Old 03-10-2004, 05:44 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #58

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #58

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 05:48 AM   #2  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes. Got something we can help with?

Morning ladies. Sandy/Gigglez ask that you ladies pray for her mom. She has to have some surgery to take out some metal in her leg or something like that. She said she would be offline for awhile but to think about her. So, we are going to pray for her mom and her continued success while she is away from us!

I am cleaning dd's house today so I will check in as soon as I can.

Susan: Nice list, Susan and they don't called it "morbidly" obese because it makes you healthy so it is a good thing you are catching on at a younger age. I was not so lucky and am not struggling with things I probably wouldn't have had to if I had taken charge of my life early on!

Later!

Faye
Old 03-10-2004, 07:59 AM   #3  

Morning ladies!

Yesterday was a 2 pointer.....
I don't know what's going on, but I just can't stop snacking! This whole week I've been craving more and more food. Thank goodness there's nothing terrible in the house for me to eat. I know some people think that if you eat sugar or other high carb snacks, it starts a craving cycle that is tough to break. Maybe that's what happened....I had a bunch of chocolate on Sat. and since then I've been craving. Gotta STOP!!

I'll keep Sandy in my prayers.....
Faye, that is so awesome that you could give Thomas a piggy back ride!!!!! :clap: :clap: I'll bet he'll remember that when he's older. He's old enough to remember this big transition you're going through, and someday you'll hear from him how proud he is of you.

Not much to report here.......still too cold to get spring fever. Actually, I'm going a little squirrely being stuck inside so much. READY FOR SPRING NOW PLEASE!

Everyone have a great day!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:13 AM   #4  
It is what it is...

Morning :sunny

Thanks for all of the well wishes for the mole removal, it is still pretty sore at times but will get better...I was reading up on what my dermatologist thought it was that she removed ( a keloid I think ) and if she is right it has a 50% chance of coming back bigger in the same spot...so I am very depressed about that right now, BIG WEDS WOE!!! I had my family doctor and another dermatologist tell me it was not one of those, so I guess I just go on and hold hope that it is not what she thinks it is.... I just hate to think that I went through all of this for nothing...

Anyway another 3pt day yesterday, no exercise, it was only in the high 30's yesterday evening and with my arm sore I didnt think I should get the blood pumping there, it still leaks fairly bad, gonna try today if it is a little
warmer

Amanda - I dont think you have to give up Pizza altogether but I think you need to eat a kind that you can stick to your points with, Pizza Hut has a new pizza out, I dont know what it is called, but I think it is only like 3 points per slice...so you could have like 2 or 3 slices and then still stay within plan...sometimes we think we cannot eat something when we can IF we eat in moderation....Also I did what you are doing at first to - but then I got serious and the weight started coming off, and once that happened I was on a roll and no one ( or any food ) is stopping me from getting to goal this year...you CAN do it!!!!

Julie - Dont feel so bad, they sometimes are bodies are more hungry for a few days, at least you are not snacking on junk...although maybe you should have stayed away from the chocolate!!!! ha!!

I will keep Gigglez family in my prayers....

Faye - Good job on the list, I am still thinking about it, I have alot of them...

Hope everyone has a good morning!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:29 AM   #5  

Thumbs down

GOOD MORNING LADIES....I will keep Sandy in my prayers....yesterday was a 4 POINT DAY WHOOOHOOO!!!....AS FAR AS THE POLL FOR YESTERDAY....I couldn't: feel confident about myself..I couldn't do SQUATS...I couldn't do pushups..I couldn't walk from the house to the mailbox without having to sit when I got back to the house..I couldn't run and play with the kids like I wanted to...I couldn't stand for long without my legs and feet hurting...I couldn't fit in some of the rides that we often go to at the theme park...I couldn't drum up any kind of energy to get me through the day..I could go on and on...and it is totally amazing what you are limited too when you have more weight than your body can handle...but you know what???? ...I CAN:....WALK 3-5 MILES AT A TIME WITH NO PROMBLEMS...I CAN WALK AND FEEL CONFIDENT..I CAN DO SQUATS...I CAN RUN AND PLAY WITH MY KIDS...[AND THEY CAN'T CATCH ME]...I CAN STAND A LOT MORE THROUGH THE DAY WITHOUT MY LEGS AND FEET HURTING...I CAN FIT IN THE RIDES AT THE THEME PARK ...[EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE SOME I WONT RIDE]...AND ENERGY....I CAN DRUM UP ENERGY ALL DAY AND INTO THE NIGHT...NOTHING HOLDS ME DOWN NOW...GOSH,IT IS AMAZING WHAT JUST TAKING OFF 10% OF YOU WEIGHT CAN DO FOR SELF CONFIDENCE ,NOT TO MENTION YOUR ENDURANCE....AND I WILL:...FIT INTO MY BLACK JEANS...I WILL REACH MY GOAL BY DECEMBER 31ST 2004...I WILL IMPROVE MY HEALTH ...I WILL SUCCEED !!!!!...I WILL WEAR A BATHING SUIT THIS SUMMER AND NOT COVER IT UP...I WILL TAKE A MARTIAL ARTS CLASS...AND THE LIST IS ENDLESS AT WHAT I WILL ACCOMPLISH....THIS IS A GREAT SELF -ESTEAM BOOSTER FAYE....WELL, again I will begin another day closer to my BLACK JEANS...will check in later ladies...take care and work hard towards another successful day....love and hugs to all...Joy
jloo1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:53 AM   #6  

Good morning!
Feeling great this morning once again.
4 points for yesterday.

Something interesting came up last night in a discussion: what do we do to make ourselves happy...that doesn't work: watching a lot of television, over use of alcohol, things that distract us from the world and our own life. Of course food came to mind. We all enjoy sweets and fats, because lets face it...they taste good. But in the end we are nowhere near happy. Just a thought I wanted to share.

I hope everyone is doing well. Julie, don't beat yourself up too much for the snacking, just work on it.

Have a great day!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:16 PM   #7  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all!

Well I went to my WW class - I've put on 2lb. But that is not too bad, I can lose that in a week no problem! I thought it was going to be much worse - things didn't start well when my lightweight trousers that I always wear to weigh in felt far too tight, so i had to wear some heavier ones! I've had PMS and water retention for over 2 weeks now - my period is 10 days late - but don't worry, I'm not pregnant (I don't think so!). I think it is down to stress - things have been very tough over the past few weeks, so it's probably affecting my body.

I got 3 points yesterday.

I am going to have a really strict month to try to give my weight loss a boost - i agree with you Carri, once the weight really starts coming off, I won't want to do anything to spoil that!

Take care

Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:28 PM   #8  

Thumbs down

JUST A QUICK THOUGHT...WHAT WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT REASON THAT PROMPTED YOU TO LOOSE THE WEIGHT AND GET HEALTHY...FOR ME,when I realized I was facing some real health issues that would soon lead to death..it was the cold hard facts of what I was doing to myself and said this is enough of this...no one can change this but me...my choice and no one could do this but me...and being raised with food as a big part of rewards and love ,and entertaining,big family get togethers, it just played such a big part of my life ..cooking the old way..lot's of seasonings of the wrong kind,there was major thinking and changing to accomplish....NOW, I totally think different and do things differently...like the way I cook being the biggest thing....amazing how changing simple little things can bring big changes...was just doing some thinking as I was working outside ...it's such a beautiful day here...60 and sunny,with a slightly cool breeze ...just thinking our goals are just around the corner and we can succeed,all we have to do is make that turn...clmb out of that hole and live that life ...it's out there and it's up to us to make the most of it..... love all of yall....later...Joy
Old 03-10-2004, 01:53 PM   #9  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

A 3pt day for me yesterday never seem to get (or want to ) that water in also managed to get 3mls in on the treadmill this morning even tho' my darn foot is hurting down the side don't know why but i'm not going to let it stop me went to Walmart yesterday and even tho' all the chocolate bars where calling out my name i walked right by them and that was really hard to do i can tell you.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:04 PM   #10  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie
Faye
Carri
Amanda
Susan
Joy
Cat

Let me clarify something for things I say regarding this from now on. When I tell someone they should give something up forever or for an extended period of time, it is for things you simply don't seem to be able to keep in control and most of us have at least one of those things. I agree with Carri, with regards to Amanda and pizza that changing the type she eats etc is helpful, but again IF you cannot control it, GET RID OF IT! I firmly believe there are things in our lives that we just cannot get over the top of and for our betterment, the only recourse is to get it out of our lives!

Whooopeee! I got a BMI today and have lost 4.5% body fat since December!

Gotta go get Jack from work. Man am I ever bushed from the house cleaning! It was a real job today combined with the fact the little one came downstairs with, "Nonny, I am hungry can you fix me some pancakes?" I told him he would have to wait for his mom, but I should have known they were little frozen ones in the freezer (she is NOT a scratch cook, bless her) and so I fixed him breakfast and cleaned it up, then went back to cleaning her house. My muscles are screaming so I may take a night off from treadmill work.

Gotta run!

Faye
Old 03-11-2004, 01:03 AM   #11  

Good Evening all
On a happy note: I seem to have worked going to the gym into my regualar schedule. I go straight there from somewhere else...so I don't have to be sitting at home thinking "should I?"..its just too bad my entire schedule is changing soon.
On a frustrating note: What do I do with my life? I'm just a little lost at the moment...here's the story...I'm an english major...I intend to be an english teacher someday...I'm also theater minor...I love theater, its just in me. So I have this choice...stick with the origional plan, or, double major in those two subjects. The thought of the double major makes me rather happy, I love theater that much. BUT that would require an extra year to complete and that much more $$$. blah. That's just my vent Wednesday woe I guess.

Last edited by Scuzin; 03-11-2004 at 01:08 AM.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 06:16 AM   #12  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and find time for you today!
Later ladies

Faye
Old 03-11-2004, 07:57 AM   #13  

Morning Ladies,

2 points again yesterday........sigh. Got the exercise and water. I think I'm suffering from phs (premature hallucinations of spring!) Last week I was so motivated and excited, cuz it was in the 40s and 50s. Now it's back to grey and cold, and after all it is still March. The snow is melting, but not fast enough. The ice is still 3 feet thick on the ponds.......oh well. I'm just gonna keep on keepin' on until the blahs pass.

Susan, about the theater major thing. I was a theater major, spent 10 years in various colleges, never did get a degree cuz I couldn't decide what I was going to do. THe only thing you need a theater major for is to teach theater in a college! Unless you need your Equity card and are going on the road with a broadway touring company, no one is going to much care if you were a theater minor/major or even anything. Most directors and producers of local and community theater will just be grateful for your help, no matter what your training. Now, if you intend to make a living in the theater.....get that major, but you better be totally committed because there's about a million other theater geeks out there that want the same job you do and therer aren't that many jobs!!! IMHO, stick with the English degree. At least you'll be able to get a job, AND you will still be able to do all the theater stuff too. NOw, if you have the funds to go to school longer.....that's another story. Just my two cents. (I'm only a little bitter about the fact that everyone told me to "have fun" at college and never mentioned that pesky "you gotta find a job when you get out" thing. )

Amanda, Great Attitude about your weight gain! You'll melt it off this week, I'm sure.

Faye, I sure hope your daughter pays you to clean her house!!!!! My mom would bust a gut if I suggested she clean for me. Great news about the BMI!

Cat, I've had a pain in the side of my foot for about a month now. Right down the top of the foot on the right side. Guess I might have sprained it or something.

Well, gotta fly.......lots to do today.
Later,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 08:18 AM   #14  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls

Well I am still frozen, woke up this morning and it was 62 degrees in the house!! the heat was not working, I got up and checked around ( after I made sure that I paid the bill, ha ) and I didnt see anything but my husband will need to check it when he gets up...funny that on the coldest night we have had in a while - the heat goes out ... I really dont need a repair bill right now so I am keeping my fingers crossed that dh can fix...

I had 4 points yesterday !!! I got outside and walked, today will be another story though, 36 degrees for a high I think, way too cold....
Julie - I am with you, I have had it with the ups and downs of temps, I want SPRING !!!

Have a good one all !!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:33 AM   #15  

Thumbs down

GOOD MORNING LADIES...another 4 point day yesterday...it was so beautiful yesterday,around 65,sunny and we spent the majority of the day outside...I managed to work my gazelle for 30 minutes ,and did 25 squats and 25 leglifts...outside I was constantly movin..planted 3 rosebuhes,then built a treless around them and painted them...it is so pretty,I painted it apple red,and put some old wagon wheels around them that I had gotten from Virginia a long time ago...I simply love this time of year....we got our renewal for the ymca yesterday...it has went to 500.00 per year,..it was 400.00...thank Goodness my hubby's company pays for half of it....they promote corporate health..so that's a plus...Faye ,great job on the BMI girl...you go!!! my hubby took the week off,so we are doing some things around the house...we are gonna go see the movie Passion For Christ friday night,,,my best friend is having my children over for a spendover,so we have some time to ourselves.. we switch back and forth...I keep her two boys and she keeps mine...this way we get time to ourself and it cost us nothing,the kids have ball cause they are friends..it is so nice to have friends ...such as all of you...where would we be without all the love and support...well,I must run and get in gear..kinda lazin this morning...all of you have a super terrific motivated day!!!...love and hugs to all...Joy