Old 03-11-2004, 09:14 PM   #1  
soontobethin

Default Stay at home moms #135

Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better!
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:15 PM   #2  
soontobethin

Hope everyone has a great evening. Lots of stuff on tv to watch. I will check in tommorow.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 10:02 PM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Oh I forgot it is tv night for everyone with all the reality shows!

I have never watched any of 'em so I don't know what goes on each of them. Hope everyone has a great night! Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 10:23 PM   #4  
Movin' to the Country!

Penny, the only thing I watch faithfully is ER but it is not on tonight. I did watch the makeover shows and they were pretty good. I sure could use an extreme makeover!!! I had avocado and cracker for dinner. Not too hungry but had to eat something so I could take my pills. Hope everyone has a good night. I'm off to bed!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 11:14 PM   #5  
2BoysMom

Hi everyone!

Boy what a chat session we had at 2 today....I was on for an hour ... the kiddies got restless towards the end...but it sure was great having so many of you show up to chat. It was really fun.

Had the munchies tonight...didn't do too much damage but I fear TOM is on his way early maybe?? Shouldn't be here til the 23rd...maybe it was something else. Must stop it now!! I will.

I decided I don't like Troy on the Apprentice ... worm! Colby got voted out on Survivor...oh well, that's what happens when you don't pay attention. At least he had a great attitude about it.

Nothing new for me tonight...nice pic Penny!

Hope everyone had a great OP day! Sorry to not get personal but the boys had me up early and they went down early so probably another early day tomorrow.

Talk to you tomorrow (BTW it's darned cold here tonight...wind chill down in the single digits...is it January again??) BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 07:45 AM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Good Morning Ladies!

Hope everyone has a TGI FRIDAY!!!! Day

It is lent so no meat again for me today!

I hope everyone has a great day

I will check back in later after I bring Hunter to school and get a work out in.

Penny
Old 03-12-2004, 09:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!
Well WI results... I'm up 1/2 a lb. But I think that is good since TOM should strike today. I know it's not because of being off plan, because I've been great all week. So next week I should see a really good loss and no more bloating ,lol.
Penny, enjoy your meatless day!! What will you be eating instead? Ever try those veggie products that taste like meat?
Geri, I agree about the chat session yesterday, it was so much fun! At some moments I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing out loud! (Tanner was sleeping in his playpen next to the computer desk in my room) I needed some good laughter though, it was great. I know for sure now that us SAHM's are the best group of women, ever!
I actually gave up CSI last night to watch the apprentice. I liked Heidi, didn't want to see her go. I don't know if I like Troy for sure or not. But I do really like Nick and that is who I am routing for to win. Who do you want to win Geri?
Candy, I did watch pieces of that extreme makeover home one, did you catch that one? It might have been a re-run. I would sure love someone to remodle my house. That house was HUGE. For what they spent re-doing that house they could have knocked mine down and started from scratch and still have money left over, lol. Maybe I should apply for that show, lol. Would be awesome.
Ricci, thanks for starting the new thread. And I've been thinking alot about joplin lately. Do you go there often?? I really would love to meet you! I could get my SIL to babysit and we could meet for lunch or something. Would be lots of fun. Let me know what you think, ok?
Oh I did catch the part on extreme makeover last night (the regular one) about buying jeans and butt size, lol. I didn't know that if you have a big butt you should buy jeans with big pockets, or to buy with high waist so it slims the butt and makes it look lifted. Very interesting. I don't think my butt is big but I have those childbearing hips that widen it, lol. So now I know how to shop for jeans!!! So I learned something useful from that show.
Well, today is my flexpoint day. I bought some frozen pizzas yesterday for either lunch or dinner tonight and will probably eat out once today, so I'm looking forward to it all.
Well the kids are starting to fight, must go referee!! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:24 AM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Oh, golly did everyone have to talk about TV today?????? I had a strange TV nite. Dh was watching something on TV in the new family room (he gets the big TV- not a plasma screen but I think 31" or something like that......) so I was upstairs watching who knows what when our totally stupid cat jumped on top of it......well- with the furniture move we never got the extra VCR put away.....so it used to sit atop the TV. RC (the cat) decided to jump off the VCR......knocked it back......which sent the TV sliding and crashing to the floor........ I thought for sure that the set was a gonner and my shot at ever watching a non sports program down the drain.
Unbelievable as it soundssss- with a cracked housing........(one whole corner of the plastic is badly broken) then set works!!!!!!! And I forgive the cat- not sure anyone else does though.

Ricci thanks for starting a new thread.
Spryng- we all have those weeks.......don't sweat the 1/2#- you have been doing great hang in there!!!! I have been fairly weight stable for months- with no big losses......this is a lifetime goal, right? Enjoy those flex points too!!!!
Penny- how are you going to get around a no meat day????? I go meatless a lot, and love it. I agree with Spryng that some of the soy meat replacements are great.
Geri- I enjoyed the chat too. Hey, did you send that cold air here????? It was warmer at 7 am than it is now at almost 10:30!!!!! Hope the boys are good to you today.....hear that Will and Tony? (now, howcome I can envision the mischief that they get into without knowing them?????)

Dd is home again......she is getting better, but just wiped out. I suppose she could have gone in to school, but I thought she was better off staying home.
So, no WW meeting today....one of my schools has a 1/2 day, so I am off to pick up the kiddies again in 45 minutes. Dd will ride with me.
BTW, I heard that my bus was excellent for the sub driver (unheard of)- so all my work at keeping them in line paid off. They are getting twizzlers on the way home today for being good little critters..
Gotta go unload the dishes. Happy Friday!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 11:11 AM   #9  

Lost my entire post. Caught you later. JW wants to play.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 11:54 AM   #10  
2BoysMom

Good morning everyone

Ginny, glad the TV still works!! Kitties are always into something hey? I used to have 2 but Dh is allergic and he and 1 of them clashed seriously...at the end the kitty would poop or pee as soon as Dh walked in the door The other one was adorable, but when I was pregnant we decided to get rid of both...now I don't want any animals...the kids and Dh are enough. So far Will and Tony are being pretty good...we need to go grocery shopping so we'll see how that goes

Melinda, sorry you lost your post...have fun with JW!!

Spryng, great attitude about the WI...hope TOM comes and goes really soon. I guess I vote for Nick to win..I don't really care I guess. There was something about Heidi that rubbed me the wrong way...maybe she reminded me of my old boss a little bit.

Penny I too don't eat meat on Friday's during lent...for dinner I think we're going to have spaghetti (whole wheat of course ) with shrimp in it....yummy. For lunch I'll have tuna...funny I used to hate tuna...now I just chop up some celery and red onion and have it on toast sometimes with some cheese and I love it. Still can't eat those macaroni salads or cooked in casseroles.

Don't know if I'll get to chat today...depends how long of a nap Tony takes. Yesterday's was only an hour. After then we're off to the grocery store. We're almost out of fruit...some red grapes and 2 pears left and that's it. Got in my 3 mi walk this morning (thank you boys )so my exercise is in for the day. We have free starz this weekend and I see that Sweet Home Alabama is on tonight so after I put the boys to bed maybe I'll come down here to watch it so I don't gravitate towards the kitchen. I think I just need to find some other food to eat because I might be getting bored with the same old stuff. That may be why I had the munchies last night...like I was searching for something. Oh well, today is a new day.

OK, I have to balance the check book and some other stuff. I'll try to get to the chatroom later!

Bye....Oh, hi to everyone I didn't personally address...Candy, Andrea, Ricci...
Old 03-12-2004, 12:35 PM   #11  

Smile

I need a I am up 2 pounds. I don't want a pep talk ladies. I need to get on program. I did get 5/7 workouts this week. That is what is making me so mad at myself. I have practically killed myself with these workouts, but I continue to overeat. I don't need the muscle weighs more than fat thing, b/c I don' t think that is the case. My sister is in town this weekend, so I am going to enjoy her visit and focus in on Sunday. I am going to continue the workouts, but use the reg points instead of the breastfeeding pts and see how that goes. There is an extra 10 points for bf, maybe I should just use 5 of them at first so my milk supply is not affected.

Since I am so sore with my workouts, I decided to walk with JW and the dog Bentley. He got so excited when I put my shoes on that I could not leave him at home. JW slept and Bentley would run, stop, poop, run, pee, etc. I walked for 45 min, I am thinking about 3 miles. I think I will map it with the car to see. With JW I have to stay pretty close to home, just in case, so I did not go my pre-preg route. Anyway, I would say I got a pretty good workout, despite the fact I wanted an easier one.

Ginny - Is the cat all right? I don't know much about cats, but at least no one got hurt. The only show my dh and I watch together is ER and the apprentice. He loves to watch the racing channel.

Spryng - I have not found a pair of jeans post-preg that I like. I have been wearing more slacks with the side zip so that it does not accentuate my mid, never was a problem before baby.

Penny - Good on the meatless Friday. I did not give anything up for Lent this year. Usually sweets. I feel out of synch with JW, we have not even been to Wed night services. He have changed our 11 sunday to 830 b/c it suits JW best.

Geri - Enjoy Sweet Home it is a great movie. We have it on DVD, still makes me cry. I am bored with the food thing too. I eat salads everyday for lunch and as a side for dinner. I am sick of tuna, but that is all that is in the house so I will probably make it with some eggs.

Oh and on hanging the clothes. My Dh said I was a fool. There is so much pollen in Chas right now, they would not even be fresh smelling. Maybe in the summer.

Thanks for listening gals. Don't need any excuses. I need to get myself in action.

Melinda
Old 03-12-2004, 12:43 PM   #12  
2BoysMom

Melinda, are you eating too big of portions, eating the wrong foods, snacking at night or what? Which plan are you following? I think I remember you saying a modified south beach or something. Could it be too many carbs? No pep talk here...been there, done that & I know how you feel.
Good you got that walk in with JW. I think it really helps to get out and get some fresh air to help you clear your mind.
Enjoy your visit with your sister. Thanks for the kleenex tip for Alabama!! lol Try not to be too hard on yourself...that often makes things worse!
Old 03-12-2004, 12:57 PM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Spryng,
I really think you will have an awesome weigh in for next week. You are doing so great! Keep it up!

Geri,
I have not seen that movie so I might catch it too I can't remember which plan you are on. But I have the same problem w/ eating after supper. I have been making ff sugar free jello and pudding for that exact thing. Let me know what you usually eat and I'll try to give you some new ideas

Melinda,
I am curious also. Are you getting in your water? I hear ya with being sick of salads tuna and eggs.......lol Have you tried the whole wheat pitas? And I also found the canned chicken by Tyson and Swanson's. I haven't tried it yet but I will soon. I also found the Gourmayo . I use the Sundried Tomato. It is really good and the fat gram is 5 instead of 11g. I used to use Blue Plate until I found these. I gotta have my mayo! LOL Hope you find some new choices!

Have a great one,
Penny
Old 03-12-2004, 01:32 PM   #14  

Geri - I am combining the South Beach and WW things I have. Definitely the carb and portion control. We eat wheat pasta and brown rice, but if you go over on the portion than it defeats the purpose. I am going to get my measuring cups back out. I thought I had a handle on it, but I need to be more aware. Actually I think one serving is the size that you scoop with your cooking utensil or maybe I bought ones that are the right sizes.

Penny - The water is not the problem. I drink a good gallon of water a day. Had tuna salad for lunch with some chicken noodle soup (Lipton). Soup seems to flush out fast. I was on a diet once with soup and salad for lunch for 2 weeks and lost 10 pounds. I think any change in your diet will make you lose weight the first two weeks. Back to the tuna, I just put egg and tuna in the salad with Light Done Right Thousand Island. Love mayo, but worried about pouring it on too much. I love anything sundried tomato. I use tuna in the can, but that is about it. I am sensitive to sodium in those kind of product. They probably make a low sodium chicken though. I was just telling my dh how I am craving some Louisiana crawfish. I had cravings during my entire preg, but they are hard to find in SC. Not preg for sure now. We do oysters here.

I have my notepad with me today and I am writing everything I put in my mouth. It should make me more accountable.

Melinda
Old 03-12-2004, 01:39 PM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Melinda ~
I wish you could jump, skip and hop over here!

My dad just came in and asked if we all wanted to go to a seafood buffet restaurant tonight
Crawfish are just coming into season.
So I will be eating the boiled crawfish, shrimp and probably a salad.
But plenty plenty of water to flush out all that salt!

I have high blood pressure so I know what you mean about the sodium intakes in those canned foods!

Hope you are doing better today
Penny