Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-04-2018, 02:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default Get on the Maintain Train - Spring is Coming!

New thread!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:18 PM   #2  

I have a new battery installed in my scale. Will weigh in tomorrow for accountability in February 2018.

Dagmar :
Old 02-04-2018, 02:51 PM   #3  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Still in bed. Managing to suck some orange segments and not feeling sick. Think it has to be the flu.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:32 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Still in bed. Managing to suck some orange segments and not feeling sick. Think it has to be the flu.
Feel better soon Birchie. The flu is no fun!

Dagmar
Old 02-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Birchie, sorry you have the flu. Only upside is weight loss.

Pepper is hanging in, although he is very demanding and picky about what he will eat now. He eats a few bites, then loses interest and wants something else.

Starting Wednesday I'm hiking three days on the Arizona National Trail. Near Payson. The weather looks good!

Dagmar, hope your scale is kind to you. I'm "not unhappy" with my weight. 125.5 this morning but would rather see 2 pounds lower.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:23 PM   #6  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Welcome back, krampus - you've been missed. Congrats on your recent marriage. IIR, last thing we heard from you was that you'd gotten engaged and were buying a house.

My goal of the minute is to prepare for Super Bowl without thinking of too much food. I only think of Buffalo wings once a year; it's that time.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:54 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Bill! Go Pats!
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:19 PM   #8  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Hey Bill! Go Pats!
Kindly cheer a little bit louder. Patriots are not looking so, can I say this, 'youthful' in the first half.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:33 PM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

And now we know they just couldn't catch up this time. But I'm happy for Philly!
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Hello, Krampus! I hope you check in a tad more frequently but glad you're well!

Birchie-- hang in there and take care of yourself!!

I'm still enjoying the freedom of not weighing. I'm still playing mind games with myself-- trying to talk myself into all the reasons I should get the scale out and weigh. But I'm holding onto NSV's, like a pair of pants that fit and a skirt that was too big. I will weigh myself this weekend as it is the end of phase 1 (out of 3) of the fitness program I'm doing. I will weigh and take measurements and progress photos. I see improvements for sure, so I will (hopefully) focus on those if the scale doesn't give me the feedback I would like to see.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:53 PM   #11  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Glad to see a new thread with a catchy title.
Krampus, welcome and congratulations. You've come quite a long way from your days of teaching in Japan. What is your occupation these days? Are you enjoying it?
Birchie, sorry about the flu. I started a week of hospital duty today, and I swear there were "droplet precautions" signs on every other door. It's a particularly bad flu season this year.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:23 AM   #12  

The number for February is 136.6 lbs.

Dagmar :
Old 02-06-2018, 08:04 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi, folks!

I like the new thread name. =)

I am struggling to stay on the rails, though. My weight is trending upwards and I saw a number over 130.0 (current red line) recently but today I am at 129.1. It's really so much harder to eat multiple times a day without gaining.

Birchie, I hope you feel better soon! The flu is the pits.

DH is struggling with an infection after a root canal and just got on antibiotics yesterday (dentist was out of office Fri and the weekend, when it became more clear there was a problem rather than normal recovery pain).

Meanwhile our nearly 16-yo dog is getting off antibiotics today after weeks of treatment for something like a cyst that burst near her paw while we were out of town in NYC (much bleeding, bandaging, etc). We have been looking forward to this bc we had to get her to eat before taking each pill and she quickly learned she could escalate the delectability by holding out.

(She was already on a diet of customized hand made food, due to a history of pancreatitis and a prognosis from her previous vet that she likely only had a few months to live -- a few years ago! We changed vets, but just because we started using a travel vet who comes to our house to avoid the office visit trauma for her).

Anyway, I hope to finally get my follow-up lipid panel scheduled today. Things like that are DH's job, and I refuse to do it myself though it would probably be a lot easier. I will admit there are complications this time due to changes in my insurance plan but this is something that should have been done a month ago.

Last edited by yoyoma; 02-06-2018 at 08:09 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:51 AM   #14  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Default Day 5

That's Day 5 of symptoms, and Day 8 since I spent too long in the doctors' waiting room. Feeling a little better, a bit argumentative and a bit upset, so I'm obviously on the mend. I'm best if I'm left completely alone, warm (a bit of a challenge but I've got a good system going on with fleece blankets and a hot water bottle), and with a drink. Here in the countryside snow has fallen so it's quite peaceful and it's pretty to look at.

I'm eating a little but, yes, I seem to have lost a few pounds in a few days. That's normal with these extreme treatments, isn't it? Perhaps I should write a review of 'Flu! The New Weight Loss System! Natural! Organic!' and see if anyone would buy it. Had better trademark it fast as I gather at least 8 million other people in the UK are bed-testing it as I write.

yoyoma, you're having a rather medical time as well. Much sympathy, especially to your DH. Root canals are bad enough without getting an infection too. Sorry it's hard to transition to eating more than once a day without weight repercussions. I haven't got any suggestions.

Dagmar, that looks like a pretty good winter weight for you, as far as I can remember. What's the difference between your summer and winter fighting weights?

Andrea, thanks for information from the hospital front line. Hope that IBS thing has settled down now.

Michele, NSVs are good!

JayEll and Bill, you sports fanatics!

Alice, I think you must be out on the Arizona National Trail now. Wish I was with you!

saef? You haven't made it over to this thread yet. Are you OK or just having a pause? Beaming good vibes, whatever's happening.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:24 AM   #15  

Birchie Glad you're on the mend!

My winter weight range is 135 - 138 lbs. so I'm right in the middle of it. Having a bit of a struggle to not console myself with food. I miss the dogs (but not walking in the cold) and there's only so much one can do with books, computer, and TV. Boredom is setting in and looks like I'm housebound today as there's going to be a snowstorm.

Think I'll go through my photo files and camera and do some much needed editing.

I am also improving my cooking skills by making food from scratch every day rather than relying on frozen items like burgers and meatballs etc. Stew today!

Dagmar