Old 01-30-2018, 01:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Default Slim and Trim for Spring!!

Hi Everyone! I've been on this site for many years, but am excited to participate again! Like most everyone, I've been on and off the Fat Wagon more than once, and have decided to do something about it, starting in January. Last week I informally started using the South Beach Diet method, (but not buying their meals or products). I also started back exercising and joined LA Fitness. Paying every month is a pretty good motivator for me, as I'm so cheap.

So far, so good, I've lost 6 lbs in January, and it wasn't too hard, as I'm almost weaned from sugar and carbs at this point. Really looking to get to my first goal, which will be the point when my BMI is no longer in the "overweight" category haha.

glad to see there's still activity here - I recognize some folks like April, but I see lots of new people and look forward to getting to know you as well. Please feel free to post with your story or progress!

Good Luck to all!
Andi
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:58 AM   #2  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi Andi!

OMG I've gained SO much weight since last time I "saw" you. Good to see you back and good luck!
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:06 AM   #3  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Hello to both of you! I've also been off and on here, though until recently in the 40+ forum. I've been hanging mostly in the 100+ forum since it's been quiet around here. In any case, I usually check in around 1-2 times a week. Shall we start a February chat thread?
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:19 AM   #4  

Hello April and Susan!

Thought I had a good weekend, but I was up 1.5 so I think I had too much sodium yesterday. I'm so sensitive to it I can easily gain 2.5 overnight. It snowed last night, so no walking outside today. I did jump on the treadmill and walked for 35 minutes this morning, so I hope that helps get me back on track. Also I decided Monday will be a veggie day only, so that may help get rid of the Demon Salt.

April, I can't see current weight, as the "ticker" function no longer works for us for some reason. I just manually entered mine. If we can gain the weight, we can certainly lose the weight, especially since you have such an on-you-feet, active job. No stopping on the way home for treats!

Susan, I'm looking forward to getting to "know" you better, as I haven't been on here in so long. A February Chat sounds good!

Andi

Last edited by WebWoman; 02-05-2018 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:02 PM   #5  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello...

I gained 30 pounds in 3.5 months. I went to a rheumatologist because of exhaustion, weight gain, joint and muscle aches etc. Lab results show positive for Hashimoto's disease which is auto-immune thyroid condition. I go back to see her at the end of the month. I was up over 205 pounds. I'm back to 197 pounds as of Wednesday. I remember the fight to get out of the 170s...now I'd take the 170s any day!
Old 02-09-2018, 12:18 PM   #6  

Wow, sorry to hear that, April. Fortunately, that disease is easily treated with Levothyroxine. I actually have a nephew (young man) who has it and he's doing just fine. I also take a lower dose because I have a lazy thyroid, and it seems to help. You'll see that your metabolism will improve and I hope the weight melts off like the snow (hopefully!). Can't wait to walk outside again, it makes a huge difference.

Hope to hear back from you on these posts!

Andi

Last edited by WebWoman; 02-09-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #7  
Fishing for a plan!

Greetings and stuff!

I don't really understand much about the Hashimoto's. I have all the symptoms of hypothyroid, and the antibodies, but TSH and free T4 are normal. So I don't know if I will be treated for it... grrr
Old 03-19-2018, 10:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello. I was active here last year and worked hard to lose 55 pounds through diet and exercise, but life happened and it wasn't pretty. So, here I am, 20 pounds over what I was last February, and ready to get it off by June. I feel so badly for those with hormone troubles. I don't have that and it is still hard to lose it, lose it, lose it.

Good luck all and see you at a challenge maybe.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:35 AM   #9  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Hello haven’t been on 3fc forum in a long time , Very happy to be back
! This group caught my eye as I saw the word “ Spring “ my favorite time of year YES ! Going
a healthy lifestyle group while also looking forward to
dropping some pounds by Spring Time would definitely give me positive thoughts , Thanks for starting this forum
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote