Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 11:58 AM   #1  

Question TrimSpa EF

Does anyone know if the TrimSpa EF that Anna Nicole Smith uses really works?
Old 02-26-2004, 03:22 AM   #2  
it's always something

Hi

Use the search and you'll find a few threads on Trimspa, it's a popular topic. But it's not a popular product. Trimspa EF may be ephedra free, but it's not stimulant free. We did have a huge thread on it, but unfortunately it was lost when we had the server crash.

In a nutshell, there is nothing in this product that has been proven to help in weight loss. You will get a good caffeine type buzz from it, but that's about it. It has a few mystery ingredients that have not been tested, such as hoodia. It contains chromium as the main ingredient, and this has specifically been proven NOT to aid in weight loss.

If you take this pill, you STILL have to eat less to lose weight. We recommend you eat less by following a healthy and balanced diet, and save your diet-pill money for a new wardrobe

Btw, Anna Nicole said she chose Trimspa because it had the word TRIM in the name. You can tell a lot of research went into that
Old 02-26-2004, 07:24 AM   #3  
Peace with body and soul

Yesterday I finally took a look at a bottle of this while in the drugstore..oh MY the cost of it! 60 pills for 39.99!!!! For that amount, it best work AND entertain me too! LOL

I think if it really worked for everyone in a safe, effective manner, we'd not find it on a drugstore shelf but would be getting it via prescription...at an even greater price.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:23 AM   #4  
it's always something

That's a good point, Mindi! We don't always stop to think about it that way. If these products REALLY worked, our physicians would be recommending them, they would be pushed by hospitals and insurance companies, and it would make the headlines of every major newspaper. Instead, the only promotions are done by the manufacturers.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:38 AM   #5  
Uber-Moderator!!

Like I've said before, Anna Nicole Smith doesn't exactly strike me as a 'diet expert'. Actually I'd NEVER purchase a product that was endorsed by her! It's all about the bucks for her, that's for sure (remember, she hasn't gotten those mega-millions that she feels she's entitled to from her late husband and she's used to a very lavish lifestyle, though God knows it's not the lifestyle *I* would lead if I had her kind of dough...)

Anna Nicole Smith is probably the Yo-Yo Diet Queen. She's been obese and thin so many times, I definitely wouldn't call her a success. (for those of you who want to read her history, there's a hilarious website called lardbiscuit.com that is pretty concise).

Here's a quote from Ms. Smith regarding food from that website above under "The Wit and Wisdom of Anna Nicole Smith":
Quote:
On food:
I love to eat! I just, you know, I eat everything, anything I want.
I love fast food. I love pizza. My favorite's pizza with ranch dressing on it, and ketchup.

— Late Night with Conan O'Brien, June 1995
Ewwwwwwwwwww!! (oh yeah SHE'LL be keeping that weight off...anyone remember the first season of her 'reality show' where she was looking at a rental house and started picking through the refrigerator??? )
Old 03-03-2004, 08:42 AM   #6  
Uber-Moderator!!

Something else to keep in mind about Anna Nicole and Trimspa...

From what I've heard, when she lost the weight this time around, she used the EPHEDRA version of Trimspa which was still available in late 2003...but it is no longer being sold...

I've been reading around the Internet of 'regular folks' results with the 'new' Trimspa, and the consensus seems to be that they feel they've wasted their money.

As I said - something to keep in mind...
Old 03-03-2004, 05:10 PM   #7  

i dont know, ive been using trimspa for a month now.. mainly because i was curious. though i didnt really believe it worked at all..
ive lost 12 pounds so far. I dont believe the pills alone are helping me, im also exercising and eating less..
I can tell there is caffeine in it though..
Old 03-03-2004, 08:18 PM   #8  
Mouth of the South

If you read the inserts in most so called miracle diet pills like TrimSpa, you have to follow a low fat, low calorie diet and work out. You would lose weight w/o the pills! Also, if you had Anna Nicole's $, you could look like her too! I hate to say it, but I don't think TrimSpa was the only stimulant that she was taking.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:49 AM   #9  
Shelley

Default trim spa

I have done a little research on my own on the ingredients that trim spa uses. I found out that one of the ingredients is also used for WELDING... like metal. The ingredient supposedly creates a non-toxic "jell" in your stomach making you feel full. I would be cautious putting any suspicious jell into my body. I think I would rather go for the healthier alternatives such as a healthy diet and exercise.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:32 PM   #10  

I know I will be a hopeless case if I have to resort to taking Trimspa!!! I am ashamed to admit that I try all this stuff and none of it works, except Ephedra. I don't recommend that anyone take Ephedra but you can still buy it on the Internet at least until the FDA completly bans it.
The latest thing I tried was Dreamshape (Egods!) which is Human growth hormone. Just flushed 44.00 bucks on that too. Trimspa, baby? YUCK!!
Old 03-17-2004, 10:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

I clicked on a banner ad and went to their website. I just have a really hard time believing any of it. The pictures..while they don't look doctored...look funny. Like you'll see this woman hunched so she appears to have a double chin. She'll push out her tummy so she has a gut. And then in the next picture...viola! I don't think so.

And you know...chances are, ANS lost her weight through a personal trainer. Yeah, she might have taken TS...but I don't think THAT'S the ONLY thing she did.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:49 PM   #12  
Mouth of the South

I am sure TrimSpa didn't work for Anna Nicole either. She probably had a ton of plastic surgery, and at least two tons of cocaine!
Old 03-19-2004, 05:59 PM   #13  
Uber-Moderator!!

Can't resist responding...

Quote:
She probably had a ton of plastic surgery, and at least two tons of cocaine!
ANS already had a bunch of plastic surgery. IMO she needs to have her boobs redone - WAY too big. Judging from her 'performance' on her 'reality show', I would have to say that her drug of choice is probably 'downers' of some sort, rather than cocaine.

I watched the first episode of the season (I don't make a habit of watching ANS, but it was featuring her big Trimspa tour through NYC, so I couldn't resist...) and the finale of the show - which featured ANS doing a third-rate Marilyn Monroe impersonation (of course it was "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend") - ended with her arms out and upper arm batwings a-shakin' (if someone had been standing close enough they would have risked being knocked out!)...so I think it would be safe to say that Ms. Anna could use 1) a personal trainer and/or 2) an arm lift. (I was trying to find a still photo of that on the Internet...but apparently TrimSpa and E! have kept the wiggly triceps from view online. I'll keep looking though...)

Quote:
Also, if you had Anna Nicole's $, you could look like her too!
Unfortunately, money doesn't equate slimness - look at Oprah and Liz Taylor for example - they've had a DEVIL of a time keeping weight off. (Liz did look smashing there for a year or so back in the 1980's - she even came out with her OWN diet book, "Elizabeth Takes Off".). I believe that ANS' golddigging case against her late husband's estate is still in appeal, but I don't think she's hurting financially.

Quote:
The latest thing I tried was Dreamshape (Egods!) which is Human growth hormone. Just flushed 44.00 bucks on that too.
That couldn't have been *real* HGH - first off, it's illegal to sell OTC and secondly, it would cost a LOT more than $44.00 if it WAS legal. (People go to Mexico for HGH treatments that cost tens of thousands of dollars...)
Old 04-16-2004, 04:19 AM   #14  

Thumbs down my research has found... and I am an idiot!

I did some research about the product and found Trimspa is involved in 2 recent lawsuits, so far. The second suit claims the appetite supressant ingredient, Hoodia Gordonii Cactus, is not even *present* in the supplements! Then I checked their website and noticed that the Anna Nichole link states she lost all that weight in eight months. However, the print ads (I found one in "People" magazine) claim that she lost the weight ("painlessly") in a "matter of WEEKS". Why this discrepancy?

To further invesitigate the website, I filled out their anonymous free consultation. At a stated 5'0" and 85 pounds, with a weight goal of 75 pounds, TrimSpa would recommend $157 worth of their products to me. This is sick.

The "Bizrate" link on the site did not even work for days, which made me want to check with Bizrate to see if the product is even reviewed there. I didn't see any positive reviews.

I am no Anna fan -- I could care less -- but I also find it offensive that the "new" Anna is cited to be "hotter," "more beautiful," and the "real" Anna Nicole. Are fat people not real? And Anna is hotter, more beautiful, etc. to whom??? Whose standards are these? What I mean is, who has the power here and who is purposefully being mislead? What image of and values regarding women are being sold to both women and men with these Anna ads? Because the pill is a very expensive non-effective placebo.

There's also the fact that Anna Nicole's show recently got cancelled AND she lost some major money in lawsuits. Looks like she needed some mega-bucks. Looks like she got what she needed from Trimspa. And I doubt it was the weightloss she was after because Trimspa DOESN'T WORK! (Of course she employed other methods. She probably has an eating disorder now (if she didn't have one already.)

So, let me tell you something about this Anna Nicole. Anna couldn't give a bat's butt about Trimspa. She is a total opportunist, who is seriously lacking in ethics. As a stripper, she was courted for three years by a very wealthy, very elderly man. She married him and one year later he died. She says she waited 3 years to marry him to prove she was not out just for his money. NO. She waited 3 years because she was making AS MUCH money as possible off him as just a stripper and he was already giving her luxury gifts (houses! cars!) without her having to do anything! She led her customer on so she could get more from him, keep him coming back, keep herself making money and she probably got a bonus from the club. (I worked once as a stripper -- I know how it works... you do not want to lose a loyal customer. You keep him coming back no matter what. It's why I quit -- the ethics. I just wanted an unusual experience and to dance. I didn't want to cheat men.) I guess Anna figured at 89 her man would die soon, so she better marry him to get a grip on the rest of his loot. (She lost the estate to his youngest son.) The Trimspa campaign seems like another of her carefully plotted schemes.

Ok, I am an idiot. I've seen and despised the Anna ads. AND I actually bought Trimspa because of them. Sad, huh. The bottle cost $40. I could have paid my phone bill instead. It would have had the same ZERO effect on my weight. Advertising hype -- I know better! I've studied this, taught this! Yet, these ads still compel and seduce me. That is why advertising is a billion dollar industry -- it works: "You are not good enough. Buy our product and your life will be a success story." ("results not typical" -- heh.) It's subliminal.

Anyway, $40 for 10 days worth of ineffective pills. Better to pay for four yoga classes.
Josie (just a girlchick.) )
Old 04-16-2004, 09:31 AM   #15  
Uber-Moderator!!

Josie - AWESOME post. Yup, it's amazing how advertising/marketing can seduce even the most intelligent of us to buy some lame product.

And Anna Nicole - she's like a train wreck - hard to look away. Did you see that True Hollywood Story on her? Apparently she's turned her back on her entire family...I did think that she was appealing the lawsuit though. IMO, she isn't entitled to a penny of that old man's money! THS did mention that while the old guy was alive, he gave her a ranch, expensive jewelry, money, money, money, etc. If she had a brain cell in her head, she could have invested all that and been comfortable for the rest of her life, instead she pissed it away. (I REALLY feel sorry for her son!).
Closed Thread