Old 03-09-2004, 08:34 PM   #1  
soontobethin

Default Stay at home moms #134

Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better!
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:35 PM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Just wanted to laugh......
Candy,

My hubby calls it "lovin' " too
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:38 PM   #3  
2BoysMom

Too funny Candy!

Thanks for the wallet/makeup bag idea.

TTYL!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:33 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Talking

Hi Ladies ! How is everyone doing?

I bought the Crunch Fat Burning Pilates DVD last night from Wal-Mart. It is the first time I have ever done Pilates. I have to say I enjoyed it. I have not been working out like I should and I love working out. It makes me feel great.

I have to catch up on some of hubby's bookwork so I will check back in later

Have a great Humpday,
Penny
Old 03-10-2004, 09:37 AM   #5  

Spryng - Mona Lisa Smile! Loved it. It is nice to know that they still make good movies. Hope the fever clears. DH has to go with me when we get shots.

Andrea, Candy - I am going to continue with the nursing. He is not really biting, but it seems like he is tugging harder. Had dinner with the family last night and my SIL has a 10 week old and 2 1/2 year old. She goes back to work next week. She didn't even try to breastfeed her kids b/c she was going to go back to work. I know it does not work for all, but she could have tried. Of course, I have not told her that myself. Feels good to get it out.

Geri - I agree that the older we get the more fun. I am 29 but looking forward to the years to come. My mom is 53 and she could pass for early 40's, good Asian genes. Hope I get some of them.

JW is taking his nap early today, so I missed the morning aerobics class. Planning on getting a workout this afternoon. Have a great day ladies!

My sister and BIL who live in Philly are making a suprise visit this weekend. DH and I are the only ones that know and we are picking them up from the airport. Had to tell someone.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Melinda, I did love Mona Lisa Smile. A very neat story. I loved all the younger women's acting, they are all the future oscar winners someday. And sorry that the fact that your SIL never wanted to breast feed gets to you. Some women just don't want to do it for various reasons. I tried with Ava but she was only 5 lbs 2 oz born at full term and when we brought her home from the hospital she was 4 lbs 11 oz and was too small to latch on, she started losing more weight so just after 5 days of trying we had to put her on formula and I never tried again with my other two because I went into a bad postpartum depression after that incidence because I felt like a failure. And now I am happy with my choice, it made night time feedings easier because DH could do it too and we could get some extra sleep and had him feeling like he was part of the process and it didn't ruin my breasts. I know that is vain, lol, but I've seen what breast feeding can do to breasts and in most cases it isn't pretty So I think it is wonderful when women can breastfeed or pump, it really is the best, but I also think highly of the women who can't or won't. But that is just my 2 cents, lol. I hope you have a great time with your sister and BIL this weekend! Sounds exciting! How long will they be in?
Penny, I have The Crunch Pilates too. Is it the one with the 10 minute segments for abs, butt, and thighs?? That is the one I have and I love it!! It also has a 10 min total body workout too which I've only done once. But I love to to all three other segments for a nice 30 min workout. Let us know how you like it.
Geri, you could also put in a gift card in your purse, or maybe a couple small but really cute picture frames. But candles are a great idea because women love beautiful candles. At least I do
I can't remember what everyone wrote on the last thread. Sorry. Ricci, thanks for starting the new thread but you forgot to post your own post. How are you doing??
Well, we had garlic and herb baked chicken last night with red beans and rice and broccoli for the sides and it was very good! I didn't realize that red beans and rice was so low in pts! I love that. Plus lots of good protein and fiber in it. I have no clue what is for dinner tonight. I'm trying to use what I have in the pantry and in the freezers before I go shopping. I'll have to go check it out and see. I know I have some skinless, boneless chicken thighs, so maybe something with that in it.
So I'm sticking around the house today getting some cleaning done and some laundry caught up. That is a never ending battle for me. I hate laundry so much. lol. But it is something that has to be done until public nudity is accepted, lol. ok, TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:15 AM   #7  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies,

Spryng, like the picture frame idea. They have some really neat ones out there that are small .. the purse isn't all that big so that would work. So would a gift card.

Melinda, I didn't try to breastfeed at all. It just wasn't for me ... the whole idea of it turned me off. Spryng, there's already no hope for my breasts...breastfeeding or not . I have a lot of respect for anyone who breastfeeds and I know that there's a different kind of bond there, but you can really build a strong one when bottle feeding too. I guess I didn't do anything the "natural" way as both were also c sections. Will was breech and Tony's was my choice, but that actually worked in our favor because it turned out Tony's cord was around his neck which could have been a huge problem had I had him naturally.

I didn't get a workout in this morning either. Just didn't feel like it. I have to run to the jewelry store to pick up a ring that I had repaired (lost a stone somewhere ) then I have a haircut this afternoon so have to get the kiddies lunch and to my Mom's so she can watch them. I'll get on the treadmill or something tonight after Dh gets home.

I'll have to rent Mona Lisa Smiles. I always like Julia Robert's movies and a good chick flick is always nice.

Hi Ricci, Candy, Andrea, Penny (glad you like your Pilates), Ginny, Jackie...anyone I may have missed. Tony's bugging me to play so I have to go.

TTYL
Old 03-10-2004, 10:42 AM   #8  

Spryng, Geri - I have no idea what kind of shape my breast will be in after nursing. I have increased two cups sizes, C to E. My Dh has said that I can have a reduction if they don't go down. I can't jump in aerobics like I could before. But we all go thru changes. Didn't mean to be offensive to anyone. It really is a personal choice. lol

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:57 AM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Just a short hello.....this cold is kicking me a bit and I have a full plate this am. Slept in, hoping that maybe the extra rest would help. Who knows??????

Melinda- once you are done nursing, you will most likely go back to very near the cup size you were.....I really do not notice much of a change, and I nursed all 3 of mine.

Spryng- glad the movie was good and that you are feeling better today. Hang in there with all the house work, gosh it sure does seem unending at times!!!!!! Can you hang out the laundry? I know it is more work, but for me at times the act of doing so (and catching some sun) does wonders. But your family is younger than mine also......aw, just an idea.

Geri- sounds like you have a busy day on tap too. Hope it goes well and you get that workout in.

Penny- welcome back!!!!!! Glad you like your new video.

Ricci-thanks for starting a new thread.

Guess I'd better go- I am sort of taking it slow today.....well slow for me! Have a good day.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:00 AM   #10  

Oh no Melinda, you weren't being offensive at all! I know people feel strongly about breastfeeind vs bottle feeding and that is just fine with me. We are allowed our opinions. And yes, are bodies go through so many changes with pregnancy and after. Your breasts will shrink when you wean so you probably won't need a reduction. I loved having larger breasts when I was pregnant, drying up for me was the most painful thing ever. I swelled to a size DD and that is huge since I barely fit into a B before getting pregnant and they hurt so much. I don't want to go through that again. But I know it is easier for those who have been breastfeeding for a while and gradually cut back. But don't ever worry about offending me or most of us here. It's so great that you are able to give your child the best milk out there and I wasn't trying to make you feel bad earlier, sorry if it came off that way. I know you are a great mother, and that is what we are all trying to be here, the best we can be.
Geri, enjoy your haircut!! I haven't had one since Feb of last year!!!! I need one really bad too. A trim at least.
Well my living room looks nice but I am itching to rearrange the furniture for some reason. I know it's impossible because everything is so heavy. Guess I'll have to wait until DH comes home on the 19th. We are putting up a wall when he comes home too and doing some light painting. As most of you know we moved our kitchen and laundry rooms around a few months after moving in here. The kitchen used to be TINY and our laundry room was in the dining room and was quite large so we switched rooms. Now we have a nice sized kitchen/dining room and a nice sized laundry room, but the laundry room is open to the kitchen so we want to put a wall up and close it off (put in a door of course) and that would make it look tidier, and we would also need to paint the new wall and surrounding walls. I'm looking forward to it. I told my Dh last time he left that the next time he came in we would complete that laundry room. And when the wall goes up it will create a little nook for a desk and computer so I can get it out of my bedroom at last. All this year I want to work on this house. Since we bought the van we decided we'd stay here for a few more years therefore I want this house more to my liking. My bedroom used to be a family room so we had to put up closets and they aren't finishes. We need to finish the frames around them and put up doors. I also want to redo the living room walls (new sheetrock, molding, etc) and paint it, finish off the laundry room, expand the bathroom and tile it, etc. So I want to try and do one project about every other visit DH gets to come home. So I guess one project a month. Maybe by the end of the year our house will look like my home I always wanted to create in the space I have available. We'll see.
Well, I need to get off of here. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 03-10-2004, 11:03 AM   #11  

Ginny, you snuck in on me! lol. Hope that extra rest you got helps your cold. I would love to hang dry my clothes, it really would help me get it done and put away. But I don't have a line or pins. Maybe I can get some this friday. I actually brought that up to my Dh not long ago and he though I was crazy for wanting to hang dry clothes. But growing up we never had a dryer so we hung everything outside and it was wonderful to do in the spring and early summer when the weather was so perfect. And we'd fold it as we took it off the line so it got put away as soon as we went inside. Wow, that really makes me want a clothes line, lol. Well, I hope you have a good day too despite feeling crummy. TTYL!
Old 03-10-2004, 11:08 AM   #12  
2BoysMom

Melinda, no offense taken!!

I love to hang clothes outside...but right now they would freeze!! Come on spring!

OK, gotta get moving! Ginny, hope you're feeling better soon!
Old 03-10-2004, 11:47 AM   #13  
soontobethin

Good morning all,
Spryng, I didn't forget to post my reply, Just when I was going to, my youngest ds started screaming, so I went to see why,came back, and dh was on ebay. Oh well. I did my aerobics this morning, but I didn't even sweat. I got my heart rate up though, and hoping I burned something off. I have noticed since starting my pilates that my stomach is getting flatter. After only 3 weeks. Now if I can just get rid of these streach marks. How did that cream work, Spryng?
Ginny, I hope you get feeling better. Melinda, I too have great respect for any woman who breast feeds. Both of mine refused to latch on. Tried for a couple of days with each one, wasn't working. But, to each theri own. Hi to Geri, Andrea, Candy,Misty and anyone I may have missed
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:22 PM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Talking

Ok, I have to put my 5 cents in too

I breastfed my oldest son and now my youngest son. My middle child was difficult when he was born....... and come to think of it......

He has never changed.....

Be back later when Andrew is not fussing to go nighty nite!

I just had a stupid question that I have been wondering about with other SAHM's .....

Do you where make-up everyday?

I do only when I am going somewhere but I was curious ???

Penny
Old 03-10-2004, 12:28 PM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Thanks for all the good wishes....came online because I forgot to renew something at the library web site.

Penny- to answer your question, I wear makeup most of the time- feel rather naked without it. How about you?

Spryng- well it sure is the time of year to move furniture.....I am notorious for doing so- a cheap way to redecorate!!!!! Hope your patience holds out for another week.

Ricc- congrats on your stomach getting flatter....maybe I should try Pilates?

Geri- I have done the frozen wash thing....thought I would get a jump start on spring. actually for the first 3 years we were married we had no dryer (until Dh installed one in the house) boy that was interesting with NY winters!!!!

Off for another cup of tea......it is all that is keeping me alive today.
See ya
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote