Old 03-13-2004, 11:51 PM   #1  
More Tortoise than Hare

S/C/G: 320/317/199

Lightbulb Singles Looking for a 21-Day Challenge?

Hello! I'm looking for motivation with a 21-day challenge, beginning 3/15 if there are any who would like to join me. I'm a 35 year old, single teacher and have no children, so I thought of inviting perhaps those who are living with some of the same unique experiences -- shopping for one, going to the gym and feeling old and alone and frumpy, spending the night with the internet or The Apprentice and Ben & Jerry's, filling a closet with bridesmaids dresses. That sort of thing. However, all who want to join are welcome.

The idea of a challenge is to post each day for 21 days, recording whether you exercised, ate within your personal goals, and drank water (ideally 64 ounces). You can also add whatever thoughts you have, whatever you want to share.

Privately, you record your weight and measurements at the beginning of the challenge and the end of the challenge. If you want to share your pounds and inches lost at the finish, we can then celebrate.

Is there anyone who would like to join me??
~Shimmers~
shimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 08:12 AM   #2  
stbakd

i'm in for the challange. i'm single also and need to lose 140 lbs. matbe we will
find a mate after we lose the lbs.
glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 11:15 AM   #3  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Count me in. I think a challenge would be a great way to get me motivated! And I would come shopping with you if I could!
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 12:03 PM   #4  
More Tortoise than Hare

Default What a Way to Begin The Day!

What a great way to wake up this morning! I wasn't sure anyone would be interested when I posted last night, and now, so far we make Three!

That's motivation enough to get to the gym this morning --

I'm doing my darndest to get reenergized, having lost 69 pounds and toned up Tremendously by doing the gym 5 days a week for 2 years. Only to gain back 32 and lose all that muscles I'd made after I broke my ankle and lost all motivation for the next year. argh. I'm 269 now (my top was 306) and ready to get back down to my low of 237 (not thin by any means, but sooo much more healthy and motivated) and continue on downward! Yes, I wanna be a big "loser".

So my goal in 21 days is to get 30 minutes 5 days a week on the treadmill, drink 8 glasses of water a day and stay with a low-fat, low-cal diet.

What do you do for exercise? Do you have a diet, such as North Beach or Atkins or the Zone or WW that you use? Glen, I'm with you on the partner dreams -- I think when I feel good about myself, I'll get that girly glow men like! Miss Elisha, thank you for the offer! Macy's isn't as much fun without a girlfriend and Costco is a total waste to a single.

Is tomorrow a good day to start? Shall I create a new Thread for it -- "Singles March Challenge"? ... Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-14-2004, 09:16 PM   #5  

I like the idea of joining a challenge but it will be a challenge for me just to get on the computer two days in a row - 21 days could be the end of me :-). I try to get on the computer as much as possible. I plan on doing the WATP 2 mile tape at least three times this week and drink at least 40 ounces of water tomorrow and be up to 60 by the weekend. DM
DaisyMaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 09:44 PM   #6  

Count me in too. I was planning on starting the South Beach Diet tomorrow, so this works out great. I haven't decided on what i'll do for exercise. I have lots of exercise tapes with plenty of dust on them & a treadmill with plenty of clothes hanging on them. I'm 42... and i'm ready to get this weight off... I probably won't check in til noon, or in the evenings.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:43 AM   #7  
More Tortoise than Hare

Woohooo! We're 5!
After I posted this morning, I went to the gym and not only did the treadmill but hand weights and buns-o-steel mat work too. yayyyy.

So in preparation for tomorrow, I'm going to start a thread for the challenge, okay? Come join me there?

Anyone who wants to join, come see us there, too!

~Shimmers~