Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-01-2018, 09:58 PM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default February Ups and Downs Fighting Depression Thread

to our small but mighty group of ladies who are doing our best to live life, along with the ups and downs

After posting in last month's thread i realized it is now February, so I cut and pasted so we are now official
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:00 PM   #2  
Biker Chick!

from Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
I was invited to a birthday party tonight. I had a really good time. It was nice to get out and socialize.

Miss all you gals. Hope youse all ok.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:01 PM   #3  
Biker Chick!

From PandaCupcake -

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCupcake View Post
Lisa, I am glad the party was a great time. I sometimes drag myself out but the best is when I actually enjoy the time - makes me very happy.

Yesterday the scale was up 1.6 pounds but today it is back to the steady 142.0 number.
I think my scale wanted to mess with me, like, ok you are frustrated that you keep seeing the exact same number? Well how would you like it if we just give you a HIGHER number? Ha.

So yes, I was actually relieved to see it went back down.

It’s February 1st so of course I feel like “Clean slate/day 1”.
I am feeling good about my plans. I have cut down on social activities a bit (but replacing with healthy activities) and will really need to strategize for outings- like next week I have at least one dinner party so will need to be careful with the calories. I can do it!
Old 02-01-2018, 10:03 PM   #4  
Biker Chick!

From me

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
PandaCupcake yes I bet the scale was just messing with you! Hey sorry to hear about your BF being ill, I hope he is under care and getting better? Congrats on your decision to try to get outside more, i guess it does help us. And I think it's great you go to a French class, 'just for fun' !

Lisa Heck yeah girl you are doing good with your carb cutting!!
I bet the piece of b-day cake tasted soooo good! and yay for you for getting out to socialize and that you had a good time!! Are you still thinking about moving? Is your daughter doing a little better, about Hank? I hope so

HI to Monica, Coop, Kathleen, JesikaBeth! would love to hear from all of you!

I have to keep on, keepin' on, with my better food choices and exercise, I have kicked January to the curb, but still have to 'get through' Feb. and March! I know I'm not supposed to 'wish my life away' but it is really blah here ...cold, locked in ice, we haven't had much sun in a long time.

I do daydream about the month of May, getting the motorcycle out, the summer job, getting back into my beloved routine there, and the excitement/nervousness about the new chef, he has worked at Ritz Carltons in Stockholm (!) and in the U.S., and there will be a new breakfast/lunch cook that I have to get along with LIke I'm gonna have to establish my position in the kitchen...which is dumb because I've got 17 years seniority over them!!

I've started to research recipes for this summer, it ALWAYS makes my stomach growl !!
Old 02-01-2018, 10:08 PM   #5  
Biker Chick!

Default February thread

I am still trying to project a more positive attitude about everything.

"I hate this crowded, ugly house" turn to 'I am so glad we have a house that the mortgage is paid off! and we have heat, water, etc'

"I loathe my big legs" to "I am so glad I HAVE legs!"

"another day of work, ugh" to "I am glad I am alive and that i have a job"

stuff like that
Old 02-01-2018, 10:18 PM   #6  

I'm down today. I feel cut off. I haven't been very good about taking my meds. Now I'm paying the price. I did better today with taking them.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

Vermont mom, that’s a great attitude. That works for me as well.

Lisa I hope you have a better day tomorrow- sending positive vibes!

Work has been so busy and I have to be at another location nect week plus I now have weekly evening meetings again regularly in addition to the regular workday- but tomorrow is Friday, so I’m looking forward to the weekend. Plus monday I have an appointment so only working til afternoon.

My goals for this weekend are to go to two fitness classes, drink water, continue to do well with calories, do some miles of walking, and get enough sleep. I will drink water or diet coke instead of alcohol or if I have alcohol will limit to max one drink Friday and one on Saturday and it cannot be a high calorie cocktail so just white wine or vodka with diet coke.
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:58 PM   #8  

Hi panda,

I cracked the patio door, turned a light on and had a bit of soup. I feel a little bit better. Fresh air seems to help my moods. Plus it gets dark, so early here.

I'm not feeling normal by any means, but better.

I'm going first thing in the morning to apply for a mobile home.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 02-01-2018 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:54 AM   #9  

Quote:
I am still trying to project a more positive attitude about everything.

"I hate this crowded, ugly house" turn to 'I am so glad we have a house that the mortgage is paid off! and we have heat, water, etc'

"I loathe my big legs" to "I am so glad I HAVE legs!"

"another day of work, ugh" to "I am glad I am alive and that i have a job"

stuff like that
It's hard isn't it, Holly? Sometimes, I have to be reminded to count my blessings.

I am happy here but it's not easy. I miss Jennifer. I feel alone, at times. I really need a therapist.

Until then, I'll just have to Crack the door for fresh air.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:59 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCupcake View Post
Vermont mom, that’s a great attitude. That works for me as well.

Lisa I hope you have a better day tomorrow- sending positive vibes!

Work has been so busy and I have to be at another location nect week plus I now have weekly evening meetings again regularly in addition to the regular workday- but tomorrow is Friday, so I’m looking forward to the weekend. Plus monday I have an appointment so only working til afternoon.

My goals for this weekend are to go to two fitness classes, drink water, continue to do well with calories, do some miles of walking, and get enough sleep. I will drink water or diet coke instead of alcohol or if I have alcohol will limit to max one drink Friday and one on Saturday and it cannot be a high calorie cocktail so just white wine or vodka with diet coke.
Just don't do the whole "should" thing. Should isn't a good thing. Do those things because you want to.

I'm not sure what I'm doing for the super bowl either. I may hit a pub around here somewhere. My TV is not on so I'll have to catch the game elsewhere.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:38 PM   #11  

I keep forgetting it’s superbowl weekend. I never watch football. I guess I should hope we win.
I’m supposed to go to movie with my boyfriend Sunday but he’s been having to cancel plans a lot lately do we shall see.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:43 PM   #12  

Someone I’m not speaking to texted me last night. I didn’t reply.
I slept in today and woke up at 1pm.

Next week there’s a work dinner with clients that I have not worked with; I can’t go because I have an evening work meeting but also that’s great as I don’t have to worry about the calories.

My scale FINALLY dropped by 1.6 yesterday. Hopefully it’s not just dehydration or something. I really want to see the scale move down. I want to fit into all my clothes again.
I am hoping by sometime in April. But in any case, I want to be more comfortable for June/Summer.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:30 PM   #13  

Hi ladies,

I've started cleaning the apartment, just encase I wind up moving. *knock on wood*

Crawling around on the floor isn't a good idea. Ouch

Have a good night.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:39 AM   #14  
Biker Chick!

Hello friends,

PandaCupcake I'm glad the scale dropped for you, oh how I know the feeling of wanting to be comfortable in your clothes and comfortable in your skin especially with warm weather coming in the months ahead.

Lisa you are ambitious and pro-active! watch out for crawling around on the floor though !!

HI to everyone else

My Saturdays at work are now 'normal' at 11 hours The money is good and I can usually take it okay but not if I dont' get a good night sleep the night before . for some reason I could not get restful sleep Friday night, had the long day yesterday, then last night woke up almost every hour with foot/ankle/leg cramps, the worst! Trying to get ready for work now, ugh, hopefully a long hot shower will help.

tonight will be a 'cheat' night food wise, we're going to older son's house for the game, and there will be Superbowl food

have a good day friends!!
Old 02-05-2018, 12:50 AM   #15  

Quote:
Hello friends,

PandaCupcake I'm glad the scale dropped for you, oh how I know the feeling of wanting to be comfortable in your clothes and comfortable in your skin especially with warm weather coming in the months ahead.

Lisa you are ambitious and pro-active! watch out for crawling around on the floor though !!

HI to everyone else

My Saturdays at work are now 'normal' at 11 hours The money is good and I can usually take it okay but not if I dont' get a good night sleep the night before . for some reason I could not get restful sleep Friday night, had the long day yesterday, then last night woke up almost every hour with foot/ankle/leg cramps, the worst! Trying to get ready for work now, ugh, hopefully a long hot shower will help.

tonight will be a 'cheat' night food wise, we're going to older son's house for the game, and there will be Superbowl food

have a good day friends!!
It's really does take longer for us to bounce back when tired, huh, Holly?

I was bored today. Watched dvds all day, not much else to do.

I'm hoping and praying I hear good news about the mobile home tomorrow.

I've been writing in my diary almost every day. Nothing too heavy, usually just how I'm feeling, news of Jennifer, stuff like that.

Speaking of my special daughter, she has adopted a stray from the same shelter where she got Hank from. Her new pups name is Stella and she's in love with her already. I am glad. Jennifer sounds happier.

Love to all.