South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-21-2018, 10:43 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Weekly Chat 5/21 to 5/27

Good morning,

Busy day at work this morning. Yesterday finished weeding and then did put first coat of paint on outside basement wall. Today is DH birthday so we are going out to dinner, planning on eating healthy at the restaurant.

Debbie prayers for successful surgery for your sister today.

Beth have a great day

to Ruth and Isa

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:08 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon.

Yesterday I managed to eat lots of veggies....and dessert. Today is shaping up to be a totally OP day so maybe the water weight will start to come off. Sigh. Maintaining is harder than losing!

Pearlrose, I am looking forward to yardwork as it looks like we will have a nice week weather wise. Happy birthday to your DH.

Debbie, thoughts and prayers.

Have a good evening all.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:31 AM   #3  

Good morning,

Beth yesterday I had 3 bites of DH Birthday cake but other than that managed to eat very clean at the restaurant. Today I have a meeting they are providing lunch from Panera, so I already ordered a salad from the menu to stay on track today and then I have a meeting after work. I was going to try and wiggle out of saying I forgot but my co worker reminded about it yesterday so I will go support him. lol

Beth lots of water and op should take the water weight off.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:08 PM   #4  

Rose, good job on the birthday dinner. I need to learn to stop after 3 bites! lol

2 days of eating OP and the water weight is starting to go. I find it usually takes me about 3 days...of course then I will be looking at a long weekend and so will have to stay focused.

Nothing special today at work or home. I have been taking things out of the freezer for dinner. Sometimes it is easy to get lazy and not thaw anything out but it works so much better when I plan ahead. Somehow that took me 50 years to learn! Not really, but you get my drift...
Old 05-23-2018, 07:00 AM   #5  

Last and first.

Nothing much on today's agenda; work and then afterwards I may help DH do some mowing. We got a little behind with the lawn since we were gone last weekend and also had to wait for a parts order to arrive. Push mowing counts as exercise for sure.

Debbie, hope the surgery went well and your sister is healing.

Rose, what is DD doing to keep busy now that school is over? Does she have summer programs? NY schools keep going most of June.

to Ruth and Isa

Have a good day. It's the Peak of the Week.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:09 AM   #6  

Good morning,

I was proud of myself last night didn't have any greasy fries that were ordered as appetizers for the event and only had water to drink and ate something light when I got home but it was a late dinner which I hate because I go to bed early. Today is wfh and I need to pack and clean the house this evening, because we are leaving on Friday and tomorrow I have to go into work first thing and then we are going to a movie tomorrow night.

Beth, DD2 has band practice for guard a lot during the summer and next month we are gone for 2 weeks for conference/vacation.

Debbie hope the surgery went well for your sister

Old 05-23-2018, 09:29 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Sister surgery went well but it was a very long day. Thanks for the kind wishes!

I was very tired yesterday but got a lot done in between. Went to bed early. I just got up and I feel tired still but will face the day.

Rose, great job on not eating the greasy stuff. Where is your trip this weekend?

Beth, mowing and yardwork is certainly exercise in my book. Glad you got caught up with the lawn.

I bought a bunch of plants the last few days so I better get them planted somewhere.

Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:41 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

A busy day but fun. Weather is very nice right now. Got essentials accomplished and then sister and I went down to the greenhouses. I came home with a climbing rose, a lilac and some cucumber plants. I’m going to take a little rest while it’s hot outside and maybe get my cucumbers planted in the greenhouse tonight.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:05 PM   #9  

Debbie, the greenhouse is at the top of my list for tomorrow! We have a 4 day weekend; they added Friday as a unused snow day.

Lovely day here; did a little mowing when I came home. Tacobake for dinner; I haven't made it for a while and it was good.

This weekend will be focused on yard and garden. I think the weather will cooperate.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:59 AM   #10  

Good morning,

Getting ready to hit the road, so excited to see everyone. I wasn't good last night, had Chinese food, on to a new day. Not sure what food choices will be available but will do my best. Have a great weekend everyone
Old 05-25-2018, 01:04 PM   #11  

Have a great trip, Pearlrose! It is nice you can see your family. (and I hear you about the "choices while traveling" issue. I was gone 3 days last weekend and came back up 2+ pounds. It took 3-4 days of OP eating to lose that)

DH and I have been out running errands and now I have a car load of plants waiting for attention. I also have some new fencing for the veggie garden. Looks like I have the weekend's work cut out for me!
Old 05-25-2018, 05:54 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Safe travels, Rose!

Beth, it sounds like you have a full weekend ahead! Rewarding after such a long winter you had.

I am home from work. I could certainly go out in the garden do some things but I think I need a little rest first. It was busy at the restaurant and I’m sure this weekend will be crazy.

I am picking a protein out of the freezer for dinner Because he deems that I’m by myself. Kirk is at Glenwood. I have a nice salad with and it works for staying on plan. See you all tomorrow!
Old 05-26-2018, 08:30 AM   #13  

Good morning!

As long as the weather cooperates it will be yard and garden work today. I got some annuals planted yesterday; pulled out a dead spirea and replaced it with a hydrangea but now it will be planting the herbs and veggies. I have a little raised bed for herbs and things like lettuce, carrots and radishes. Of course I also have my new roll of fencing to deal with...

Have a great day chicks!
Old 05-27-2018, 12:17 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hello!

Beth, all your gardening sounds just wonderful! I hope you got a lot accomplished today!

It’s been a full day. I started at the laundromat for early cleaning, then to the restaurant, then to my neighbors graduation party next-door, a little rest, then back to the laundromat. I cleaned tonight so I don’t have to do it in the morning. I don’t have to be to work till 630 so I will sleep in. LOL

This is the most heavenly week of the year in our in little Valley. Our town is 3 miles long and three blocks wide with mountains on both sides and a river running through. Most of the houses were built in the late 1800s and early 1900s and many have historic lilacs, apple trees and various other blooming varieties. Everything is in full bloom right now and the nights are cool. The air is just filled with perfume. I was afraid I was going to miss it while in California a week from tomorrow, but because of our early spring I get to enjoy it. Last year we had a heavy snow on 21 May and it wiped out the majority of the blooms. My cherry tree is just heavy with flowers and it looks like it should be a good crop.

The neighbors are going to party long into the night. It’s a combination of parents and kids. It seems they turned the music down and I really don’t hear much in my old brick house. Glad they can enjoy it!

Good night, friends!
Old 05-27-2018, 07:58 PM   #15  

Debbie, I'm really happy with the garden. Taking down the old fence was quite a chore, since the sod had started to grow around the bottom but we are all set now: veggies and new fencing! I still need to find 1 or 2 annuals to fill a hole in my raised bed but otherwise that looks good. Now I just need to weed and add mulch to the blueberries, trim back some dead stuff....etc....You know how perennial beds are. I agree about the flowering trees and shrubs: the last week or 2 has been gorgeous!

Food was so so this weekend; I will clean it up tomorrow.Weight is steady though.

Pearlrose, hope you are having a good trip!

Have a good evening.