Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 03-01-2018, 02:57 PM   #1  
Keto Gym Rat

S/C/G: 151/126/118

Height: 5'5"

Default keto and BB

I am following a keto diet and weight training. I have done this in the past and I had great results getting lean and toned. I stopped working out for a couple years and I am back at it now. I have lost 2 pounds since I started the keto diet 8 days ago and I have been back to the gym for 3 days (today will be day 4) and I already feel way, way better.

Anyway, if anyone else is into weight training (bodybuilding, resistance training) say Hello!
midlife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:51 PM   #2  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

I love anything to do with lifting. Been away from the 3FC forum for a while, came back for some accountability since I've been struggling lately. Sorry to see the weightlifting forum so inactive. I'm not a BB, but my former training partner is, so I know a little....more into powerlifting and strongman, but I make myself do the BB stuff to keep my shoulders healthy and because I know the reps are good for me, too. I do some CrossFit workouts since I hate cardio machines and am so over running these days. Happy to chat up anything about lifting. Speaking of which, I have to get off the computer and go do my workout. CrossFit tonight, but at least it involves a barbell, right?
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:36 PM   #3  
Keto Gym Rat

S/C/G: 151/126/118

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsk8r View Post
I love anything to do with lifting. Been away from the 3FC forum for a while, came back for some accountability since I've been struggling lately. Sorry to see the weightlifting forum so inactive. I'm not a BB, but my former training partner is, so I know a little....more into powerlifting and strongman, but I make myself do the BB stuff to keep my shoulders healthy and because I know the reps are good for me, too. I do some CrossFit workouts since I hate cardio machines and am so over running these days. Happy to chat up anything about lifting. Speaking of which, I have to get off the computer and go do my workout. CrossFit tonight, but at least it involves a barbell, right?
Yay!!
Someone else into the weights! That's cool that you are more into powerlifting. It's still about being a strong female. I am just getting back into it after a long layoff. I used to be competitive and maybe I will compete again in the future but for now I am just looking to get back to weight training on a regular basis. I was working out M thru F but decided instead to just follow a cycle because I miss the day sometimes and, also, sometimes I want to workout on weekends. Here is my cycle

1-Legs, Shoulders, Abs
2-Chest, Calves
3-Back. Abs
4-Legs, Shoulders, Abs
5-Bieps, Triceps, Calves
6-repeat

I do cardio after every workout. I don't workout every day, but I follow that cycle. I have to work harder on my legs and shoulders to get them to build so I train them more often. What is your workout like? So glad you popped in!!!
Happy training!
midlife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:53 PM   #4  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Hey, sorry for the slow reply. Life went a little crazy at my house and it took some doing to get back in the groove. On the exercise scene, I tore my back muscles up when I was spotting a guy on back squat at the crossfit gym, and partway through the lift, just when he got stuck and I was bracing and reaching around his chest to help him stand it up, he bailed out from under the bar and dropped it on me. Luckily it wasn't too heavy, just 250, but it shredded things a little, so I'm in "all the reps" muscle therapy mode till it heals up a bit more. I'm down to just sore and stiff from "a grizzly scratched my back for me", lol.

I do the same as you, as far as using a rotating cycle instead of a scheduled day split. Since I like to be able to fit in a CrossFit workout if it appeals, or strongman, or whatever, I just have a rotation for movements:

Squat/Legs
Overhead/Shoulders
DL or Atlas Stones (alternating)
Bench/Chest
Yoke or Farmers/Grip (alternating)

So I rotate through those movements, and each workout is either Heavy/low rep, Light (either high rep or a powerlifting style speed/technique day...that's usually either an I-Go-You-Go with a partner or something like 10 sets of 2 reps as fast and technically perfect as possible), or Medium weight/reps (pretty much a bodybuilding day) for the main lift.

So a typical rotation might look like:
Squat (heavy)
OH (light)
DL (medium)
Bench (heavy)
Yoke (light/speed day)
Squat (medium)
OH (heavy)
etc, etc...

I don't schedule abs or arms, but just throw them in...arms about once a week, and abs just happen between the CrossFit workouts and times where I feel like it's just a good compliment to the strongman stuff which is pretty much all back day, all the time.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsk8r View Post
Hey, sorry for the slow reply. Life went a little crazy at my house and it took some doing to get back in the groove. On the exercise scene, I tore my back muscles up when I was spotting a guy on back squat at the crossfit gym, and partway through the lift, just when he got stuck and I was bracing and reaching around his chest to help him stand it up, he bailed out from under the bar and dropped it on me. Luckily it wasn't too heavy, just 250, but it shredded things a little, so I'm in "all the reps" muscle therapy mode till it heals up a bit more. I'm down to just sore and stiff from "a grizzly scratched my back for me", lol.

Just spotted this and it gave me a chuckle. In comparison, we had to start buying half gallons of milk because I started having trouble lifting the gallon jugs. LOL LOL
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:07 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife99 View Post
I am following a keto diet and weight training. I have done this in the past and I had great results getting lean and toned. I stopped working out for a couple years and I am back at it now. I have lost 2 pounds since I started the keto diet 8 days ago and I have been back to the gym for 3 days (today will be day 4) and I already feel way, way better.

Anyway, if anyone else is into weight training (bodybuilding, resistance training) say Hello!
Hello

I'm also in a weight training program and its really working for me. I've lost 20 pounds in 5 weeks and its an impressive one compared to what I use to have although I supported with a working supplement
annywhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:09 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Just spotted this and it gave me a chuckle. In comparison, we had to start buying half gallons of milk because I started having trouble lifting the gallon jugs. LOL LOL
funny
annywhite is offline   Reply With Quote