Old 03-07-2004, 10:09 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's.....(#75)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:10 PM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #74 And Read The Last Few Posts There!
Old 03-07-2004, 10:14 PM   #3  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Evening Girls

I am completely exhausted but wanted to post a quick one. I spend most of the day at the hospital and it's sad to say but Grannymom is much worse. She is in a semi coma. She sleeps all the time at will hardly open her eyes. She did shake her up and down and answered a few questions for me today and open her mouth when I gave her a drink. She is so pititful!! There is a lot of medical issues, most of which I don't know how to spell. Thank you everyone for all your prayers and thoughts for her!!

I am only working a couple of hours in the morning and going to spend rest of the day checking out some private care centers. There are very expensive but my Granddaddy left her a nice little saving that has been drawing interest for 26 years. Should be enough for her to live like a queen for rest of the her life.

Sherry......I don't have the time or energy to post to everyone but I have to tell you I am SO worried about you. Your headaches and your blood pressure still being so high, is not normal. I agree with Jennelle and have been trying to tell you this for years. Nothing...nothing is more important than your health. Glad you rested tonight...see the world didn't stop...LOL. Please call the doctor first thing in the morning, that medicine should have already started helping.

Good news....Even with all the extra stress in my life ...I HAVE stayed 100% OP for 11 days. Yippee for DEBBIE!!

SO it's 11 days down.....and 85 to go!!!

Hugs...deb

Last edited by DebbieA; 03-07-2004 at 10:18 PM.
DebbieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:38 PM   #4  

Sherry I too am worried about you. Please rest and see the doc tomorrow. We need you Sherry more than you know. This is serious so if something needs to be done ask someone to do it while they treat you like a princess.

Debbie way to go. Be proud girl, you are doing wonderful. You have inspired me. I am doing it one day at a time with you. My prayers are with your grandma.

Just popped in for a few minutes....I will post tomorrow.

DEE
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 12:32 AM   #5  
Losing it!

Debbie, I'm praying for your grandmother. Let us know what you find out about a home for her. GREAT job staying OP, even with the stress!

Sher, Sher, what are we going to do with you? YOU CALL THE DOCTOR FIRST THING IN THE MORNING! OK??? We need you here as much as Wayne and the boys need you. Take care of your health. Please? The movie was really good, hard to describe. I didn't walk away from it feeling like I thought I would, but yes, it is a very, very, powerful movie. Steve wanted to see it too, I clutched his arm through most of it.

Dee: Got snow???? Feel's like spring here! All week it is to be in the 60's!!! YIPPEEE!!!! Is Larry home or away on business? What did you find out about your tush???

Jennelle: let us know just as soon as you find out your test results! Will you continue teaching?
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 05:30 AM   #6  

Debbie-I'm so sorry about your grandma. I continue to pray for her! Congratulations on staying OP!

Sherry-When are you going to learn that the cleaning is not the most important thing in the world??? You need to slow down. Maybe your medication needs to be increased also???

I sold an expensive Saks purse for $1.99 on ebay. Can you believe it? That person is going to be thrilled when she sees it. I'm just glad that it is one less thing on my purse rack.
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 01:19 PM   #7  

Debbie, I'm so very sorry about your grannymom being ill. I know you are very close to her. It is wonderful that you've had the joy of her presence for all these many years. I'm sure you will find just the right place for her to live.

Sherry, how are the headaches? Are you going back to the doctor today? Sometimes it takes several tries before you get just the right combination of medications for your particular body type. Please take care of yourself and keep an eye on that blood pressure.

I haven't been around much the last few days and I apologize for that.
Dan called us from Ireland Saturday night. They had a layover in Canada and then Ireland. They were getting ready to board and fly into Kuwait from there. Then they have a 4 day drive to the city they will be in.

Tomorrow is my dad's surgery so I'll try to post tomorrow evening and let you know how everything went.

Take care all......
bootwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:40 PM   #8  

Ramona your Dad will be in my prayers. Where abouts did Dan land in Canada? Probably toronto. Quiet the trip for him to get to his destination.

Sherry how are you feeling today? What did the doc say? Sure send me some buttercups it will be weeks before we see spring flowers.

Gayle I would love to have a spring day like you. I am excited with the sunshine today and it is above freezing. The doctor couldn't do much until I go for the ct scan next week. They will see what is happenning with my back.

Shelley I wish I was the buyer of your saks purse. That is some deal. You didn't bother to put a reserve bid on it?

I lost 4 pounds last week. I wish that I could lose that much ievery week but I usually lose only a pound a week.

Hope that you all have a good day.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 06:51 PM   #9  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi Girls

Today has been a busy day for me. I worked for 2 hours this morning, then ran around rest of the day. I did see Grannymom this morning and was there when the doctor came in. He said she had a stroke and that is the major problem. She also has a mass in her right lung, some of which is pneumonia. She seemed alittle worse to me today. I love her so much, just don't want her to suffer. I'm glad they are keeping her has comfortable as possible. Thanks everyone for your prayers.

I went for my doctor's appointment too today. {told you I was busy} My legs cramps have gotten worse the last few months. She said I had 'Restless Leg Symdome'. Anyone ever heard of it? I told her if the medication worked, James would be sending her a thank you card because my legs jerk so much at night. She also put me on Flonase, hopefully it will help with my allergies. Oh yeah...my the doctor's scales...I have lost 8 pounds since Feb. 10!! But I'm still going to go by my scales at home.

Sherry.....What did the doctor say? Hopefully she gave you strick orders.

Dee...WTG on the 4 pounds!!! Do are doing great!! what plan are you following?

Ramona.....We will be praying for you Dad. Please post if you can when the surgery is over.

Shelley...I guess some things bring what they are worth and some don't. Hopefully you can make it up on your other items.

Thank you everyone for your continuing prayers for Grannymom.

12 days down......84 to GO~~~

Hugs...deb
DebbieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 08:03 PM   #10  
Losing it!

Dee, GREAT JOB ON THE 4 POUNDS LOST!!!! You can stay so motivated!

Deb, I have a mother and Aunt that suffer from the restless leg syndrome. The DR. suggested walking as much as they can handle. Theirs seems to be worse at night, usually keeping them awake most of the night.

Sherry, did you call the Doctor today?

Ramona, when will Dan arrive at his destination? Does he have the lap-top computer you got him to stay in contact with? I'm saying prayers.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:05 AM   #11  

Hi Everyone!

Debbie I will keep your Grannymom and your family in my prayers. I know she is thankful to have such a caring family.

Dee Congrats on the weight loss. You are doing great!

Ramona I hope your dads surgery went well. I will keep him in my prayers.

Sherry I am very worried about you. I hope you are feeling better and getting the rest you need and deserve. When is your spring break?

Shelley I wish I had seen your auction for your purse. I love a great deal and boy did someone get one. I have listed some purses that havent gotten any bids yet. Seems to be a slow week for bids for me this week.

I have been planning some "surprises" for my moms 50th birthday on Wednesday. She has been so down since her brother got sick. The kids have picked out some fun gifts and we are ordering or making her a cake tomorrow (I havent decided).

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.
Tina
tinagailh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:01 AM   #12  

Good Mornin'

I'm home from work today (Dr.'s orders). I went to the Dr. yesterday after work. My b/p was 173/123. I had a choice to take the day off and relax all day or go in the hospital. So that's why I'm home. She also changed my pills. I'm on Norvasc until Friday to see if it lowers it.
Thanks for all of your concerns. Love you!

I'll be back later to post to everyone. Going to lay back down.

Have a great OP day!!

Oh BTW: I lost 2 lbs!!!! I was so happy when I weighed in yesterday morning!
Old 03-09-2004, 12:54 PM   #13  
Losing it!

Sher: sit with your feet up today and take in a few talk shows. Have you ever watched Dr. Phil? I think he is on later today. Of course, there is always Springer... I'm happy that you FINALLY decided to listen to your doctor.

Tina: I made one, but it's been awhile... mix up a cake and bake it in a round and an oven proof bowl. When cooled, flip the bowl shape onto the round, with a little trimming around the round cake edge, it resembles a hat (bonnet) This can be frosted and then decorated with anything, even ribbon and real flowers. The boys might enjoy helping make a cake like this for their grandmother.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:53 PM   #14  

Tina-I'm older than your mother!! I will be 51 this year. It does seem to be a bit slow right now on ebay. I've listed my dad's elephant tusk again. I'm hoping to sell it for him this time.

Sherry-I am so glad that you rested today. The only problem is that you will probably have twice as much work tomorrow waiting for you at school. Just don't clean house!! You need to rest once you get home from work.

Ramona-I hope everything went well with your father. I know how worried you are about Dan, too. Please know that they are in my prayers.

Dee-Good for you on the 4 lbs!

Debbie-I am continuing to pray for your grandma, too! I have never heard of restless leg syndrome. It must keep you awake quite a bit at night.

Gayle-How's the artist doing? Are you painting up a storm?

My work has been so busy. With someone new in the office, it is very hectic trying to get things done. I have a bit more to do than when the other girl worked there because our new data entry lady does not have any legs. She is such a wonder, though. She whisks around the office with such ease! There are a few things she can't handle though, being wheelchair bound, such as putting mail in teacher's mailboxes because they are up high, and moving boxes and some stuff like that. Boy, I can't wait until Friday. Next week is spring break (my last one!) I hope to get some cleaning done.
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:00 PM   #15  
Losing it!

Ramona, sending well wishees to your father. Let us know how his surgery went.

Shelley, thank you so much for being such a dear friend to everyone. I can't believe some of us have been together here for so long. When you say table food, do you mean scraps for the birds like veggies? I wonder if you could mix the seeds in with it and try to "fool" them. Probably not!!!