South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-22-2018, 07:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Chat 4/22 - 4/28

Good morning everyone. Life just seems to be getting busier lately. I am taking a break from the forum for a little while. I’ve been trying to unplug from technology. I will keep following the SB principles as they have truly worked at changing my way of eating. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed “meeting” and spending time with all of you. This has been a wonderful support group. I wish everyone continued success. Please feel free to friend request me if you are on Facebook. I am listed as Jennifer Ann. I am keeping Facebook as my DIL is a FB junkie so it is easy to stalk, I mean keep up with their happenings. Thank you for being here all these years. Your friendship has been a blessing. I will check in from time to time. Take care -Jennifer
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:50 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Jekel completely understand the need to unplug, will miss your check ins to this forum. I have down scaled my technology presence as well.

Today is rainy but mild day, high in the 50s again. I finished painting the basement wall yesterday, today will be putting that side of the basement back together and going through everything.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 01:14 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Hi chicks.

Pearlrose, we finally seem to have spring. Sunny and 50s today. I am enjoying looking at the sun even when I am inside.

Jennifer, I understand and have often thought I should limit my technology on days at home. It seems to be a common thought among my peers and colleagues, we spend too much time in the virtual world.

Trying hard not to mindlessly snack this weekend. I will plan a small indulgence after dinner but be thoughtful of SB eating the rest of the day!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:43 AM   #4  

Very sunny and warm today. (finally!) I will plan on lots of raking in the yard and maybe clean up a few flower beds.

Food has been mostly OP; going for another good day of eating. It drives DH nuts but it really helps me to plan out the whole day.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning,

It rained all day yesterday, and it is supposed to rain all day today. I might end up making chicken soup or chilli for dinner. DS2 got sick on Saturday feeling very tired, fever and cough. I really don't understand why his getting sick so much lately. He is been taking antibiotics since the 13th due to strep throat which he had not symptoms except bad headaches. He is feeling better today and ready to go to school. This morning, I have my annual appointment with the GYN and then I need to take DH to the airport. I have nothing else to do today except for my daily cleaning routine.

Hope you all have a great Monday!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:06 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Monday morning, Beachers. It truly feels like Spring is here - especially after last weekend's Ice storm and power outages all week.

We had an absolutely wonderful Spring weekend for the Delta Maple Festival - loads of folk walking the streets, helicopter rides over the two lakes almost all day and pancakes served to thousands of people until we ran out of pancake mix . We certainly lucked out on the weather and everyone will be grinning at coffee hour today. By the way, I did not have even a single pancake or sausage!

My front garden, ice and snow last weekend, is now green with bulbs popping up and there are snowdrops and crocus beside the walk to the side door. We even were able to sit outside for pre-dinner drinks and munchies when we went to my stepson's dinner party last night. Bed sure felt good!

I should go to quilting group today but am taking the day for some gardening. My friend Wendy, AKA Gardener On The Go, is coming today to put more mulch on my front beds and I need to clear some of the packed down leaves first. The quilting biddies, aka Victoria's Quilts, can get along without me although I definitely will still deliver quilts through out the Township.

Time to get into my gardening garb and head out to my pretties. Have a great say. Spring has definitely sprung!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:30 AM   #7  

Good morning,

It was a rainy day yesterday and it's a rainy day today as well. I got about 1/2 of the basement done, have 3 bags of clothes in my car to drop off for donations and now need to have a yard sale for some items. I need to run into work today for one meeting. My eating was not good over the weekend too much birthday cake for me so today it is back to Phase 1. I am going to try and do Phase 1 for a week and then move to Phase 1.5 I have a wedding at the end of next month and want to lose 8 lbs before that.

Beth it is so nice now that Spring is here, enjoy your time off

Ruth sounds like it was a great celebration over the weekend for you all

Isa I hope your DS feels better

Old 04-23-2018, 09:58 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

It’s just amazing how all of us in the northern climates went from winter to spring almost overnight! That’s a good thing!

I got home from work yesterday and was horizontal not doing a thing. Got the idea let’s just jump in the car and go to Glenwood which we did. Things are about two weeks ahead here and the weeds are going crazy and the lawns need to be mowed. We will do that today. First, the pool! I dug weeds for about a half an hour already which counts as exercise, Pool, laundromat deposit and return some shoes. I was hoping to just rest today but in my world that rarely happens.

Jennifer, thanks for getting us started! I certainly understand! See you on Facebook.

Ruth, good call ditching quilting for gardening. You certainly had a rough winter.

Beth, glad to hear, too, that you can get out and do some yardwork. I did not envy your winter this year. We were quite mild.

Rose, I’m going to try to join you on the big push. Think I am going to Alaska 14 May and would certainly like to drop a few pounds before then. I wanted to say belated happy birthday and also was so sorry to hear about your kitty.

Isa, sorry to hear your son is still not feeling well. I hope he gets better soon and chicken soup or chili might help.

I better get in and get some chores done so I can take everything with me when I head to the pool this morning. I need to make a call in a few minutes because we have a service person coming to the laundromat. Friday they have not told me when. If it’s this afternoon we will just have to drop things here and go back but we done that drive a million times so it’s not a big deal.

Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:08 AM   #9  

Good morning,

Another rainy day here, today is wfh for me. Yesterday after work went and stocked up on fresh food so all set for a good op week of eating. Was op all day yesterday and scale started moving back down, will take a few days to undo damage from the weekend.

Debbie Glenwood sounds like a nice break for you, did you end up having to go back over for the service person?

Old 04-24-2018, 09:55 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

They had scheduled my service appointment for Tuesday afternoon, today, so we get to stay. I’m just sitting outside enjoying some peace and quiet. We are going to pack up the car and stop at the pool for a half hour before we leave. It’s been a nice break for us so glad we decided to come over.

Rose, thanks for the inspiration yesterday. I managed a face one day and I’m planning for another today. Glad you get to WFH today !

Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:59 AM   #11  

Just popping in between errands. We already left DH's truck for an oil change; soon we will pick it up and leave my car for an inspection. In between I did a quick car wash and later I will get my hair done. That is called a productive day off!

Pearlrose, I am with you, it always takes 3-4 days of OP eating to undo a weekend splurge....and then it's the weekend again! I am glad wfh works for you but I think I would have a hard time not snacking all day.

Debbie, hope you have a good day and get a little down time.

Got to fly!
Old 04-25-2018, 07:46 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning,

I had a busy day yesterday, I met with the realtor and we went house hunting. It is sad to see how small are the new houses and the ones that are a bit bigger are either super old and need lots of work or way out of price range. I guess you have to pay for the area you want to live and we really like the area where we are. The schools are great and the place is good for the boys. DH and I even thought about moving back to Georgia or the Carolinas (he can live any where in USA as long there is a international airport near) The boys don't want to move, so I guess we are staying here in Orlando at least until they go to college.

DS2 is doing much better, I just wish his inmune system was stronger so he wouldn't get sick so often. I just need to keep reminding myself and be thankful because his illness are always little or nothing compare to so many kids suffering badly around the world.

This morning I need to do some cleaning and laundry. Then I need to pick up my meds and boys blood test results. I am not sure if I will be able to go to crochet group tonight.

Have a great Wednesday!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:30 AM   #13  

Good morning,

Woke up to a sunny day, yeah. Yesterday the sun came out about 3 p.m., so DD1 and I went for a walk in the evening after dinner, it was very nice. Today starting from home but right after my 8 a.m. conference call going into work for a day full of meetings and then tonight my manager and a coworker and I are going to a workshop so wont be home til late. Finally undid the damage from the weekend and plan is to continue op until the wedding, I think I might be able to do this time, feeling mentally strong and motivated (fingers crossed).

Debbie glad you got to stay a bit longer and enjoy.

Beth does sound like you had a productive day. For wfh I just trained myself not to snack and normally busy doing reports or conference calls, I do chew a lot of gum at home though lol

Isa good luck with house hunting, hopefully something will pop up that works for you. When DD2 was little she was hospitalized a couple of times, so gratefully that she outgrown her issues around 9.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:56 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!
I was on the site checking out the old on plan threads from a few years ago... trying to get a feel of what i use to live on back in my SBD days. Been calorie counting this past year, but its so much more difficult that way, so many cravings, so easy to mess up too. So I thought I would go back to the beach since i know it works. Thought I would pop in and say hello to everyone while perusing my old posts, hope everyone is doing fantastic.
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:30 AM   #15  

Good morning chicks.

Yesterday was a low key day; it was rainy so I didn't do outside work but I also didn't get much done inside. I guess a vacation should be about slow days mixed with productive ones.

I don't think I have lost any weight this week but I haven't gained. I have been particularly cognizant of my snacking since it is so easy for me to mindlessly nosh all day. I am still waiting for the weather to improve to the point where yardwork is always an option.

Have a good day, everyone.

ETA- Hi Rivergirl! I've been counting calories while I (mostly) eat the SB way. I find as I get older I really have to watch my portions. Plus I use calories as a guide for my splurges.

Last edited by Beth19; 04-26-2018 at 09:07 AM.