Old 03-05-2004, 06:17 PM   #1  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 10

Okay, welcome to Week 10.

My goals this week are:

1. Maintain last week's goals.
2. Swap rice vinegar for salad dressing.
3. No "flex points" to be used this week.

Everyone have a great weekend and here's to staying OP!!!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 12:01 PM   #2  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello? Anyone there? Just me, huh?

Well, I did pretty well this weekend until yesterday. Had one too many helpings of corn on the cob and halibut. I am up a couple pounds this morning, but hope to hunker down and have a good three days before weigh in.

Hubby returned from Hawaii and we are all happy he's home.

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Chach
Old 03-08-2004, 12:15 PM   #3  

chach yesterday could have been worse. it could have been something other than veg. or fish. i too had a great weekend. i am down 4.5 lbs. for the week. i attribute it to just finishing tom, because i did not get in a whole lot of exercise last week, food was ok but could have been better. hope you have a great monday. talk to you later.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:22 PM   #4  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Chequita, look at how close you are to under 300!!! Oh my goodness,we are going to need to party in a couple of weeks. Great for you! I am so excited for you. You have done a wonderful job!

I am excited also because I am getting the Gazelle this week/weekend. Do you know what that is? It's the Tony Little machine and I think it looks like fun. Exercise being fun? No way!!

Dan leaves this weekend, right? Have fun, Dan!

Chach
Old 03-08-2004, 03:26 PM   #5  

chach let me know how you like the gazelle. i think it looks awesome, but you are right, exercise fun? i can hardly wait to be in twoterville. 299 lbs. sounds so much smaller than 356 lbs. and for me 57 lbs. will be a major accomplishment.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:21 PM   #6  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Chequita, I agree that is has been an amazing accomplishment. In a very short amount of time, also! It should make you feel good and also really be curious how much smaller you will be by year's end!

I'll let you know how I like the Gazelle once I get it home.

Chach
Old 03-09-2004, 11:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Sorry that I haven't logged on in a while; been real busy getting ready to leave on Saturday - - yes, this Saturday! So much to do . . . Dieting has been just ok; I am going to try to do well the next several days and then not worry too much about it until I get back.

Chequita: That is some awesome progress. I am really excited for you.

Chach: no flex points, huh? Are you sure that is a good idea? You don't want to slow your metabolism down too much by unduly restricting the calories.

I have not been feeling well. Both Linda and I came down with very similar symptoms late yesterday afternnon. We both skipped dinner and went straight to bed after getting home from work. Good thing I had prepped the kids dinner yesterday morning. Anyway, the dog was barking non-stop last night. I finally had to move her into my bedroom, which just gets the cats all agitated. ONly slept a couple of hours. So, now I'm dragging my tail when I really need to get a lot of stuff done. Oh well, I will be ready when Saturday comes, that is for certain!

I will try to log on again in a couple of days before leaving. Be well

Dan
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:09 PM   #8  

dan, i hope you get to feeling better. wow sat. that is so great. hope you have a great time. i don't blame you, i wouldn't worry about dieting while i was on my vacation either. take care and talk at you later.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:17 PM   #9  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi All!

Dan: The flex points are additional points over the regular ones for the day. They give you an extra 35 per week. I don't want to use those so much, because I am actually getting ready for the point reduction next week. If I lose 0.2 pounds this week, then I am down 2 points per day, new weight category. I am actually finding I am leaving around 5 over a day. Good luck on the dieting. Have fun and relax. Vacations are to be enjoyed, and be sure you and your wife do that. Heck, have a margarita for me!!!

Chequita: Looks like it will be just you and me for a week or so. We are going to keep up this great streak we are on, right?

Weigh in tomorrow. I am going to try and not get so stressed out over the whole thing. I think that lends itself to not showing as much of a loss, with all that adrenaline pumping because I am so nervous. I need to chill out and relax. I am almost 100% positive I will lose the 0.2 and get that bookmark. I'd like to show a 3 pound loss.

Take care!

Chach
Old 03-09-2004, 03:44 PM   #10  

chach, i love your positive attitude. that bookmark is as good as yours. keep up the good work. and i hope we will be able to make it without dan, off having so much fun without us. just kidding, i hope dan and his wife have a great time. talk to you later.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:44 PM   #11  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Chequita, thanks for the kind words! I am hoping that tonight will be bookmark night! I am really hoping for about 2 or 3 pounds lost. We will see if that happens. Gotta keep the thoughts light and happy.

Dan probably won't even think about us once! Oh, the shame! Just kidding! I am sure he's not even going to have time to do anything but kick back and relax!

I'll check in tomorrow morning with hopefully a loss!

Chach
Old 03-10-2004, 03:55 PM   #12  

alright chach my fingers are crossed for you no doubt in my mind you will do great. talk to you in the manana.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:08 AM   #13  

all right, good morning. chach how did last night go? come on i am waiting to see. talk to you soon.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:40 AM   #14  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hey Chequita!

Good news. I am not only the proud new owner of my first 5 pound loss bookmark, but I also lost a total of 4.2 last week, bringing my 3 week total up to 9 pounds!!!! One pound shy of my next 5 pound star!!! I am so excited! I didn't think I would do that well, but the scales gods were good to me!!!!

Okay, goals for this week:

1. Maintain previous goals, except for the "No flex points". I'll use them if I need them.
2. Practice "switching" at least a couple times a day. That is the practice of swaping out a bad eating habit in your mind for a good one. i.e. Imagine the candy bar going into the mouth, then switch that with the image of a healthy snack going in your mouth. It's a good concept and helps to get rid of those bad habits. My habit I am focusing on switching this week is the mindless tv eating. I'm really bad about that. I'm going to swap the image of the food going into my mouth for an image of me knitting and drinking water.

Hope you have a great day/week!!!

Chach
Old 03-11-2004, 05:41 PM   #15  

i never had a doubt. you go girl!!! CONGRATS!!!! my hat is off to you. keep up the good work. talk at you soon.