South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-15-2018, 06:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Beach Chat 4/15 - 4/21

Good morning everyone.

Looks like a rainy couple of days here so no outdoor riding. I volunteered to help our training committee chairperson take new riders out. It is actually good for me too to get a few more miles in before the ride. Yesterday was perfect and enjoyed being outside finally.

This afternoon Joe and I are going to a fundraiser. I volunteered to help, he can enjoy the burbon taking. Definitely not my thing. Otherwise nothing else planned.

I did do the happy dance yesterday. DS FINALLY has his own insurance and pays for it too!!!!! He is not happy about it, LOL but I am. He has over extended himself with bills. However some of his purchases were impulses. New iPhone X and apple watches for him and his bride. There are life lessons he needs to learn. I’m trying to let him figure things out as its time for him to figure things out.

Ruth did the ice miss you completely?
Beth great job staying OP at dinner.
Pearlrose I prefer driving in snow over rain. Glad you got home safely.
Debbie I hope your brother is feeling a little better each day. So sorry about the prognosis.
Kathy thinking of you and your sister. Hope everything went well with her surgery.
Isa hope you are finding time to take care of yourself while your husband is away.

As Ruth would say “do something nice for yourself today, even if it is only putting on hand cream.” OK so maybe I didn’t get the quote right, but you know what I mean. Have a great day everyone.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:07 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We are iced in after all the freezing rain yesterday! What a welcome for the first weekend back after Florida! Every thing is cancelled today and motorists are warned to stay off the roads. So far we have electricity but ...

While the power is still on, I am making a honking big chicken/veggie stew. It's sure going to be a different type of Sunday! The forecast for the day is ice pellets and freezing rain! Even the dogs are disgusted and have gone back to bed.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:38 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday was a productive day, I cleaned the house and deep cleaned my stove and oven, it really needed it, looks so nice and clean now. I also finished patching the basement wall and checked after second rain of the day and it held so it's ready to paint after curing for a few days. Went to outlet malls and me and DD2 got us a nice pair of trail shoes for our hikes. We went to the concert with DH it was mellow 70's music, DD2 had not heard of anything of the songs lol. We stayed for a few hours and then came home. Not sure what is on the agenda other than it is cold outside we are back in the high 30's with a chance of freezing rain tonight.

Jekel I would have volunteered to work as well, bourbon is not my thing either lol. I have decided to do a few days of Phase 1 to see if I can get my hormones in check and get the scale moving in the right direction.

Ruth sorry to hear that you are iced in, I hope it warms up soon and thaws everything out.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning chicks.

Ruth, we have more snow that ice but that's okay with me. So far it seems like the power grid is holding and tomorrow it is supposed to be 45* so this should melt. Enjoy your quiet day at home.

Pearlrose, the concert sounds fun ! lol on DD not knowing any of the music. I got some laundry and cleaning done yesterday but need to wrap up a few things today.

Jennifer, DS1 got insurance when he got his job but I remember the happy dance I did when he went off our cell phone plan! To me that was the pinnacle of independence. Enjoy your day today.

I need to do some meal prep today and maybe another load of laundry. But I think this could also be a book day.

Have a good one, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:01 AM   #5  

Good morning chicks.

We have a delay this morning due to more ice. Will this winter never end??

Ruth, hope you are doing well and didn't lose you power.

Jennifer, how was the fundraiser?

Pearlrose, have a good day.

Debbie and Kathy, thinking of you and your families.

Got to get myself organized for the day. Enjoy your Monday, chicks.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning,

Last week was hard and couldn't get much sleep. DS2 started waking up with very bad headaches and wasn't able to go back to sleep. Took him to the doctor and he was going to have brain scan but he ended up having strep throat. Two days after starting antibiotics and the headaches are gone. What I think is bit weird is the he was positive for strep throat but he had no symptoms except the headaches. He is fine now and hopefully he stays like that.

DH, was able to come home on Friday night. Sometimes I just wish he didn't have to travel so much but at the same time I am thankful that because of his job I can stay home with the boys. They are getting older thought, DS1 is going to high school next year and I am thinking on maybe getting a part time job. Staying home all day is not easy as people thinks.

I weigh in this morning and I am up 3lbs from last week. Weekends are definitely hard for me, I need to make sure I stay on plan this week.

Ruth, I am glad you had a great vacation time. Sorry you are ice in.

Have a great Monday everyone.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:24 AM   #7  

Good morning,

Woke up to artic wind, okay a bit of exaggeration but it does feel like it, come on Spring. Yesterday I managed a day of Phase 1 eating and was rewarded with the scale moving down 3 lbs (water weight for sure). Going to do a few more days of Phase 1 so I get mentally back on track. Today is wfh and I have lots of testing for an upgrade of software plus my normal meetings to do so will be busy. Nothing on the agenda for this evening.

Beth be careful driving into school, it's just crazy, I saw on the news so many places where planes were grounded due to the weather, I am grateful we just have the cold weather and nothing else.

Isa it is very hard to stay at home, I was able to do when my two oldest were in grade school, though I did do a home daycare to make some money so always had a very full house. Glad your DH is home.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:29 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I made it back from California late Friday night and had to go right to the laundromat and count money and load the quarters for the weekend. That’s real my two days at work now it’s time to focus on my taxes. I would really like to get them done instead of having to file an extension. We also need to complete a tax return for my mother. My sister Faizan tonight so it’s possible I can get that done tomorrow. She has most of the paperwork at her house.

My brother is hanging in there. He had a terrible seizure on Thursday just after I posted. They moved him back to ICU for a day and a half. Now he is back in the rehab section of this hospital.

One day at a time.

I guess I will go up and tidy up the office first. I have a lot of paperwork to lay out for taxes. I’m really close to the end but what I have unfinished is all the expenses from Alaska last year. Lots of receipts it seems a big mouse. LOL. Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just checking in to say I am still functioning although electricity is sporadic - ice on the wires, I guess. My car is absolutely frozen in the lane! Bruce is a real Nanook of the North and braved the weather yesterday walking to the store for milk. Schools and most businesses are closed so the Village is going to just hunker down and wait this out.

Looks like rain and freezing rain will keep on until the weekend - the Syrup Festival may be cancelled!

See you later!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:39 PM   #10  

Debbie I hope your brother starts to improve. I am so sorry he has to go through this. Thinking of you and your family.

Ruth I hope the power stays on.

Beth glad you got more snow than ice. My DS got his own cell phone plan over a year ago. It’s mazing I actually have money in my wallet now LOL. That never used to happen.

Pearlrose great whoosh!!!! Sometimes that all you need to get the scale going in the right direction. Glad you enjoyed the concert.

Isa my friend began working part time when her kids were a little older. She is fortunate too that she is able to say home too. She left her part time job to take care of herself for a change. First time in her life she has made herself a priority. She took her health back and looks and feels great. She still misses working at times but the kids keep her super busy.

The fundraiser was fun. I agreed to smell the bourbon LOL. We won a couple of little door prizes too. Today is OP all day. I was good at the fundraiser, but naughty at home. I just “had” to try the new Girl Scout cookie flavor. The remaining boxes will be send to DS or brought to work. I don’t need that temptation LOL Tonight I am going to ride indoor and start my new book. It’s all about conquering hills on the bicycle.

Have a great evening.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning,

Wake up to another cold morning here in Florida. I am really sorry for all of you in the north, please stay warm and safe.

Yesterday, I went for an hour walk with DH and in the evening we took the kids for another walk. After chores and errands, I ended up doing 18K steps yesterday. DH is leaving again tomorrow, but coming back on Friday night. I am hoping to do PH1 the rest of the week. I ate too many chocolates that DH brought from Germany and I need to get my cravings under control again.

Jennifer, glad you had fun at the fundraiser and congrats on wining some door prizes.
Ruth, I really hope you don't lose the power.
Debbie, I hope you brother is doing better. Praying for your family.

Have a happy and warm Tuesday!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:52 AM   #12  

Good morning,

WFH day for me but still have lots of meetings and reports to complete. I might start painting the basement wall after work today, really wanting to get it finished so I can start de-cluttering that space. The sun is out and it's getting warmer but will be super windy tomorrow.

Debbie I hope you are able to get your taxes done today, your family is my thoughts regarding your brother

Jekel I am so glad the girl scout cookies are finally gone from our house as well

Ruth I hope your power stays on until you get thawed out

Isa you got a lot of steps in yesterday that's great

Hi Beth.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:20 PM   #13  

Another work day done and time to unwind....well read while riding the indoor bike. Pearlrose we have your wind today.

Isa 18,000 steps is VERY impressive! Great job!
Pearlrose I did a little decluttering this weekend too. I am trying to tackles drawers one at a time as not to be overwhelmed.

Nothing new although I am a little cranky today and wanting to eat mindlessly. Going to push through and try to get to bed early which should help. Must be those silly hormones again.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:35 PM   #14  

Good evening from the chilly north.

I am trying hard not to whine but it is snowing again right now and we are slated for another round over the next couple of days. This is really March weather in my experience; doesn't spring have to come soon?!?! But I've got chicken stew in the over for dinner; seems like the right type of food for today.

Isa, 18,000 is awesome! Great job. It is probably a good plan to do P1 while DH is gone.

Jennifer, those hormones get us all. I think going to bed early sounds great, especially since you get up so early.

Pearlrose, sounds like the basement project is coming along.

Debbie,

Ruth, hope you are holding out in this weather!

My weight has been stuck the last week or so; I am hoping to stay focused and nudge the scale downward before the month is over.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:57 AM   #15  

Good morning,

Sad news to report this morning, our kitty was hit by a car last night in front of our house. He wouldn't come in last night when we were going to bed and got a text from neighbor and woke up to police car blocking traffic so no one else would hit him. We are all very sad, we will bury him this afternoon after DD2 comes home from school.

Jennifer I hate those pesky hormones, going to bed early is a great strategy

Beth I really hope it becomes spring soon