Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2004, 10:33 PM   #1  

Default Father's Day Goal - 2/29/04-6/20/04

I'm starting a 16-week program ending Father's Day. Anyone is welcome to join me if you are interested in starting a serious program and losing weight by 6/20/04. I'm planning on shedding 40 pounds!!!!

Come join, post, vent, or see my progress! Either way, I'm doing this!

Last edited by Hula-Baloo; 02-29-2004 at 02:21 PM.
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 01:12 PM   #2  

Smile On your marks, get set, GO!!!

Well, looks like it's just me and my lonesome - oh well. I guess the main point is to post and if this helps or encourages at least one person out there, then I will be happy!

I'm weighing early today @ 160 lbs. Sunday will be my weigh day. There are 16 full weeks until Father's Day and that means that I need to lose 2.5 lbs. per week which I think is doable.

How will I do this?

**Exercise AT least 4 times per week, up to 6 times max.
**Follow a 20-point WW diet daily.
**Continue my 64 oz + water intake
**Journal entries posting intake, thoughts, progress, and any backsliding (heaven forbid)

Why Father's Day?

Well, three reasons. I do feel like a good mommy, but I can't help feeling that I sort of let my DH down in that I let myself go to some degree. Don't get me wrong, I know he loves me a lot but he didn't sign up for someone that is always complaining about being fat and unhappy . So, this is for me, my son, and his Papa!! Those are three good enough reasons for me . And of course for a more healthier lifestyle and OUTLOOK.

Off I go.

Last edited by Hula-Baloo; 02-29-2004 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:25 AM   #3  

Did pretty good today. Went over personal WW point goal but not max for my range.

B- coffee
cream

L-shrimp w/ scrambed eggs
light lemonade

D-Pizza (toppings only)
Michelob light
almond bites
TOTAL 25 points

No exercise today, too busy with b-day parties and watching Oscars!
Old 03-01-2004, 02:44 PM   #4  

Hi Hula! I'll join you here too!! My breakfast this morning was a 2 egg omlet with a slice of ham, 1/2 oz shredded cheese and a BIG cup of coffee with some non dairy creamer. Lunch was a Wendy's spinach and chicken salad with a carb free dressing. Supper is up for grabs, Maybe a burger on a low carb pita.. Do they have the 'Joseph's' brand in CA? VERY low carb pita bread...only 5g Effective Carb Count in 1 WHOLE pita! Calories..60, Fat grams 1.5
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 04:22 PM   #5  

Welcome Lissandy! Great, low carb tips! I get bored with the same stuff I eat so maybe I'll pick up something new. They don't have Josephs brand out here but that sounds good. We have a low carb tortilla by the Tortilla Factory which has 3 net carbs per tortilla. And they just added a garlic herb flavor. How many carbs per day are you doing? I'm trying the 20 grams a day for two weeks to see what happens. Is this your first time going "low-carb"?
Old 03-01-2004, 05:43 PM   #6  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Hula and Lissandy!
Mind if I join you two? Reading your post Hula about your reasons why you chose Father's Day, actually gave me motivation to do this too. I have been complaining lots and have been unhappy and DH is getting tired of it and really wants me to be happy. My unhappiness is making him unhappy and that makes me sad. (quite the cycle, eh?)I have lost 17 pounds so far, and have recently lost all dedication to this and have been eating whatever I want and not journaling or counting points at all (I'm on WW). This is not good. I haven't gained any weight yet as a result, but I know I will very soon if I keep this up.
My goal is to lose 32 pounds in these 16 weeks, hey that works out ot 2 pounds a week. That's lots, but I will do it, I will!!!
I will do this by,
#1 having 24 points per day and journalling it
#2 exercising daily min 30 minutes
#3 drinking at least 6 cups of water a day
#4 doing situps daily

I noticed that you're going to try 20 points for 16 weeks, I thought this was only supposed to be done for 2 weeks max (you're talking about the Fast Track program right?) Do you think that this will work and not put your body into starvation mode?

Lissandy, what is your plan for this challenge?

Oops, I didn't watch Oscars, didn't even know they were on last night. Which movies did well? Best Picture?

Well, I had best get going as I have so much work to do today and I still haven't done anything.
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 10:30 PM   #7  

Hi Gals,

Ok, I'm so in on this!! I'm not getting the early start you did but it's just as good.

I'm doing the South Beach Diet and getting off to do my walking video. I was feeling discouraged and found our post on this.
I'm the kind that needs a helping hand and some strong motivation! I feel like this is my last chance. I'm 36 and I've been saying for the last 9 years, I'm gonna lose this weight. HELLO......
Logging off to walk away the pounds . I'll be back tomorrow.
Denise
CanonGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:56 PM   #8  
A Mom

Denise, I sure like those WATP videos. How do you like them? Well, the lady annoys the heck out of me, but oh well. I bowled tonight and had fun even though I really suck at bowling. Babies fussing, gotta go
Diana
Old 03-02-2004, 12:03 AM   #9  
A Mom

Just a question, shouldn't this thread be under the support groups forum? Maybe we could find more people there. Just a thought. I only found this through the buddies forum
Old 03-02-2004, 12:39 AM   #10  

Wow, so much activity since I last logged on! Wecome DewCan and CanonGal!! Ya'all ready to do this?

DewCan-Your plan sounds very doable! Actually I like it better than mine. I think mine is too strict. In fact, I had 28 points today so I think I will modify my points to 20-25. I'm not familiar with the latest WW plans, I was just doing the original Winning Points since I still have the materials. Do you know what is the point range for someone weighing 160 pounds? Thanks!!! p.s. Lord of the Rings swept the Oscars.
p.s.s. I think I tried posting under "Support" originally but we can try to recruit some newbies if you want!

CanonGal-If it makes you feel any better, I've been trying to "start" a plan for longer than 9 years and have fluctuated between 130 and 190 between then! But I am seriously ready now. The important thing is that you are starting NOW and making changes. Don't worry about the early start, the challenge actually starts today (exactly 16 weeks 'til Father's Day). Welcome!!!
Old 03-02-2004, 12:45 AM   #11  

Default Okay, now for the journaling

Today was okay, slightly went over points. Will do better tomorrow.

coffee w/
carbsafe soymilk 2 pts
scrambled egg w/ shrimp 8 pts

salami slices 6 pts
1/2 oz cheese 1 pt
low carb bread 1 pt
almond bites 2 pt

chicken broth w/ spinach & one egg scrambled in 3 pts
soy chips 2 pts
salsa 0 pts
light jalapeno cream cheese 3 pts

50 oz water
Pilates Mat class at gym - 1 hour
Old 03-02-2004, 12:49 AM   #12  

Default You know You're a Weight Watcher member when... :lol:

You know You're a Weight Watcher member when...

. You accidentally swallow toothpaste and wonder how many POINTS it had in it.
· You stand in the aisles at the grocery store with your WW PointsFinder figuring POINTS before you buy.
· You feel your collar bone/ribs/hip bones and think you need to call 911 because something must be broken.
· Everyone at your lunch table is asking you to figure the POINTS on their lunch.
· You threaten to put your cat on WW.
· You figure the POINTS on cough syrup.
. Your child says there are too many POINTS in something s/he doesn't want to eat!
· You don't want to share ANY of your food with anyone because you've measured it and know exactly how many POINTS are in it.
· You know where every public restroom is wherever you go . . . you need it after drinking all that water!
· You realize "gram" is a four letter word.
· You weigh yourself before and after the bathroom just to see how much of a difference it makes.
· You don't mind "seeing stars."
· You ask your WW leader to bring in a curtain so you can weigh-in naked.
· Your child gets an "A" in English for turning your journal in as a book report.
· You convince the grocery store owner to organize the food aisles according to POINTS values.
· You hang your 5 pound book markers from your car antenna.
· You replace your college diploma with your 50 lb. magnet (now which one is actually tougher to achieve?).
· You Calculate Activity points for Sex!
· You not only weigh food on your food scale, but your clothes, keys, HAIR, socks, etc
· People at work know when your weigh in day is because you have the same outfit on that day EVERY WEEK
· you call your family to the dinner table and instead of "what's for dinner?" they ask "how many points are we having for dinner?"
· you take a bite and then spit it out because you realize it wasn't worth the points!
· you mark all the food boxes in the house with points per serving
· you carry your journal with you wherever you go
· you take Molly McCheese with you to the restaurant so you don't waste your points on butter
· you ask your family to hide the cookies and chips so you won't be tempted
· Kashi becomes your favorite snack food
· "On The Side" become the 3 most uttered words in your vocabulary
· you start parking in the back of the parking lot for the extra exercise
· you start wondering why restaurant servings of any meal are large enough to feed 3 grown me
· you start wondering how many points are in bubble gum
· you look down at the backs of your hands and get freaked out by how skinny they look
· you weigh every pair of shoes you own
· you spend 10 minutes in Staples looking for the prettiest paperclips for your paperclip chain
· you want to drive to Ben & Jerry's individual houses and drown them in a vat of Chunky Monkey
· you take up knitting/crocheting/tatting/rughooking/paintbynumbers to keep your mind off food
· the thought of having a bran muffin for breakfst gets you so excited you can't fall asleep.
· you dance a little jig in front of the frozen foods case in the grocery store because you finally found Skinny Cows!
· You stop licking postage stamps when you realize they are 1 tenth of a calorie each.
· know in advance, by heart, what you can eat at each and every resturaunt that DH may want to go to.
· instead of carrying an armful of things thru the house, you intentionally made several trips to get in that extra 20 steps of walking.
· you smile and gaze adoringly at the produce aisle.
· your junk drawer at work has been revamped to include Milky Way Lites, LF granola bars, FF Pringles and lite peach cups instead of Cheetos and snickers bars.
· you take a big black permanent marker and not only mark the points but also write your name and "DO NOT TOUCH OR ELSE".
· everywhere you go, you take along two 'purses'. Your regular purse, and your Weight Watcher's Black Bag, with the point guides, Slider, and all other 'stuff' in there!
· you dont wear any makeup to get weighed in , fearing it will weigh too much
· you see really overweight people and want to tell them they can do something to change their lives!
· You hold up your snacks next to your kids' and warn them that eating the wrong ones will result in their demise.
· the jeans that you would have never dared to put in the dryer for fear that they would not make it back over your hips... are in there right now, as you hope to shrink them enough that they won't fall straight off!
Old 03-02-2004, 09:27 AM   #13  

Good Morning everybody!! Last night we had pizza for supper...the kids had the boxed frozen kind, We had healthy ones!! 1 Josephs low carb pita, 2 tbls medium fire salsa, 1 oz shredded parm/mozzarella cheese, slivered peppers and onions, baked on a non stick cookie sheet for about 8 minutes at 400 degrees. Also tossed in 2 oz of leftover boneless pork for our proteins on the side.

This morning I had a BLT on a 1/2 Pita.. 2 slices bacon, 1/4 tomato, and some lettuce..no mayo this morning. Had my 20oz glass of water before, and my big cup of coffee after.....
Old 03-02-2004, 09:32 AM   #14  

Oh, my plans for the challenge. I know that 2 lbs a week is probably what I will lose. My parents come home from Florida in May. I'd LIKE to be 25 lbs lighter by then and surprise them. I haven't told them what their daughter and son in law are up to. Hubby and I are also going to California the beginning of June. I'd like to be able to shop for a summer wardrobe by then!!
Old 03-02-2004, 09:33 AM   #15  

Hey, I like the idea of moving this to support groups..we should come up with a cool name so we're easy to find....!!