Old 03-12-2004, 08:14 AM   #1  

Default I passed up the fresh bread at the keg!!!!!!! I didn't even unwrapp it to smell it

Went to keg last night for supper and didn't even look at the fresh bread they brought to our table. If you knew me you would understand how weird this is as I used to just love those little loaves. I could eat the hole thing myself with that garlicy butter.

I had a rib steak with salad and NO potato.

My oops was those little thing deep fried onions. I am sure they had a coating on them but could have been spice. I ate them all off my plate soooooooooo good.
wouldn't have been a problem if I owuld have left the 5 pcs of popcorn chicken alone at work LOL.

Scales shows those 2lbs I lost this week back on butttttttttt I also got tom yesterday so hopefully mega water will get rid of them quick.

I am so proud I didn't even want the bread.
jjcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:21 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Congrats!!! I'm not sure how to handle going out to eat. I've been passing up invitations to do that.

How do you handle the salad dressing conflict??
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:34 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

BRAVO !!!

Good for you. See every little step we take brings us closer.

I went to the macaroni grill the other day, ordered a salad w/steak and told them not to put the honey vinegar glaze on it, they did as I asked, but the dressing tasted a wee bit sweet, so I picked off the meat and ate some of the salad anyway, I hope I didn't do to much damage. Will see.

It sucks when you go out and you really don't know whats in things. And who carries around dressing ??? I certainly don't so you just make do.

Here's a big HUG for your efforts
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:55 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

lol. DH told me to bring my own dressing. I'd need a bigger purse. I told him I could bring a bottle and leave it there and tell them to check into buying more for low-carb eaters.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 01:58 PM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Jj Great Job !!!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 05:01 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 6"

JJ GREAT JOB!!
I was always one eating all the rolls and fresh bread before dinner. That was my most favorite thing about going out to eat. So I know the challenge you had before you. Job well done!

As far as dressings, I always order a salad with NO dressing and ask for a side of REAL mayo if I don't have any dressing of my own on me. Once it's all mixed into the salad it tastes just fine.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:58 PM   #7  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Now you know I just HAVE to add in my 2cents worth when you ladies are talking about eating out -- my favorite pastime.....When you are out and order a salad, order blue cheese dressing. It is generally the least "sweetened" of all dressings and will contain fewer carbs than the others -- except, of course, plain old oil and vinegar. What I do is totally uncouth and drives my husband crazy. I order the dressing on the side, then ask for a small empty bowl and a glass of water. I put the dressing and some water in the bowl, stir it up, THEN put it on the salad. Sounds absolutely ridiculous, but I've found that it thins it out enough to get "good coverage" on the lettuce, and you also don't need to use as much dressing!!!! Hey......I wonder if this is how Martha Stewart got started?????
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:33 PM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

I am sooooo glad I am sucha huge fan of blue cheese cause it makes it easy to eat out, But yeah Spedmom Stewart, that is a great idea for adding water!! Excellent I may have to use that!

DH already laughs at my ordering at restraunts, why not add 1 more thing to the list. He always asks now for me how much extra meat is!! LOL
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 06:05 PM   #9  
Mouth of the South

That is so awesome! I am proud of you! That must have been a hard thing to pass up. Your waistline will thank you later! Keep up the good work!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote