out,only one called the cops on the other yesterday,and almost went to jail...[maybe they need to go to see what it would be like to settle it between them.]..one actually hit the other... then they both call me and expect me to work it for them ...this has been an ongoing thing between them since their father passed...I have even offered to get some therapy for them ,as I have gotten it for my 17 year old daughter to help cope with the loss of her father...it has really hepled her...the counselor comes right here to the house and talks privately with Julie and with the family...family therapy that hepls give us ways to help julie too...but they have this ideal that it is not needed...I can't make them ,but they are gonna have to deal with this between them,I have offered and that is all I can do...I have tried to talk to them, and about the time I think It might do some good,they are right back at it....sorry for all the complaining,but I really needed to let it out...well,I am off to work out on the gazelle ..maybe it will help with all this worry...Joy
Old 03-24-2004, 09:19 AM   #7  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Talking happy hump day!

I guess I had maybe a 3 point day yesterday. I had all my water and I went to the gym. I ate under my calories but that is only because I had pizza for dinner and nothing else to eat all day. Which I appreciate is not healthy. Today I started out with a low fat granola bar after first period, so that should help.

I have a wednesday woe (or wine as it is): I am unhappy because it is snowing and I think it should stop!
It was really sunny a couple of weeks ago and 50s every day but then it decided to be winter again. It is almost April! I need to move south.

Carri - Have you tried Cranberry juice. It has that effect on people, especially if taken in high concentrations. I also recommend prune juice. That is what my parents used to feed me when I was a kid.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:14 AM   #8  

Boy, you girls have been busy!

Carri: Yes, the bananas will do that if eaten everyday because they are fibrous and you have to really up the water you drink if you are going to eat them everyday. I agree, prune juice or prunes are a good natural remedy. I started about 6 months ago drinking a serving of Citrucel EVERY day and boy has that fixed me up. You shouldn't be embarrassed, it happens. If it has gotten so bad you are really in pain, get some laxative suppositories. They work the fastest of anything.

Joy: This is gripe day so gripe away. We love our kids, but they can be a total pain in the BUTT!

Ok, here is the deal with the dd and son. They decided to marry in Vegas and the dd doesn't want to pay for the airline tickets for her, her dh and son to go nor does she want to pay for herself, though she can afford it. DS has offered to loan her the money to go, but again she says it is not the money that it is just too much money to spend for such a short period of time and they went to Vegas for vacation year before last and see no reason to go again, also if she would go by herself, she refuses to be away from Thomas for Easter, which is the next day. On top of that, she didn't go to the bridal shower either. What my son doesn't know is that she went on a girls weekend that she said she couldn't cancel (though she drove and did not have airline tickets she couldn't cash in) AND she was in Illinois the whole weekend only 4 hours away from where the shower was. I know about all this and so does my dh of course, but I hope ds never finds out because that would just stick another pin in him. I believe she is upset that they didn't get married down here like they talked about. It is just a big mess and part of my problem is I KNOW TOO MUCH and have to keep it bottled up inside when I want to express my opinion. Her excuses are lame considering her brother sacrificed to come to her wedding and was living in Florida at the time, though she tells another story! You are all right that sooner or later she is going to regret not going. What saddens me is that not once has she asked to see the shower photos I took and I believe that if you were someone that wanted to go and couldn't you surely would be anxious to see the pictures of it at least. There is a LOT of jealousy here and it is not going to get better after my son gets married only worse, especially when they have kids considering her son is my only grandchild.

Knob: move here, it is going to be middle 70's today and middle 80's by the weekend!

Oh, I came online to give you all some interesting info. Dr Dean Edell was on Good Morning America talking about foods and here is some of what he said:

REGULAR SOFT DRINKS HAVE 15 TEASPOONS OF SUGAR PER CAN

RAISINS ARE ONE OF THE WORST THINGS TO GIVE KIDS FOR SNACKS BECAUSE THEY ARE STICKY AND STICK TO THE TEETH CAUSING TOOTH DECAY. HE RECOMMENDS CHEESE AND SAYS THAT CHEESE ACTUALLY PREVENTS DECAY

IF YOU NEED VITAMIN "C" BESIDES ORANGES, STRAWBERRIES, KIWI, BROCCOLI ARE ALL HIGH IN IT

APPLE JUICE IS THE WORST JUICE TO DRINK AND LACKS ALMOST ALL NUTRIONAL VALUE

I hope this helps you make informed decisions about some of the things you eat and drink or give to your children.

Later girls and like I told another thread: REMEMBER YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT, so let's not be elephants today!
Old 03-24-2004, 11:22 AM   #9  

THANKS FAYE....so far I am exercising my frustration away...I have walked,done some stretches and done the gazelle for 15 minutes...and the more I think about it the harder I go...staying busy in between doing the housework....and you are right ...we know too much and have to not say anything to the other....oh well,they'll work it out...I do believe that your daughter is jealous of your son and daughterinlaw to be bigtime...children can be our trials...that's for sure...but yes ,I love them dearly..and one of my daughter's has my sweet grandbaby....so I have to be careful...she has never held back me having her...but you never know in these situations...well,I'm off to do some more...love and hugs...Joy
Old 03-24-2004, 11:50 AM   #10  

Hi friends!
4 points for me yesterday......

No time for woes, got lots to sew before 6 tonight.

Talk later,
me sew now!

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:03 PM   #11  

I HAVE KICKED BUTT TODAY...I JUST DID THE GAZELLE WORKOUT TAPE FOR 30 MINUTES...YES,YES YES...FIRST TIME I HAVE DONE THE WHOLE TAPE WWWWHHHHOOOOHHHOOO!!!...LATER GIRLS...GONNA KICK SOME MORE ....JOY
Old 03-24-2004, 02:05 PM   #12  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Well i've been up for hours and i've been online for hours so i've really got to get my butt in gear because i've promised myself (and others ) that i'll get some form of exercise today have'nt had my brekky or anything and my stomach is about to grumble big time so i'd better take care of that before a binge ensues

Carri, i can't eat banana's because they bung me up and i have enough problems in that department already i find that eating a few pieces of licorice helps if all else fails you can always go and get some senokot tabs, just make sure that you get something gentle cos sometimes they hurt more than help. Stay off the banana's for a bit

Faye, i think your daughter is being a bit rotten if she can afford to go who would'nt want to go to Vegas? does'nt take me much to zoom off down there i could always substitute
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:08 PM   #13  
Gym'll fix it!!

Oh Faye, i forgot to mention you DO have an exclamation mark in your egg we must not see it on our own post i have a red dot on mine cos i'm invisible too..if you want to change that just go to your User CP then everybody will be able to "see" you when you are online and bombard you with instant PM's
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:51 PM   #14  
It is what it is...

Thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely have to lay off the bananas, which makes me sad, because I like them so much, they help stave off hunger...oh well, maybe just have one once in a while....have a good evening all....
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 03:42 PM   #15  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Cat
Joy
Julie
Faye
Carri
Knobhdy

Doing a great job girls!

Thanks for the info Cat. Now what do the eggs with the yolks mean? Some people have them some don't.

Faye