Old 01-01-2018, 11:03 PM   #1  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Default 2018 - anyone out there?

Happy New Year! Anyone looking for MRC support? I just started...again. Looking forward to 2018!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:34 AM   #2  

Yep! Will be starting over on Tuesday when we get home from vacation. I will check back then. It has been years since I have been on here. I am glad the site is still around.
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:50 PM   #3  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

I'm here! I lost 114lbs back in 2010-2011, then stopped posting while I was maintaining for several years. Had my first child, did well afterwards (only gained 10lbs that stuck). Had twins, did well through the pregnancy (only showed a 5lb gain after delivery & swelling went down)... and then gained like 40lbs in the twins' first (hellacious) year, and another 10lbs since last spring.

So, I'm back.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:51 PM   #4  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Default I remember you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbolton1 View Post
Yep! Will be starting over on Tuesday when we get home from vacation. I will check back then. It has been years since I have been on here. I am glad the site is still around.
PBolton1, I remember you!! I'm glad to see a familiar face, at least!

What happened to this forum? There used to be so many people here!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:04 PM   #5  

I think forums and online communities were a new and growing thing years ago. I am mostly on facebook now, but I really need to stay away and get more real world stuff done. I kept my 80lbs off for over 5 years then moved to dark and dreary Montana. Yoyo'd 60 lbs over those 7 years. We have moved back to the sunshine of New Mexico, so I am hoping to get this back off again.

I also just don't use my laptop much anymore, and I keep losing my passwords to get into here. Gonna try a bit though.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:56 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

I'm here!! Restarting on Sunday. Gained most of my weight back because I like wine too much. I'm on a work trip right now and have very little control over what and when I eat, so when I get home Saturday I am going to go shopping and get all of my stuff to start preconditioning. I'm going to try to do it without going to the center except to buy my drinks.
beachrunner695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 242/218.6/180

Hi All I did the plan back back in 2007 and did really well. I've moved and there isn't an MRC near me anymore. I still have all my paperwork and can buy the protein drinks and other products online so I'm going to do the plan on my own. Is there anything new that I should know since you are restarting after several years? Back in the day it was protein/carb for breakfast, protein/veggie/fruit for lunch, and protein/veggie/carb at dinner. It worked back then so I'm sure it will work again!!
windyleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Windyleal. Welcome to 3FatChicks. Even if there are not many following the same plan you are on, there are a lot of threads around the forum offering support regardless of what plan you are following. Look around and see what discussions interest you, and jump right in!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:23 PM   #9  
Let's get started ....

S/C/G: 197/.../165

Height: 5'10"

I just started again, but I am doing it on my own. I kept all the weight off for almost two years. Since Christmas I have not been following a healthy diet so I gained about 10 lbs.
Now, I am energized and like to lose those last 10-15 pounds again.

CC
chocolate cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:05 AM   #10  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Default RE: MRC More menu

Hi everyone,

I just started back to MRC after being on atkins and I was successful but this last year has been down hill and i've gained 15 lbs back. I did preconditioning for 7 days and lost 3.6 lbs yahoo!
Sunday i started the Metabolic More menu and following this plan. So far so good. Good luck to us all.

Last edited by skelley331; 03-20-2018 at 11:12 AM.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:47 AM   #11  

I am starting on Monday... we can do it together and keep each other motivated!
imperfectgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:30 PM   #12  

Default Doing it on my own

Quote:
Originally Posted by windyleal View Post
Hi All I did the plan back back in 2007 and did really well. I've moved and there isn't an MRC near me anymore. I still have all my paperwork and can buy the protein drinks and other products online so I'm going to do the plan on my own. Is there anything new that I should know since you are restarting after several years? Back in the day it was protein/carb for breakfast, protein/veggie/fruit for lunch, and protein/veggie/carb at dinner. It worked back then so I'm sure it will work again!!

I did MRC in 2004 and had great success, but life took hold of me and here I am. Has the plan changed a lot? I have the old yellow, blue, and green menus
Mommajofrida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:10 PM   #13  

I did the program back in 2005-2006. I am not familiar with the metabolic more program. Is it a different program altogether or just an upgrade and name change? I know they added several programs after I left, vegan, TMAD, something where you had meal replacements daily instead of meals....

I tried keto for a while. I feel good but not much weight loss, so I am back on program today. I wish I had a center near me now. Yes it is expensive, but I need 'person in my face' support ;-) i tried doing the program over the phone, but it was too easy to just not answer the phone and ignore them!
Old 07-10-2018, 05:23 AM   #14  

Did this diet years ago & loved it. I've lost the blue & green. Anyone have one they could email or msg. me? It was days 5-10 & on.
Obann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 12:50 PM   #15  

thank you everyone
putrisht17 is offline   Reply With Quote