Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Looking back on the last week, how many days can you claim were cheat free for you?
0 3 13.64%
1 2 9.09%
2 0 0%
3 1 4.55%
4 6 27.27%
5 2 9.09%
6 2 9.09%
7 4 18.18%
Just starting today 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 06:05 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 3/22-3/28

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...743#post544743

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 03-22-2004, 06:08 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today-both very good

DETERMINED PURPOSE

Determination can take what's impossible and make it happen. Determination can transform obstacles into accomplishments.

To move ahead with determination, you don't need any special skills or training. All you need is a reason, a reason that, from your perspective, cannot be denied.

Somewhere within your life you have that reason. Somewhere within you, you know that purpose.

It may stay hidden for many years, and then suddenly come to the surface in response to a difficult situation. Or that purpose may start out as a small idea and grow stronger each day until it soon becomes undeniable.

Rock solid determination comes when you look past the concerns and distractions of the moment. The power of determination comes when you think and act from a sense of real, meaningful purpose.

There is most certainly a purpose you are yearning to fulfill. Find it, know it, follow it, and you can change the world.

-- Ralph Marston

YOUR DREAMS

The things that hold you back are finite and limited, yet the dreams that push you forward have no such limits. No matter how formidable the problem may be, you can always find an even stronger reason to move resolutely ahead.

In fact, when the obstacles seem too great, too daunting, that's the time to reach even higher. Make your dreams bigger and more compelling than your difficulties.

It is never unreasonable to expect the best of yourself. For the greatest achievements are reached when you have a real and meaningful reason to reach them.

There are countless possibilities available to you at this very moment. Choose to follow the ones that enliven your spirit, spark your imagination, and inspire your heart.

Dream big dreams, ones that truly mean something to you. Let yourself be filled with their positive, infectious energy. Then delight in the journey as you follow the steps that will make them come true.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 03-22-2004, 09:04 AM   #3  

Talking

Im eating a 2 egg ham and cheese omelet and 3 strawberries for breakfast O/P is me!!!!
Im going to drink my water and exercise today no matter what!!!!
Thank you Monet for the arse chewing. I know i can do this, i want this. I am my only sabitage. So.. I am recomitting once again. I not sure what is worse, the scale when im off plan or coming here to confess. Thanks again.

Valerie
Old 03-22-2004, 09:32 AM   #4  

Hi All

Will be on tomorrow, that is unless something comes up, like today. I have to run to my Grandfathers house, that my parents bought, that they've sold now to see if there's anything I want to bring home to sell at my next garage sale before they come tomorrow to pick up the donations. Not on my agenda today, but may be worthwhile, or at least hopefully - have no idea where I'll put whatever crap I bring home, but better not be in the house, it's bad enough.

{{{HUGS}}}

Deb
Old 03-22-2004, 10:09 AM   #5  

Good Monday Morning:

Monet: Happy Belated Birthday!!! I only skimmed posts on the weekend and didn't have time to post. I hope your day was special .

It's that time of month for me, and I'm really trying to figure out why I need to eat more during this time. Do I "think" I need it or is my body craving something it needs. I was down to 120# last Wed., and I was pretty good on Saturday, but yesterday, I felt like I had to eat all day long, and although most of it was OP, I ate a lot more than I know I really should have. We had hot dogs last night, and although the buns were legal, I ate two of them...I usually only have one. I was up to 122.5 this morning. I will jump back OP this week, but don't know how much exercise I'll get in. Britt is off school on Thurs & Fri, and I will be missing Sat, since we are having Britt's b-day party. I really have the mind-set, that it has to be all or none, and that's terrible. I have to know that it is MORE important to eat right when I can't get to the gym, instead of less.

The board is so slow; we've lost so many people over the months. I can't believe that there were only 5 pages of posts for a full week last week....that is really sad. I really think the more participation, the better for all of us!! It helps keep everyone encouraged.

Wood: Try not to get discouraged! Keep up the great work on eating and exercising, and you will eventually see those numbers go down. Sometimes, you get locked in on a number, and then eventually you'll get a whoosh, and drop a few. You may be losing inches and not showing it on the scales. It is a very tough concept to accept, but remember the less you eat, the more your body hangs on to. Make sure you are eating enough during the day.

Sef: Sounds like a fun & successful day! I hope you recover soon from all the hard work. Good luck with MRI results; please let us know.

Beth: You did great while you were away. I'm getting the itch to get some Spring Cleaning done too.

heart: Hang in there. I think we ALL need to find a way to make it through the damn weekends. We should make it a challenge for someone to find an enticing way for us to make it through the weekends cheat free. I am so good and dedicated through the week, only to fall off most weekends.

Monet: Thanks for the reminder; I think we all need that from time to time.

The board seems so down lately, and I think we should try to liven/cheer it up a bit. Everyone, look at all the good and wonderful things you have in your life and be thankful for those things. Remember, you have to love yourself before you can love anyone else! I don't know what to do, but I really hope everyone cheers up soon, and can get over these hard times, and move into more positive places. Hang in there everyone, we are all in this together!!!

Have a great day.

Take care,
Nat
Old 03-22-2004, 11:06 AM   #6  

Hi all,

I'm sitting here trying to finish off this 64oz water jug before lunch time. I figure that if I can get it in, then any I can drink after lunch is just that much better!!

The board is really slow... sounds like all of us are struggling right now. I know that I am, but doing my very best to get (and stay) motivated. My youngest heard an LA weight loss ad on the radio this morning and told me that I needed to join that group - what an eyeopener from a 6 year old... I just looked at him and asked why and he just smiled at me. I wanted to cry

Beth - does your DH work at a dealership around here? Just curious. You let me know when you want to do lunch and I'll be there!

Guess I'll run - Ya'll be good
tv
Old 03-22-2004, 11:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday morning Ladies

I hope everyone is ready to get back on track today and kick those blues to the curb. I know I am. Monet is so right.

My weekend was lazy. Didn't do much of anything but lay on the couch and watch BB. So sad my Cats are out of it.

I am so ready to get back to eating right and getting back into my walking. It is cold here today, but supposed to start warming up the rest of the week. Dr says no exercising except for walking for a coupel more weeks.

Lets all try to stay OP this week and maybe post each day ifyou are successful or not. We need to get this board going and being positive.

VMoore, I'm with you 100% on the recommiting today. We CAN do this.

Deb, have a great day, I'm sure you will find some treasures..

Pancho, I honestly believe we "think" we need soemthing during TOM not really need it. I guess we have to change that mindset. I too am concerned with the participation on the board. I know people are busy, but it really helps not only ourselves but each other to get on here, even just to say hi. Hope it increases.

TV, they say "out of the mouth of babes". LA WL is the same as SB but monitored and costly. I bet he will notice you losing before long.

Monet, thanks for the arse kicking. Iknow 'm afraid of you. So glad you are back posting again. I missed you.

Missy. Ok this is you and me holding hands. Don't let go and I won't either. We are going to do this together. One day at a time. All this self pity and turning to food is not helping either one of us. Let's make a pact and do it> Plus I'm afraid of Monet. Believe me the next time I'm in No, we WILL get tanked.

Anyone heard from Yellow Rose? Her longhorns are doing great

Have a great OP Day!

Jackie
Old 03-22-2004, 12:29 PM   #8  

Wink

Im here eating my OP lunch I havent exercised yet but have gotten in some of my water.
I agree with yall, lets get to posting!!!!! We all need each other.

later
Valerie
Old 03-22-2004, 12:57 PM   #9  

Hello all:

I am new to all of this, so bare with me. First I wanted to say that I think Sugar Busters is wonderful. I have been an Atkin's girl most of my life, in fact my dad and I started doing Atkins in the early 80's. I have had great success with Atkins until becoming pregnant and having to add carbs back to my way of eating. I had my baby 2 years ago and I have been putting off going back on Atkins just for the plain and simple fact that it is boring! Sugar Busters offers me healthy alternatives to the food I love. Anyway I was just wondering how much weight I can expect to lose if I stick to it and don't cheat, which I don't normally do. I am concerned that I gained a pound from eating a small sweet potato with a steak and a salad. Is this normal?

Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday.

Lara
Old 03-22-2004, 01:32 PM   #10  

Just to show everyone (and myself) that im doing good today, i just finished my exercises!!

Lara- Welcome!!!!!! Yes sb is easier to live with and less boring than atkins. Ive lost 20lbs so far. Im not the best one to ask since im still in the on plan off plan stage of my life. There are some here who have lost 100+ lbs. I dont think the lb came from the sweet potato, probably just a weight fluxuation form water or salty food.

Ill check back later!!

Valerie
Old 03-22-2004, 04:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Hi Ladies,

Well I made it all day today, considering I got here at 9:30 due to Dr appt. But at least I stayed until 5:00.

So far so good. 100% op. Dinner is pork chop so that should be good too. Going to walk and fix dinner and then veg out the rest of the night.

VMoore, WTG, still OP and exercising. We are doing it.

Sexyredhead, Welcome, SB is so doable. This is a great board too. It depends on how much wt you have to lose on how quick you will lose it. No you won't gain from eating a sp with your steak. Enjoy your ww bread too. Just try to stay at 2 or 3 starchy carbs a day. Good luck and Welcome.

Hope everyone is having a good day and evening.

Jackie
Old 03-22-2004, 05:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Alright, alright..I'm being a little more rational today. I can't believe how swollen I am today. My eyes are little slits, even Ashley was like "Man, Mom your face is swollen." And yes, I hopped on the scale to see and face the damage I did this weekend. I almost fainted I'm still in shock and disbelief, but there it is in bright red numbers...175 Gee whiz, I was just 167 Friday morning! Nothing to do now but recommit and get it off. I'm doing "okay" today, but not as good as I would like. But OP. I got my 4 mile WATP tape done. I didn't sweat as much as I usually do, so that means that I'm really hanging on to some water. I've been drinking water today, but I've only peed 2 times. So it's going to take a couple days to start flushing it out. For supper, I'm having hamburgers(no bun) and salad.

MONET- The thing is, I don't buy the crap. But it's not like I was forced to eat it. Sunday was planned though. Barbecue- potato salad, beans, etc..BUT the amount I ate along with all the cake and ice cream I had was not planned. My thing is quanity. I get a little taste of a "no-no" food, and I go hogwild I know it wouldn't be near as bad today if I had stuck to 1 plate and 1 piece of cake. But nooo, I had to eat enough for several people. I think that I have learned my lesson this time about portions on illegal food. This is going to take a couple weeks to get off, definetly not worth it.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:05 PM   #13  
Bustin' Buddy

Hello Ladies!

I'm happy to report that I was OP all day today! woohoo! I'm sorry that I've been one of the downers in here - that's very unlike me! I'm going to stop dumping my problems on y'all and try to be more upbeat like I normally am!

Over the weekend I found out that one of the students in my class has the chicken pox - and I have never had them! GOODIE! I hope that I'm one of the people that is immune to them. I'm going to the doctor on Wed. so I'll ask if I can do that blood test to see if I am. If I do get them it will be around the same time that I'm supposed to start my fertility injections! UGH! That will ruin everything for that month! So, I'll see what the doctor says.

JACK-K: I'm back to my old self! I think I might be scared of MONET too! HAHA!

MONET: OK - I'm gonna get my butt in gear! PUUULLLEEEEZE don't come here and kick me! HA! HAPPY BELATED B-DAY!

FILLISE: Thanks again for the PM - you are a great friend!

YELLOW: Where are ya?

PANCHO: I'm going to do my best to be here more often and be more positive! We do need to get this board back up and crankin!

TV: Aren't those 6 year olds just precious? TURDS! HAHA! I have 19 of them with me all day long! They are so damn honest - it sucks! HAHA!

Ok - see you all tomorrow!!

Missy
Old 03-22-2004, 06:09 PM   #14  

Greetings...

The weekend was not all I had hoped...a pipe broke in the garage by the hot water heater on Saturday morning and it took my poor hubby until Sunday afternoon to get it fixed. Its very difficult to join polybutylene and copper pipes, and he was ready to tear his hair out.

Went to Curves this morning. My MIL is here to get a car...yay! Been an angel after a weekend of eating bits and pieces here and there off program. We all need an arse kicking now and then... I sure hope everyone sticks with it this week!

Old 03-22-2004, 06:36 PM   #15  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Default Happy Monday :)

Howdy everyone! It's Monday, but it's also Thursday for me since I'm taking Weds - Sun off this week for a little R-N-R with the family! Every year my dad sends us somewhere for my B'day and this year I think we're just heading up to the mountains in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for a little away time. Race season starts at the track the same weekend, and DH is a driver, so we couldn't go tooooo far.

I'm not answering the poll question until I get an opinion on something... Is it CHEATING if you made a food choice of the "most" legal thing in a room full of NOTHING legal? I posted on the other thread about our "Free Continental Breakfast" at the hotel we stayed in Friday night. Breakfast choices were danishes, bagels, donuts, cereal, waffles... and some fruit in pineapple juice. It was a tropical mixture from a can that was mango, pineapple, pear and banana, and I did eat a few of the pieces of pineapple and banana as well as the mango and pear. I ate approximately a TOTAL of one CUP full, and that was all. So... the verdict? Is it a cheat, or was it a good choice? Other than that, I've been STRICTLY OP since re-committing on Feb. 15th!!! I'm so incredibly proud of myself. I do eat too many starchy carbs, or too much of the sugar free chocolate and stuff, but hey... I eat LEGAL things instead of french fries which I was eating by the Super Size carton just 2 months ago!

TV - YES, he works for Century BMW at University Dr./Jordan Ln... They have Buick, Isuzu, Land Rover, Volvo, Jaguar, AND BMW all there... it's really call Century Automotive Group. BUT - each dealership has it's own building and it's own shop... so they aren't really in contact with anyone except the people they work with in that particular make of car. ALSO - about the comment from your 6 year old... my 7 year old was laying on the bed and I had made a comment about being fat, he said "That's ok mommy, so is Daddy!" I was ROFLMAOOOOOO since DH only weighs 175 at 6'1 and wears a 34 x 34 pants... he's a slim thing! Nice to know I compare to that!

heartmom - My splurge lasted almost a YEAR! By the time I was done cheating I had gained back MORE than I had lost in the 8 months OP!!! Just be glad you're rational after a couple of days, and don't have much damage to undo!!! YOU CAN DO IT!

vmoore - when I came back to SB you told me I COULD DO IT... well, girl, SO CAN YOU!!! And you better hop to it or I'll have to give you an online butt kicking too!!!
Closed Thread