Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-16-2018, 04:39 PM   #1  

Default I知 only 23 and weigh 235 lbs!

Hi everyone,

I知 in some serious need of support or maybe even tough love. I知 only 23 years old and I weigh 235. 115 of that was gained over the course of only 5 years, as I was a track athlete in high school. I have tried so many times to eat better and nothing seems to stick. I make it about halfway through the day and feel so deprived that I just go back to my regular bad habits. I also am notorious for putting off dieting if an event is approaching (which seems to be all the time). I suffer from reactive hypoglycaemia so I get really anxious when I feel my blood sugars are getting low and I知 sure that痴 part of the problem. I do run 4 days a week but I know nothing will change unless I change what I put in my body.

Can anyone give any advice on how to get past the feeling of depravity?
Chantcaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:57 PM   #2  
mjf

Why do you feel deprived when you eat better? Is it because you're hungry? Maybe you weren't eating enough. Eating healthy should make you less hungry because healthy foods tend to be more filling. Is it because you like unhealthy food better? Maybe you just need to find some healthy foods that you like. There are many healthy foods to choose from.

You don't need to stop eating healthy during events. Even if you can't eat as healthy as your normal diet, just pick whatever is the healthiest option. For example, when I go to restaurants, I avoid sweets, refined carbs, and deep fried foods, and I try to order something with vegetables in it.

Last edited by mjf; 02-16-2018 at 05:12 PM.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:47 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantcaps View Post
Hi everyone,

I知 in some serious need of support or maybe even tough love. I知 only 23 years old and I weigh 235. 115 of that was gained over the course of only 5 years, as I was a track athlete in high school. I have tried so many times to eat better and nothing seems to stick. I make it about halfway through the day and feel so deprived that I just go back to my regular bad habits. I also am notorious for putting off dieting if an event is approaching (which seems to be all the time). I suffer from reactive hypoglycaemia so I get really anxious when I feel my blood sugars are getting low and I知 sure that痴 part of the problem. I do run 4 days a week but I know nothing will change unless I change what I put in my body.

Can anyone give any advice on how to get past the feeling of depravity?
hi

no need to worry first u should work hard and then control your diet
santa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:09 PM   #4  
Insta @xxtherealquinnxx

S/C/G: 256.4/251/155

Height: 5'6"

Good for you for running four times a week! That's great!

As for the deprived feeling you get when you eat healthy... It may take time for you to overcome that. I suggest that you don't make your healthy eating attempts an all or nothing venture. For example, wouldn't you be healthier altogether if you ate clean for half the day every day in a week than you are now? Don't give up! Gradually, you can add more healthy foods into your diet and subtract more unhealthy foods... It takes time to build sustainable habits.

Don't give up.
SantaClaritaDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I agree with what everyone else said. If you continue to make healthy choices as often as you can, eventually you will change your taste buds to like the healthier foods. Some people choose to make one change per week. Maybe start off with eliminating sugar for one week. The next week try drinking several cups of water per day. Third week add more vegetables to your diet. And so on. You can do this!!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 05:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 228/216/130

Height: 5ft1

Change what your eating rather than cutting foods and if you’re doing calories, drop them gradually don’t, for example go from 2500 to 1200 overnight because I’ll tell you I did that and it was honestly the worst week of my life I actually thought I was dying lol. Gradually change and make better choices because it is so much easier.
Xxosophieanne is offline   Reply With Quote