Old 03-17-2004, 11:59 AM   #1  
soontobethin

Default stay at home moms #137

Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better!
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 12:06 PM   #2  
soontobethin

Good morning everyone.
Happy St. Patricks day. My grandma's last name is McGhee, so I'm thinking I have some Irish in my blood. Sounds like everyone is having a good day.
Two days ago I did a 45 min weight video using 5 lb weights, and I am so sore. I got my aerobics in yesterday, and just finished pilates. I hope every one gets in some sort of exercise today.
There isn't really much going on here. Its supposed to be nice today, so I am taking the boys outside later. I need to do a little housework, but not bad. I don't remember who said to use the Mr. clean eraser on the shower, but I used it on dh's shower, it is ten times better than what it was. I have a cell phone with 400 monthly minutes. I share with my mom too, but we don't use them all. Speaking of tanning, they are going to open a tanning salon in the strip mall right in front of me, so I am thinking about going and applying there to work evenings. I think that would be great. But they are probaly looking for some cute teenage girls to work there. I will check back in later.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 12:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

It's me again!! lol
Thanks Ricci for starting the new thread! You do so well on your exercise! Do you workout before anyone gets up? or are you able to exercise during the day? I haven't got in any workouts this week at all. I really need to get some pilates in. The ladies that run the tanning salon here are anything but perky teenagers, lol. They are mid forties and do not tan themselves. So I don't think you will have a problem getting hired if that is what you want to do.
Melinda, how long did it take for you to get darker? Were you tanning nude and maybe just couldn't see the changes since it was all over? I used a sticker last night. Is your grandma anxious to meet your baby?? I hope you get a good visit in. Why does she live here half the year and there the other half?
Well my laundry room is about finished!! Only two more loads of laundry to do and then I'm done with that part and I'm almost done cleaning it. It's been hard work. The tops of my washer and dryer were catch alls. I had tons of things piled on them and everything else. But it's looking great. Can't wait to get started saturday!!
I guess I will get off here and start thinking about lunch. What is everyone else having for lunch? I ran out of lean cuisines and I'm tired of grilled cheese, plus I ran out of sliced cheese yesterday. Today may be a veggie day for lunch. I really need to go shopping again.
OK, got to go! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 01:00 PM   #4  
2BoysMom

Hi Ricci,

Thanks for starting the new thread! I thought about it, but once you do you can't scroll down to see what everyone said! I'm too dumb to remember sometimes lol.
Great going on your exercising! Awsome!

Melinda...you've been very busy lately with visitors! I assume your grandma is your mom's mom and she speaks vietnamese so you have a translator? Can't imagine spliting where I live...especially at 85!

Spryng, I called US cellular just to check and I can call ld anytime...it just counts against my 400 minutes. They only charge more if I don't call from within my calling area...I'm rarely outside of that so no problem. Hey, you haven't been keeping up with the exercise challenge that you started???? Shame on me for not noticing!! I try to get it in in the morning if the kids will let me. By the time they go to bed I'm usually tired and just want to relax. This morning I was trying to do the 4 mile walk but it was alittle more aerobic than her 3 mi walk...I did 2.5 miles and am going to try to get on the balance ball tonight. We shall see.

Lunch...maybe tuna and a salad or some veggies. Should decide soon since it's noon . Better go make lunch for the boys.

TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 01:10 PM   #5  
Movin' to the Country!

Hey all. Just a quickie as my ENT appt is in an hour and I've can't remember hardly anything from the last thread anyhows. Spryng, congrats on getting the laundry room almost done! You'll have to post a picture once you get your base tan.
Melinda, hope you have a nice visit w/Gma. If you don't get a workout today, I'm sure you'll get one in tomorrow! Geri, glad you are having fun with the new phone. My dad has some plan where he has a bunch of phones and I just give them $15/month towards mine. My dh has Nextel for work. I would love to have one of those so I could beep him whenever I wanted to but for that very reason he doesn't want me to have one!!! Plus they are expensive. Ginny, lots of snow up there? Penny, you ready to get on plan yet? Maybe you need 1/2 dozen donuts! That always seemed to put me in the mood to get op! Ha,ha Ricci, I think the tanning salon would be a great work idea. Do you like to tan? I am fair and gave up some years ago. I get a little tan from working in the yard but I will never be dark. My dh says I'm creamy!

My trip to the cabinet place went ok. They said they are never cheaper than Lowe's so I am curious to see what their estimate will be. I guess they will fax it when they are done. Lowe's does it with you right there so you have the estimate when you leave. Difference between a chain and a custom builder I guess.

Well, I'm off to the ENT. Hope he can fix me up. Sean and Ky are going with me so this should be interesting. Sean has already informed me that he is going to ask the dr if he can look in my ear and he knows how to respond to whatever answer he gets. I sure hope they behave. It is at 2:30pm which is right smack dab in the middle of Ky's naptime so I'm a little worried about that. I'll let you know. I'm going to try a juice diet the next couple of days. We'll see if I make it. I need something to jumpstart my weightloss again and juice always makes me feel full anyways. I'm still eating fruit until noon so I'll still be getting in some chewing. We'll see how it goes. TTYL!!!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 02:52 PM   #6  
2BoysMom

I'm going to the chatroom if anyone wants to join me.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:59 PM   #7  

Geri - Great chat! JW is down again.

Spryng - It took me about a 3 weeks to notice the change.It must be my skin. My sister tans much easier. I tanned with a two piece. Too worried about burning, if you know what I mean. The stand up beds are the best.

Ricci - I bought the clean eraser b/c it was practically free with coupons. Haven't used to yet. I'll try it since everyone is having good results.

My grandma has family in Vietnam, so that is why she stays in both places. I did not meet her until I was 14. My mom had not seen her in 15 years at that time. She came here after the war, met my dad in Vietnam, came here to get married. Really a beautiful love story. She was so excited to see JW and he smiled and cooed at her. We had to come home for him to get a nap. But she is getting over jetlag.

With the chat room made me stop my temptations to eat that hour. I am drinking water now. It is nice outside so I think I will take JW out when he wakes. It is in the 70's should I start putting sunscreen on him. I have not thought much about that.

Happy Wednesday and No Late Night Eating.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 04:39 PM   #8  

Good afternoon all!
I am so sorry I missed chat again. I was napping. I was fine all morning and then once noon hit and I sat down my energy left me fast. While I was rocking Tanner to sleep i could barely keep my eyes open. I don't know what is wrong with me, I sleep fine at night and have been getting in bed by 10 pm, so who knows.
Melinda, I know what you mean about being scared to tan nude. I was too but haven't burned so far since I'm starting out really slow. And that is one thing I hate about tanning during the summer.... TAN LINES. lol. So glad your grandma enjoyed meeting your son! How neat.
Candy, I really hope your ENT visit went well and you got some good news. Has your ear felt any better the last couple of days? Andyour advice to Penny hit home, I used to do the same thing to get me OP, not with donuts but just with alot of high fat/calorie foods. I would gorge myself and then be so miserable I would get back OP the next day with no problems, Brought back memories. I could never do a juice diet. I don't like juice or many fruits so it wouldn't work for me. Let us know how it goes for you.
Geri, you are right, I haven't been doing great on my own exercise challenge, lol. I'm like you though, I can't get up earlier than I do to exercise, the kids own't let me exercise while they are up and playing and by the time they go to bed lately I have no energy and just want to sleep. Pathetic excuses I know... but I'm going to try harder. I will get something in tonight.
I didn't get any lunch in today. Tanner went down for his nap at 12:20 pm and like I said before I was so tired I went straight to bed! But now I am hungry but not sure what I want to do. Since I have 16 pts to use I really want subway, I can get a footlong sub with baked chips for 13 pts. Sounds so good right now.
Hey, don't forget Survivor is on tonight instead of tomorrow night! Got to go!
Old 03-17-2004, 05:01 PM   #9  
Movin' to the Country!

Hey! Just got back from the ENT. Nightmare. I took the kids and we all got to see inside me ear because they used this little camera thingy and there was a tv on the wall and on the ceiling. Anyhows, after the PA came in to look, he sent me to have pressure checked. Then we waited and waited and waited. Apparently someone was having a nose bleed emergency. Then the dr came in and sucked out some wax and sent me to have pressure checked again and have my hearing checked. Then he looked again and sucked out some more stuff and said I had 2 choices. Take some steriods and hope it clears up or let him slit it open and drain it out. If the steriods didn't work, that would be option 2. I went for the cut so they actually cut twice and it hurt like the dickens and they sucked out a bunch of stuff and I still can't hear and I'm in terrible pain. Ugh!!! Anyhows, hope this will fix it up. He said it is not infected anymore, just swollen. So, I still have to take some steriods and use some ear drops and go back in 10 days to make sure the cut healed properly. The kids were so good considering we were there over 2 hours. Kylie wasn't listening too good by the last 1/2 hour but she should have been down for a nap at 2pm so I could hardly blame her. Glad it is over and I will not do that again. Anyhows, sorry not to get personal but I have got to go lay down. TTYL!!!
Old 03-17-2004, 07:04 PM   #10  
2BoysMom

Hi again,

Melinda...it was a fun chat and yes, it keeps us from eating doesn't it!

Candy...gosh I sure hope the ENT fixed your ear...WHAT NEXT??

Spryng...I'm so happy for the reminder about Survivor...it's probably on at the same time as Idol so I'll have to flip back and forth! I won't call you tonight 'cause I want you to get your exercise in . Most likely tomorrow 'cause Dh comes in on Friday right??

Hi Ricci, Ginny, Penny everyone else out there! Penny...you better get here and post even if you're not back OP! We still want to hear from you!!

TTYL
Old 03-17-2004, 08:00 PM   #11  

Hello!
Candy, I don't know how you do it!! What did they cut open? Your eardrum??? How long will it take for the swelling to go down? I feel so bad for you. I hope it finally heals up. You sure deserve a break.
Geri, survivor is on at 7 pm and idol starts at 7:30, so you'll get at leat 30 min of survivor And I did get 10 min of my pilates in. I wanted to do more but the kids came in from the backyard and Tanner decided I was a human target and jkept lunging on me. O-well... I do promise to get the other 20 min in tonight. And you can still call me, or do you want me to call you when I am done working out? What time do your boys go down? And yes, Dh will be home friday night so friday through sun night is not a good time to call, he likes my undivided attention, lol.
Well, ended up having McD's for dinner. But all within my pts and it was very good. Got 7 min of tanning in and hopefully I can start to see something by tomorrow. Well, survivor is starting, TTYL!
Old 03-17-2004, 09:01 PM   #12  
2BoysMom

Spryng, Tony's down now and Will should be down by 8:30. Why don't you give me a call when you're done! I know what that human target feels like!
I'll call you the next time around
Old 03-17-2004, 09:39 PM   #13  

OK, I sure will Geri!! Expecy my call around 9:30 or so. I'm going to work on Tanner now and see if he is ready to go down. Talk to you very soon!! I'm so excited!
Old 03-18-2004, 08:58 AM   #14  
Movin' to the Country!

So, how did the call go, gals? I am still in quite a bit of pain. Yes, Spryng, he put a slice or 2 in the eardrum to drain the fluid. I just layed on the couch all night as it drained. It is still draining. Really gross!!! He didn't tell me it would hurt this bad but maybe he didn't know. Oh well, at least that fluid is getting out. I still can't hear too well but I am hoping that will improve as more fluid comes out.

Since I know I am not infected anymore, I'm gonna try to start exercising again. We'll see how it goes. I may wait until tomorrow. I tried my juice thingy yesterday but I ended up having clam chowder for dinner. Spryng, the juice I drink is nothing like you would buy at the store. I only drink fresh squeezed. Yesterday for lunch I had carrot/celery/spinach/pear. I know it sounds gross but it actually tastes good. You don't taste the spinach at all and it really just tastes sweet. It is very filling and I found out that the celery is actually an appetite suppressant which explains why I was having problems remembering to eat dinner when I was drinking it around 5pm. Anyhows, I always have a smoothie for breakfast so I may just try juicing at lunch and doing a regular dinner and see how that helps with the weight loss. I want to look half way decent for Sea World and that is only 1 month away!!! Ok, well, I'm gonna try and get a little work done since I didn't work last night! Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 03-18-2004, 09:42 AM   #15  

Good morning all!
Geri, I really loved talking to you last night! I hope you got some sleep and the boys didn't get up too early for you.
Candy, are you taking something for the pain? I hope today is a better day for you. And take it easy on exercise, you may want to wait until that ear heals completely or just take a nice slow walk or something light. I hope your juicing goes better today also. You are a determined woman, I know you will look great in 1 month! Just stay focused on that.
Well, talked to DH last night and I guess there is a possibility he may get to come home tonight. I'm not getting too excited about it because I've heard that before and he had to do another load, so I'm just going to stick around the house and get the rest of my cleaning done and finish up the laundry area and see what happens with him. He's actually in Olathe right now (1 hr 20 min) and I'm making myself not drive up there!! I'm so ready to see him. I know I can wait one more day if I have to.
Well, I burned last night from my tanning. I noticed it before I went to bed. My back and the back of my arms got burned. It's not really bad, just a little red and sore, I think I will still tan tonight but put a towel under my back so it doesn't get affected this time. But I am finally starting to change color! (and I don't mean the red back ,lol) I have a really light tan but it is starting to appear, I'm getting excited about it. I'm almost ready for bathing suit season!! Maybe next week I will start shopping for one.
Well, I need to get some breakfast in me and then start on this house. TTYL!
Ginny, did you get to your meeting yesterday? Can't wait to hear the results.