South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-18-2018, 07:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Thread 3/18 - 3/24

Top of the morning....ok I’m a day late...Yesterday was a 12 hour day at work. I was beat when I got home. Today I need to squeeze two days into one as its back to work tomorrow. Nothing thrilling here. I have really stuck to giving up evening snacking for lent and it has made a difference in my weight. I am down 1 pound from last month which puts me 3.2 under my goal weight. I am eating a bigger dinner which I think is also helping. Happy when I spike up its not a big jump.

Pearlrose hope the concert was fun
Beth spring is coming, hang on!!! That was a lot of snow
Kathy did you skip the St. Paddy’s day festivities? I did enjoy two slices of Irish soda bread
Debbie hope you are still finding a good balance in life with your new responsibilities
Ruth when do you leave for Key West? I try to avoid buffets too.

Hope everyone has a great day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:47 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! We have another sunny day today but it is COLD! We were sub-zero this morning but DH pointed out that the high pressure will ensure that storm crossing the country will miss us. (Sorry, Jennifer and Kathy, it might hit you....)

Yesterday was a good day; didn't do many chores but we bundled up to take a walk, did a little laundry and had lunch out. Today we might take a drive into the mountains.

Jennifer, did you work the parade? That was a long work day. I would be exhausted too! My weight is also moving in the right direction and I think much of it has to do with fewer snacks and better choices when I do snack. Good luck getting your chores done; I often wish for a 3 day weekend!

Ruth, I think you are on the road so I will wish you safe travels and a big dose of "won't power" (works better than will power. )

Debbie, have a good day at work.

Kathy and Pearlrose, have a great day.

Last edited by Beth19; 03-18-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:20 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Woke up to a cloudy cold day, expecting rain today. Yesterday got all of my chores done, went to the grocery store and DH and I went and saw a Wrinkle in time movie. Today DD2 and I and maybe DH are going to flea market a few towns away. Expect it to be a quiet kind of day.

Jekel sounds like you had a long day yesterday.

Beth enjoy the ride in the mountains

Ruth safe travels

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:19 AM   #4  

Good morning,

Didn't get the rain yesterday, now they are saying today. We are staying around 40 all week, now if the sun would come out. Today is wfh but have multiple conference calls. Nothing on the agenda this evening.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning and happy Monday! I avoided drinking for St. Paddy's Day but did indulge in a typical corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and soda bread meal at our favorite local spot. I had enough restraint to leave most of it on the plate while enjoying the festive treat. Yesterday, I tried to make up for it by being extra good. So far, no evidence on the scale.

It is so cold, it is hard to believe Spring starts tomorrow, but I know its coming! Please, please, please.

We learned late last week that the polyp my sister had removed a few weeks ago had early cancer. The doctor is confident he got it all but is still recommending a hysterectomy. She meets with an oncologist at Yale on Thursday. We are trying not to be too nervous about it. She's a tough one to read as she doesn't like to talk about it. But I know she did enough research to know she has several risk factors for uterine cancer so of course it is on her mind. And mine. Thank goodness they found it so early!

Have a good day, all!
QuietTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:36 PM   #6  

Good afternoon, chicks.

The Monday workday is over and I exercised when I came home so now I am sitting for a few minutes before dinner. It was crazy cold again this morning but sunny so I am not complaining too much. I am really enjoying the lengthening days. The scale and I are friends right now but I will have to remember moderation in a few weeks when Lent ends. I'm going to work on my "won't" power.

Pearlrose, hope you had a good day and it didn't rain too much. At least it isn't snow!

Kathy, sorry to hear about your sister but hopefully they caught it early enough. Do you still have snow on the ground from all of your storms? Great job showing restraint while celebrating this weekend.

Have a good evening, all.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:32 PM   #7  

Kathy I hope everything goes well for your sister. Is Yale far for you? Great job choosing wisely this weekend.
Beth glad the snow is going to miss you. Guess my exercise will be shoveling as my neighbors are away so an extra driveway will be in my plans.
Pearlrose how was the movie? It seems to be getting really good reviews.

Beth I worked between my command well north of the city and covered our CT command too. The higher up you go there is less hand on work and more supervisory. Overall it was a good day just long. Yesterday I took Joe suit shopping. Let’s just say it was not as easy as I hoped, but he got one thank goodness.

I am taking care of my neighbor’s dog all week. Poor thing, her back legs are super weak. I just hope she can support her weight all week when I take her out. I definitely cannot lift her she is well over 100 pound. Time to make my doggies rounds.

Have a great night.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:21 AM   #8  

Good morning,

Starting from home but going in for one meeting today. It rained all afternoon and all night yesterday, and today there are some flurries, but I can't complain it's not snow. DD2 is gearing up for musical, they are performing this week starting on Thursday, they have been having dress rehearsals now. Yesterday was tough it would have been MIL birthday, I called FIL to check on him, he is hanging in there.

Kathy sorry to hear about your sister but glad they caught it early. Way to have a plan while still enjoy festivities.

Jekel as long as you keep in mind that it is a kid's movie, it is good, but I love Disney movies. Hopefully your nieghbor's dog can handle his weight while going outside.

Beth my weight was down this morning, so I was happy camper, now to keep momentum going forward.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #9  

Thanks for the good thoughts, everyone. Yale is about 45 mins to an hour away. My main concern right now is whether she can get there given the nor'easter we are expecting tomorrow into Thursday morning. Hoping the roads are cleaned up by the time she leaves for her 9:30 am appointment. Right now we have spotty snow on grassy areas. We are expecting 6" to 12".

Pearlrose, glad you enjoyed the movie. I've been trying to decide whether to see it.

Jekel, good luck with that poor 100 lb baby!

Kathy
Old 03-20-2018, 10:14 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Sorry I haven’t been getting here. It’s been extremely busy. I am sitting in the car waiting for my sister to grab her stuff. We are going to Glenwood today she has three medical appointments. One is with her oncologist and I just felt like I wanted to be there for the drive back-and-forth. I do believe we are going to the pool. We will come back tonight. We are getting a new furnace in the laundromat so I spent all of yesterday afternoon organizing and reorganizing the back room to free up all the counter space so the duct work could happen last night. It’s our same guy that always does the work for us. With the laundromat he prefers working at night. That’s pretty smart.

I have my smoothie with me and we will eat healthy for lunch. I’m trying my best to stay on track when I get so busy. That’s a good thing!

Kathy, thinking of you and your sister!

Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:37 PM   #11  

Debbie I am sure your sister appreciates your company. Hope she is doing well.
Kathy I’ll keep my fingers crossed they are wrong about our snow totals.
Pearlrose I stilll enjoy Disney movies too.
Beth hope you had a good day at work.

Nothing exciting here just getting ready for the weather. I did put my neighbors cars in my driveway. LOL less snow for me to move although 2 extra cars to clean off. Their driveway is a little tricky to move snow when the cars are in it. Food has been OP yesterday and today. I just need to force myself to drink more water. For some reason I just cant seem to warm up and have no desire to drink my water. Usually I am good for 100 ounces a day. Oh well.

Hopefully this will be the last snow for until next winter!
Old 03-20-2018, 07:23 PM   #12  

Good evening, chicks.

Normal work-exercise-dinner type day for me. And "normal" is ok by me. Weight is zig-zagging downward and I am practicing portion control and making good choices. It's so satisfying when things go well.

Kathy and Jennifer, I hope the storm treats you kindly! DS2 already has classes cancelled for tomorrow; that college boy has almost as many snow days as I do! What a March it has been for weather.

Debbie, glad you are able to support your sister. Did the laundromat job get finished?

Pearlrose, our school play is coming up in another week or two. The kids always do a great job. Tell DD to break a leg!

See you tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:17 AM   #13  

Good morning,

Getting ready to head into work for a day full of meetings. Nothing on the agenda this evening. Food choices have been good so will keep it up.

Debbie I am sure your sister appreciates your company

Jekel and Kathy fingers crossed for just light snow, there has been enough already this winter for you all

Beth enjoy your day.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:08 AM   #14  

Good morning. I am at work this morning, but expect to leave early. The worst of the storm is expected to start between 1:00 and 3:00.

Debbie, you have me rethinking my decision not to accompany my sister to the oncologist tomorrow. I offered and she declined. I accepted that because I need to save hours at work and I know I'll need at least 2 days for her surgery. But maybe I can work it out and I am sure she would prefer I go. Hmmmm. My best wishes to your sister!

I hit a personal mini-goal this morning. I am now under 200 - 199.5! LOL I am sure I will zig zag around it but I was pleased to see it for the first time in a long time.

Jekel, good luck with the shoveling. You're such a good neighbor!

Have a good day, all!
Old 03-21-2018, 10:41 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Got home from the Laundromat cleaning/quarter count. Now I've got to get organized at home. The girl who helps us out at the Mat needs more work because she and the boyfriend broke up and she no longer has his financial input. I need her to stay with us and on the other hand since my mom passed away and I took over the company, and now the Laundromat, I have far less time to accomplish stuff at home. Shes going to help me at home and I'll see if this can work out long term. Problem, as you may well know, is you have to put stuff away if someones going to clean.....so I have a full day here.

Kathy, my sis is in long term treatment, Stage 4. When she first started chemo I would sit with her, at her request, but the nurses are now her friends, so now I don't. I did accompany her to several appointments early on, at her request, but I do not push it. She wants to speak with her drs in private and she will tell me what she wants. I don't ask for info if she doesn't offer. We live 120 miles from treatment so often just accompanying her on the drive is what is helpful to her. We have lunch then I do my own thing until she's finished. It's a fine line and I find what she wants the most is the sisterly companionship and doing normal things together even though things are not always normal.

Waving at everyone! Furnace at Laundromat is a work in progress. Sun is shining. Have a great day!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote