Old 03-22-2004, 08:54 PM   #1  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Default Teachers struggling to lose weight #5

Goodbye winter blahs! Hello spring...filled with promise for a healthier future...filled with hope...filled with warm weather and a little wind and rain thrown in for good measure...time for new beginnings...second chances or third, fourth, or however many chances it takes to reach our goals!

Onward and upward!

Summer
Summerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:01 PM   #2  
KAR

Hi Summer and Ladies,
I really needed a little pep talk tonight. It was just one of those days when no one wanted to listen and they all just kind of did their own thing. It really makes for a long day when you already don't feel good.
So how was everyone else's day? I hope all is well with everyone.
Here's to wishing everyone a wonderful Tuesday!
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:31 PM   #3  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey Ya'll! Happy Spring....even if it *WAS* below freezing this morning! ARGGGH!

Soooooooo ......Today has been a big day! My dh turned 41. (I've been with him since he was 16...YIKES...he is *OLD*!) My puter friend's husband is in ICU, going to have surgery in the morning.... My best friend's youngest got engaged and her oldest found out she was preggers (First grandbaby!) Tis been QUITE the day!

I stayed OP ....until the birthday cake......I was going to skip it....but it WAS german chocolate..and called my name and stuff... and my dh is OLD...and My flowergirl is now engaged...and there's gonna be a baby...and my friend's husband is going to have angioplasty (spelling?!) ! NONE of which are good excuses to eat cake!

I'm going to call it a night. Right here at 9:30!

Take care, my friends! Tomorrow is another day!
I'm going to fit in some exercise in there tomorrow....How about you?! How about a "30 Minute Minimum" Challenge?! I dare you! We have baseball practice tomorrow night...butttttttt.........I *WILL* find time for ME in there! I also will resist the cake tomorrow...it wasn't even THAT good...and besides...I've got to fit into some hot dress for this wedding (yet planned...but hey!)

take care,
Robyn
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:00 AM   #4  
KAR

Morning Ladies,
Robyn it is okay once in a while to help someone celebrate their birthday by having a piece of cake. It is not like you planned on eating the whole cake by yourself, right? You need to let yourself have a treat everyonce in a while or you will go insane. Trust me on that one. Because then you will build up a craving so bad that you will binge on that food and then really feel like you hit rock bottom. So live a little, gal!
I am planning on going into Curves this afternoon before my meeting tonight at TOPS. That all depends on how the DH is doing after his outpatient surgery this morning. By that time, I just might need some me time. LOL. Well I better go and get my sorry butt in gear for the day.
Have a good day ladies!
Old 03-23-2004, 05:49 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

I was wondering if anyone here would mind if I stop in on this thread from time to time.
I am not a teacher.....I am (gasp!) a bus driver, but it hit me this morning that we must face a lot of the same issues with students. I live in NY state- and I know that in some areas drivers are not well respected.....and even in my district there are some less than professional individuals. I promise not to drag you down - just might find some refreshing student humor here. (oh, are they rambuncious with spring arriving!)
Thanks for listening........
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 06:08 PM   #6  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Welcome Ginny! ....and GAWWWD bless you, girl! My apple pointer is raised to your honor! Not for a MILLION dollars would I attempt your job! ....Let alone do it for what they pay you gals around in my part of Virginia! You are more than welcome to come hang out with those who *understand*!

I'm off to baseball practice.....and it is right around 38 degrees...INSANE! When I return I will warm up with weights or the treadmill, can't decide which...BUT, since I've opened my big old trap about moving my fanny...well, I've gotta do it!

I'll check back in to hear how you moved YOURS!

ya'll wish me a major heatwave....in about 20 minutes! PLEEEZZZE!

Robyn
Old 03-23-2004, 09:29 PM   #7  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Okey...I won't be able to walk tomorrow.... BUT what's done is done.... Hallelujah! It wasn't pretty or coordinated BUT I did my Firm Fat Buster tape. DEARRR GAWWWD! At one point in my life I could have done that darn tape with my heaviest weights and not blinked an eye. I had to shut the thing down and take not 1 but 2 breaks in order to remain ALIVE.... It was U G L Y! But I did it!

Tomorrow is another day! What are you going to do with it?
((hugs))
Robyn
Old 03-23-2004, 10:05 PM   #8  
KAR

Hi Ginny, Summer and Robyn,
Welcome aboard Ginny! I also have to give you a special blessing. You have a tough job to do too. I know I would not be able to do it myself. With stepchildren, it gets a little wild just driving from the house to the store with them in the backseat. LOL. I don't know if I could handle 50 or 60 of them on a bus for a long period of time.
I am a little depressed tonight. I went to my TOPS meeting and weighed in. I had gained 3/4 of a pound. I don't know how it creeped up on me. I was a good girl last week and watched what I ate and worked out. Oh well, I will try harder next week.
Robyn I did get in 45 minutes of walking this evening after my meeting. I popped in Leslie Sansone's Walking Away the Pounds Express 3 mile tape and sweat my *** off. I felt a little bit better after I did it. So thank you for the challenge yesterday. Tomorrow night after school I am suppose to go to Curves and work out with my one friend. So I will get in another 45 minutes of sweating tomorrow too. Glad to hear that you made it through your FIrm Fat Buster tape. It is okay to take mini breaks. Just think in a couple weeks, you will be flying through that tape in no time without any breaks.
Well I better go and get rested up for my munchies tomorrow. I have to teach my Special Ed. class during the normal school day and then teach the Kindgarten afterschool class. Yesterday I had 15 kids and they were all wound for sound. I hope everyone has a great day at work tomorrow.
Take care!
Old 03-24-2004, 06:56 AM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Thanks for the welcome!!!!!!!

Kar- I attend WW - don't sweat the .75#. Could just be water - pride yourself on a nonscale victory, that you were a good girl last week! Next weeks gonna be better.

Congrats, Robyn on getting the fat buster tape in! You did it! Just keep looking ahead and not behind - (at least I try not to look at my behind, pretty ugly).
I slept thruthis am- usually walk before my family gets up.
Gotta go get ready to face the masses........all 57 of them (61 in the pm).
Have a great day!
Ginny

Robyn-
Old 03-24-2004, 07:05 AM   #10  
KAR

Morning Ladies,
Thanks for all the wonderful support from you two. Ginny and Robyn you are angels. I slept on my weight gain and feel much better today. Today is a new day and I am going to get back on track this week and lose. I did it so far for 60 pounds lost and I can do it again for some more poundage lost. I can do it with the help of my wonderful friends on line. Thanks again gals. You have a wonderful day!
Old 03-24-2004, 05:49 PM   #11  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

My fanny hurts! That's a good thing! hehe! Tonight I'm gonna do that darn tape again! ....Tomorrow my fanny shall be *YELLING* thank you at me! I also tend not to wanna look at my fanny!! LOL

Ginny, you're gonna fit in with us just fine!
Kar, I didn't know...or perhaps didn't remember....60 pounds! Yahoooo! Yippeee! How wonderful! How long has that taken you? How much more...and of course, Keep it UP!

I'll check in tonight before bed! Make a plan and stick to it!
Robyn

Thanks for the positive words! They keep me going!
Old 03-24-2004, 08:07 PM   #12  
Mommy, wife, teacher

WELCOME GINNY!!! You will fit in here very well...after all, you are at the "front lines" just like us. We should also welcome paraprofessionals, school secretaries, school nurses, cafeteria ladies, etc...since all of us have similar challenges.

I am short on time, so I won't be saying much. I just wanted to drop in to share some good news. I'm sure you remember me complaining about my aide's lack of commitment...and lack of attendance. My new principal told me today that I will get a new aide next year...if she is unable to fire my current aide this year. Our paraprofessional union is very powerful, and to top it off, my aide's mother is the president of the union! It doesn't seem to matter that she has taken 18 sick days since she came back from maternity leave just before Thanksgiving. But, my principal can move her to another school next year and hire someone more reliable for me. So, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry not to reply to anybody. Just know I think about you and care about you all.

Summer
Summerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:11 PM   #13  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
I had a wonderful day! I didn't over eat or snack too much. I did have a snack with my boys at school this afternoon. It has take me over 2 years to get were I am at now. The first year I dropped the 40 and then last year I dropped the other 20. So I would like to lose another 80. Time will tell. But I feel much better tonight. I went with a friend and we worked out at Curves tonight. So I worked up a good sweat. Tomorrow evening I think I will see if the one teen from TOPS wants to go for a walk with me. She asked me last night to call her whenever I started to walk outdoors again. So I think I might try to take her up on her offer tomorrow.
That is great news Summer! I have a wonderful aide and won't want to lose her for anything in the world. But some of the subs they get for her when she has to miss are something else. SO I know what you mean with your aide. Well I need to go and get some rest. My kids are getting wilder and wilder as each day passes. Have a wonderful Thursday. We can make it two more days and then the weekend. Yahoo!
Old 03-24-2004, 10:51 PM   #14  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

I did that darn tape again.... I only cut it off once...and that was to blow my nose...ok..so I also sorta caught my breath while taking care of my cold....but...
I did it! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Tomorrow will have to be WATP or treadmill cause my arms are about to fall off! hehehee!

My eating was in control. I am in charge. My brain is in charge. I am in charge. I have to keep telling myself that! geesh! WHY is this so hard!

My water bottle is finally empty!

School rant of the day: I have a child who has missed 33 days of school. All but 8 of which have had a note about her being "sick" from the mom. The office / attendance gal is very calm when she says "Well, we have notes for nearly all of her days." My point is that there are *33* days! That is nearly a whole marking period. Last year she missed 50 days of Kindergarten...that is more than a marking period. The year before she missed 47 days of First Step.... I can't get anyones attention about this. NO body seems to think that this many absences for 3 years in a row is remarkable. The worst part......even with 33 days out, this child is somehow maintaining just enough academic progress to get by....however, 2nd grade is going to be a REAL eye opener! Why have attendance laws/rules/ policies if they allow this garbage to go on. Why am *I* the only one who is concerned?

....School rant of the day officially over.... Thanks for listening!....

Tomorrow is another day! Make a plan and stick to it!
take care,
Robyn
Old 03-25-2004, 07:02 AM   #15  
burned out bus driver

'Morning!!!!!
Gee,it is so refreshing to see the school rants. I feel as though I will fit in just fine. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Robyn- (forgive my sick humor.......) now your fanny hurts, so you really have a pain in the butt??? Sorry, you are supposed to leave all them at school! Congrats for getting the workout in. How sad about the child missing 33 days of school. Do you think that this student is really sick- or is something else going on?

Summer- congrats on the new aide!!!! I know from my end of the business that a bad aide is worse than no aide at all....you might as well just do it all yourself!!! Something good to look foward to, good for you.

Kar- congrats on your major accomplishment, 2 years !!!!!! Good too getting in that workout, gets rid of all kinds of stress.

I got up this am and got my walk in.......I had to get rid of the stress I was carrying. Last nite my students were awful- or should I say just the ones that I had to write up 2 weeks ago. Now thier moms have declared war on me (sort of a toxic stop, if you know what I mean) and wrote a letter to the Dept of Transportation of my district complaining about the route, and a wee bit, me. So their wonderful cherubs now think they are immune because mommy(s)- all 4 of them, signed this letter and can do whatever they want.....scream, get out of their seats......whatever. Sorry, I just had to vent......one good thing- my supervisor wrote a brilliant rebuttal to the letter, and totally supported me. For that I am so thankful. Got another meeting this am to discuss my route, and I will hopefully get some good ideas on coping with these critters then.Gotta go- Have a great day!
Ginny