General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-17-2018, 09:57 AM   #1  

Default Ryanair seatbelts length

Canary117New Member

Hi

So I know I'm big. I' in the process of losing (currently 23 stone ish and 5ft 11)- I fit fine on the virgin plane i flew last week there and back with an extender only needed on the return flight.. It was a bit tight but plane seats are. I am a UK size 26 /28

However I am terrified of the Ryanair flight I have in a week. I should fit in the seat especially cause I'm sitting next to a friend but I'm terrified about the seatbelt.

I spoke to Ryanair livechat and they said the belts are 30 inches and the extender only adds 14 inches max (which seems really small compared to other planes. I always thought extenders added like 20 inches!) I' even more scared now that i won' fit EVEN with an extendor. Has anyone got any Ryanair experience? I'm losing sleep over this and having panic attacks every night
Canary115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:52 AM   #2  
Maggie

S/C/G: 215/154.2/~111 or so

Height: 5'5"

I've never flown Ryanair before, but I think some people bring their own seat belt extenders on flights sometimes. That way you can get a longer one for personal use. Otherwise I would go back and talk to the airline about your concerns. Ask them what they can/will do if the extender isn't enough when you're on the plane, or what you can do (can you bring your own extender, if that's what you decide?), etc.

It's likely they've had bigger clients than you before, so there's probably something that can be done. It sounds like it's a stressful situation, so I hope things will get sorted soon and you can relax on your flight.
Chanticleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:54 PM   #3  

it also depends if its been damaged in the past and shortend a little during repair if not replaced.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 11-17-2019 at 01:15 PM.
amzounslide95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:15 AM   #4  

Seat belts are generally pretty much the same on all airlines, however what happens often is that during maintenance when the ends are frayed they just cut off and re-stitch the end of the belt, so it becomes shorter and shorter until it is unusable then it is replaced. Especially at Ryanair I'd imagine this to be common, so try get on early and see if surrounding seats have longer belts if yours is too short and then ask to switch.

Lucky Patcher Kodi nox

Last edited by clarc; 01-12-2020 at 09:43 AM.
clarc is offline   Reply With Quote