Old 03-19-2004, 11:07 AM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #138

Welcome to a thread full of laughter, friendhship and support devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families. We strive to win the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better!
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:09 AM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Just thought I would start a new thread......maybe I can keep up with this one!!! I did leave a short post at the end of the last thread with my MIA activities. Have a great day!

Ginny
Old 03-19-2004, 12:36 PM   #3  
soontobethin

Good morning,
Spryng and Candy, cograts on your losses. My WI this morning showed a 1 lb loss, but thats better than nothing. I have gotten so many compliments on how good I am starting to look this week.
I was MIA yesterday, because I had too many things to do. We had a MOMS club business meeting, and I had to go to it. Then I had to go pay property tax, and get my youngest ds birth certificate at the the heatlh department. I then went into springfield and filled out an application for the tanning salon Then we had to go pick up dh from work, since we only have one car, and then went to Sam's club to get some stuff. Got home and had to return phone calls from people. I never get calls when I am at home, but the minute I leave, everyone calls. By the time I got the boys showered and in bed it was late and hubby was looking at stuff on ebay.
Spryng, enjoy the weekend with your husband. That is the only thing I remember from the last thread. Hi to everyone, and enjoy the weekend.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 01:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone!

Ginny: Thanks for opening up a new thread and also for stopping in for a visit. I've been wondering on how you are doing and it's great to get an update! I'm doing okay, feeling fat as usual. I sure wish that my incentive from a few years back would kick in again. My 25th class reunion is this summer, so I suppose that should be enough to get me kick-started! Ricci, sounds like you are doing a fantastic job on your weightloss. It always helps when someone notices our accompishment also, keep up the good work! It sounds like you were one busy woman yesterday. Are you going to slow down for the weekend? Well, I've gotta scoot! TTFN!!
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 01:27 PM   #5  

Down 1.5 pounds this morning, but it does not make up the 2 pound gain last week. 6/7 workouts this week, 4.5/7 tracking days, 2/7 late night, not too good on that one.

I had a night out with the MOMS group last night. We had Mexican and did not overindulge, but I had a chicken queso and some chips. They paid for my meal as all of them were drinking and not me with nursing. BTW, this group has been together for 5-6 years and there children are all that age. They have to toddler group, but I would not say JW is a toddler yet. They have tons of activites, so I might start with walking him in the park next week. They were very welcoming. I was about to leave, started at 630, no one showed up until 700 and the first girl I met was a snot. It got much better and I think I will stick with it for awhile. I did not find out about dues and all yet.

Spryng - Wow! You did it. Congrats! You better stick around to make sure all of us meet goal.

Candy - Great job with the big 20. I bet you dh is enjoying that.

Ginny - I hope your dd is getting better. More snow. You need to visit down south. It is 80 here. My grandparents celebrated 60 in Nov. It is beautiful to see b/c they are still so in love with each other.

Ricci - I need to look into the birth certificate. I do not know where to pick it up. Candy, where did you get your kids. Good luck with the job app, if that is what you really want to do.

Penny - JW is all over the place. He still is not fast, so at least I can control him. I am with you on the job changes. My dh sold his business the end of Jan, started a completing new bus. in Feb. When I would worry, I would eat. Trying to control more of it now, he is so happy with his new bus. venture though so things do get better.

Happy Weekend! We have a wedding tomorrow evening and JW is going to spend the night with my parents for the first time. He sleeps thru the night, so he should be fine. Sunday, my dh is going to the race in Darlington. It should be easier to stay on program since he will be out Sunday. We usually go to a Sunday brunch after church and we end up skipping lunch then I am so hungry for dinner and overeat. Hope to break that habit.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 01:44 PM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Ginny,
I tell ya you been a busy bee!!!! How is dd doing?

Ricci,
You were also busy yesterday! Let us know how the app goes at the tanning salon! Congrats Congrats on the weight loss!! I know the compliments always help keep me on track

Freckles,
When is the reunion. I didn't go to mine last year because I have gained alot of weight. Stupid I know but I didn't want to be embrassed. Besides the fact I was eight months pregnant I hope you get your movitation back! We are all here to help you!

Melinda,
I forgot in a previous post to tell you, I am 45 minutes in between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Congrats Congrats on the Weight Loss You are on the right track!!!! Congrats to JW for be mobile!!! Glad you enjoyed the MOMS group!!! I know you are still nursing. Do you pump or express? I hope JW has a great time with your mom!!! Andrew refuses to take a bottle so he is attached 24/7

I am hoping to be at chat today if anyone wants to join me!
Hunter didn't go to school today so I don't have to leave this afternoon.

Talk to you soon
Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 01:48 PM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Just wanted to say CONGRATS CONGRATS TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!

WE HAD ALOT OF "LOSERS" THIS WEEK!!!!!!!

My scale is already down 1.5 pounds from yesterday, so maybe it was not as bad as I thought!!! I am back on plan today and have not strayed!!!!!!

Old 03-19-2004, 03:04 PM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Bummer!!!! Just hit the wrong key and lost my post. Congrats to all you losers- this was, for most a great week on the scale.

Jackie- can we inspire each other????? I have a class reunion this fall- am undecided as to whether or not I want to go and might not be able to with kids schedules.....but it sure would nice to be at goal by then!!!!! Glad you could check in and say hello.

Melinda, Penny and Ricci- sounds like you had great WIs. I am happy for all of you.
Spryng- hope Dh's homecoming is great.

On to the continuing saga of my messy house. See ya later!
Ginny
Old 03-19-2004, 03:18 PM   #9  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

I'm in chat if anyone wants to come
Old 03-19-2004, 05:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello all!
Dh should be home in about an hour. I've been running most of the day. I get so anxious the day he is suppose to come home that I drive myself crazy sticking around the house. So I went shopping, out to eat (already started on my flexpoints) and then took the kids to the park for about 2 hours. And I got exercise in!!! I walked for about 30 min, and ran some too... the kids raced me, it was fun. Tanner loves his stroller. The weather is so perfect today, almost warm enough to turn on my air conditioner.. but not quite. It hit 78 degrees today!!! We were only suppose to get 70 degrees, but I am not complaining. Too bad it won't stick around though, suppose to cool off tomorrow.
Ginny thanks for starting the new thread! And I hope you got some cleaning in... I've been doing a little in the past hour. Not enough though.
Penny, I knew you would get that gain off in no time. Hang in there and you'll be right back on track.
Melinda, congrats on the 1.5 lbs loss! I know it wasn't the total two lbs you gained last week but that last .5 lb will be gone in no time. Glad you enjoyed your moms group! When do you meet again?
Jackie! So glad you posted with us! I really hope we can inspire you to get back on track or at least post with us more often, we sure miss you!
Ricci, I hope you hear something from that salon soon! It would be convenient for you. And congrats on the loss!! You are doing fantastic!
Well, I guess I should get off of here. Don't know if I will get a chance to post again tonight but if not I will see you tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 07:45 PM   #11  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

Candy, I think I forgot to answer your questions earlier . I was so excited about all the great WI numbers!! The boys are doing fine...they did pretty good at the store...it was hotter than..heck..in there today and of course I got in the slowest line but I wanted a bagger since I had the kids so I couldn't go to another line But they hung in there and were great. Tony only had to be in his own little room for 3 days and then he was back in with Will. If he wakes up he falls right back to sleep within like 30 seconds or so. Thanks for asking

Penny, did anyone join you in the chat? I wasn't home in time...sorry. Are things getting any better stress wise? Glad your WI wasn't horrible and that you're back OP.

Ginny, glad you stopped by...quite alot for you Maybe you had a tid bit of free time today? You can come clean my messy house too Actually I vac'd and dusted today...amazing what a difference that makes. One of these days I'm going to take a picture of this basement for you...OMG there are hot wheels all over the floor on top of 50 million other toys At least they're letting me post right now!! Almost Tony's bed time so I'm surprised.

Just got a phone call so I'll finish in a bit!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:11 PM   #12  
Movin' to the Country!

Geri, wow, 3 days!!! That is great!!! Are you getting more sleep now? I know Melinda and I joined Penny for a chat today. I didn't get to stay too long though since dd woke up early from her nap. Oh well!!!

Ginny, so good to hear from you. I was starting to get a little worried since the last time we heard from you was before you were due for snow. Anyhows, hope everything goes well this weekend for you and hope things will work out for dd. Sounds like an awful lot for a little kid to go through.

Jackie, nice to hear from you!!! What year reunion would this be for you? We just went to my dh's 10 year last year and it was nice. I didn't weigh what I wanted to but nobody knew me so it didn't really matter!!! I didn't make it to mine as we had something going on that weekend that couldn't be rescheduled. I was a real socialite in school anyways so it bother me too bad! Anyhows, looking forward to hearing from you more often!!!

Ricci, have you heard anything from the salon? What hours are you interested in working? Congrats on your loss!!! What size are you in now?

Spryng, how's it looking for DH working on the laundry room this weekend? Hope ya'll have a productive weekend and get it to a point where you can start painting.

Melinda, so tell us more about the MOMs group. You met Thursday night for dinner, right? What else do they do? I know you mentioned walks at the park or something, right? Congrats on you loss!!! When you leave JW overnight will you pump and leave bottles or will he drink formula? Sean was 13 months the first time I left him so I didn't have to worry about it too much. When I would leave him for an evening, I would pump and leave a bottle just in case although he would take formula in an emergency.

Penny, I kinda came in the middle of what you were saying, but you were going to a fair tonight? How did it go? What did you do? Did you end up having Subway for dinner? I used to love their steak and cheese. That was the last thing I had when I couldn't eat for 2 days before my colonscopy.

Well, we had tacos for dinner. Yum. I came across this stuff in a tube that said Soy Taco. It looks just like the meat in a taco bell taco and tastes very similar. It is already seasoned and everything. I bought the kids these little mini taco shells. They were so cute (the taco shells). Anyhows, I ate too much and am stuffed right now. There goes my 4lbs for the week!!! I'll do better tomorrow! Oh and I had to change my Sea World trip to May 6-9 so that gives me 2 extra weeks to get into shape. Well, Looney Toons new movie came today (Netflix) so we are gonna go watch it. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Last edited by candybar74; 03-19-2004 at 08:15 PM.
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 09:47 PM   #13  
2BoysMom

I'm back!

Let's see....

Ricci, congrats on the loss and good luck on the tanning job!! Hope you get some time to relax this weekend.

Melinda, glad you ended up having a good time and they weren't all snotty . I hope you have fun with them. Glad to hear you got rid of 1.5#!! I agree that the other .5 will come off if you stay OP. That eating at night is a killer!! Hope you do well away from JW for the night but if he's with your parents then you can relax and enjoy the wedding. Can you have a salad or something else lo-cal inbetween your Sunday brunch and dinner to curb the hunger? I have a morning and afternoon snack (a milk and a fruit) everyday and it really helps not to be starving to death when dinner hits.

Hi Jackie...nice to hear from you again...your 25th huh? Mine will be here in 2006 so I have no excuse to not be ready . I missed my 20th 'cause we were on vacation in FL. Went to Dh's and it was fun.

Spryng, 78! I gotta move south!! Dh would do it in a heartbeat . I won't leave my family and friends. Anyway...I would settle for 58!! I thought it was nice today when we went grocery shopping so after I got everything put away I got the kids bundled up again and we went outside. The wind was so darn cold that we made one trip around the block and back inside for me and Tony. At least Dh just got home so Will could hang around outside with him. I feel so housebound lately. Spring hits officially tonight so it better get warmer darn it!! I'm going to have to bring the boys down by you for a week or so if it doesnt' warm up soon!!

Well I hope I didn't forget anyone betw the 2 posts...I want to catch the new ABC show at 9 and I have a couple things to clean up quick.... have a great Friday night and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:02 PM   #14  

I'm just going to do another quickie post today. Alex had his hernia surgery this morning and everything is fine. He is VERY grouchy though! Dh has the stomach virus or something and he has been home for the last two wks. It's been great but has not left me much time to post. He leaves Sunday-Thurs so I will be back regular this week! I hope ya'll have a great weekend and I hope to be joining this great group of LOSERS again soon! Congrats on the loss!!
A&A's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 01:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi!

I was surpised by all the replies since I last posted! I'm glad that I've been missed, it makes me feel special! My 25 year HS reunion is the 2nd weekend in July. So.....I have less than 4 months to lose some weight! I lost 30# in 4.5 months when I had a trip planned for Hawaii, so lets see if I can at least lose 25# in 4 months. PLEASE HELP ME GALS!! Andrea: Glad to hear that Alex's surgery went well & I sure hope that your dh is feeling much better! Ginny: I'm in on inspiring one another!
Well gals, I'm getting kinda tired, so I'll close for now. Good Night!
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote