South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-21-2018, 06:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Beach Chat 1/21-1/27

The end of the month is rapidly approaching. Here’s to another OP week and a kind scale!!! Coffee is ready....
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:45 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone.

Debbie I hope they hire someone soon. Although the extra money is probably nice. Hopefully the tippers are plentiful and kind.

Beth my Long Island friends went for a bike ride yesterday. Up until the afternoon we still had snow and ice on the roads. Very wise to get your workout done inside.

Pearlrose happy your DH will still get his pension. I am glad I can can help DS (lol not happy about it though) I told him I am only going to help with bills not his spending money. He drives to see his wife on the weekends. Not trying to be mean, but that will have to stop until they get paid. You know this means he is not registering and insuring the car yet (UGH). My nephew leaves for basic tomorrow I wonder how this will work for them. They hold money from their checks for their uniforms. You are doing awesome with the yoga challenge. I’d like to see 12 Strong and the new movie coming out about the soldiers and civilian on the train to Paris.

I was very nauseous most of yesterday and figured out why. I can not tolerate gluten for multiple meals. I ate off plan Friday at dinner then brunch which included two pancakes. I skippped dinner as I just was too queasy. Had veggies and hummus while watching TV and felt better. I know I am not allergic as I was tested a few years ago. Guess I am just sensitive. I did manage to be productive and clean the house, run some errands and catch up the laundry. Today will be groceries, food prep, the gym and maybe a trip to the mall (kind of doubt that one though). As Ruth says to do something kind for yourself, mine willl be a soak in my foot bath and an at home pedicure (no polish as my toes are staying in socks!))

Have a great day!!!
Old 01-21-2018, 08:18 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! I’m on the run to work as we have had our first major snow of the season. Not much about 7 inches so far but it’s supposed to snow all day. I took both of the vehicles over to our vacant lot and clean them all off and I’ll take the 4 Wheel Dr. to work. Got a path down my front sidewalk and out on the street. That’s Goodnuf for me. Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:45 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The concert was great last night, they still sound awesome. This morning I have two calls from work, one is still working on reports, ugh hate working on the weekends. So today will mainly be spent at home, I need to run the vacuum, did laundry yesterday and need to run to grocery store for a few items.

Jekel, I heard yesterday if any of the military has a bank account with USAA they are giving soliders an interest free loan to help them through. I hear you about only paying the bills then. Wasn't there snow and ice on the road for your friends bike ride?

Debbie hope you have good tippers today. I need to wash my car to get rid of all the salt from it.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:11 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks.

Yesterday was fairly productive. I got my groceries and a few other errands. This morning I've got laundry going, Kalyn's eggcups in the oven and have sorted a pile of paper that was sitting on the table. I need to pay a couple bills later, meal prep and exercise.

Jennifer, we had a big day of meltback but there's still plenty of snow out there. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Rose, glad you enjoyed the concert. A conference call on a Sunday sounds like a pain. I washed my car last week right before our last big storm; I should do it again since there is a new coating of salt on it.

Debbie, hope you have a good work day!

Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:28 PM   #6  

Pearlrose he still banks with my bank. I can make an instant transfer to his account which is helpful. USAA really does do the right thing for our military. He was supposed to register the car in Florida this week and switch to USAA for his car insurance. Guess that will be on hold for now. My cycling buddies live about an hour and a half southeast of me. Apparently the weather is much kinder to them LOL. Hope the conference calls didn’t take too long.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:46 AM   #7  

Hey chicks.

Happy Monday!

Somehow I have a minute today to stop in.

Nothing special today: work, walk, and I need to stop at Lowe's on my way home to pick up a few things for a Science Fair project.

Food was so-so over the weekend so I will be back on the wagon today. I did exercise though.

Have a good day,all!
Old 01-22-2018, 07:00 AM   #8  

Good morning,

Rainy start to the day here, I am getting ready to head into work. I ended up working all day yesterday boo. Nothing on the agenda this evening. Eating was not so great on Saturday but got back on track yesterday.

Beth back to the work week we go lol.

Jekel hoping they sign something today at noon. It's amazing how just an hour away the weather can be so different.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:07 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Monday Morning to us. We are going to be hit with major freezing rain by noon so will hunker down by afternoon. I was planning on going to quilting for the day but find it really scary driving icy back roads despite my snow tires. Bruce is just now on the road to recovery from his "not the "flu" cold and will stay home today although he plans to go for coffee at the church hall this morning.

Ventured onto the scale this a.m. and the news was not good. Guess I'm need to go back to recording my food. One of these days I'll get bloodwork done again and get the usual lecture from Dr Jack about managing my diabetes better. So far, I'm good.

Following the US news a lot lately. I can't imagine the effect of government shut-down and hope things get resolved quickly.

The recovering Parson just hollered that we leave for coffee shortly so I'd best get a move on. Stay safe and warm today.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:03 AM   #10  

Default Books

I would welcome any guidance on the South Beach diet books... there are so many versions.... I would like any opinons on which seems to be the easiest, best and effective.... thank you in advance! <3
alfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:43 PM   #11  

Hi Alfur. The books are very similar as the principles of South Beach has not changed over the years. Some of the newer versions have different recipes. I’ve read the original and the Super Charged book. It’s really a personal choice. I borrowed the original book and was able to download the Super Charged book on my iPad. It makes it easy for me to look back quickly through the app. See if your local library has both then you can compare them.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:49 PM   #12  

Afternoon chicks....

I had a very bad binge day yesterday, but that is behind me. I had NO and I mean NO control yesterday.

Ruth you are better off staying in when its icy out. Not worth it IMHO.
Beth what is the school project?
Pearlrose I know our military was happy to hear the government is back in business....lol so is my bank account.

I made unstuffed cabbage rolls. Simple easy recipe that I like to add crushed red pepper to. Apparently I had a very heavy hand with it. Boy is it spicy!!!! At least I am getting extra water in LOL. It’s a dreary day here so I am skipping the gym tonight to ride the bike at home.

Have a great night!
Old 01-22-2018, 06:30 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekel383 View Post
Hi Alfur. The books are very similar as the principles of South Beach has not changed over the years. Some of the newer versions have different recipes. I’ve read the original and the Super Charged book. It’s really a personal choice. I borrowed the original book and was able to download the Super Charged book on my iPad. It makes it easy for me to look back quickly through the app. See if your local library has both then you can compare them.
Thank you.... was planning on downloading a digital version, but had no idea which one ❤️
alfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:25 AM   #14  

Good morning,

Boy it was windy last night, cold front came through so its back to the cold but at least not bitter cold temps. I am wfh today still ploughing through reports. Eating has been op since Sunday. Nothing on the agenda this evening.

Ruth if there are icy roads this gal is not going out lol

Jekel I am sure your bank acct was happy , now hopefully they can figure it out before Feb 8th

Old 01-23-2018, 08:56 AM   #15  

Good morning, chicks. We are on a delay due to freezing rain; it is slated to warm up by mid-morning so school is on but I did get to stay in bed a bit.

So short day at work and exercise inside. Other than that, nothing special

Jennifer, I coach a Science Olympiad team and our competition is in February. This project is a Rube Goldberg machine (one of those chain reaction machines; we get points for certain actions triggering other actions). Glad DS is off your payroll and back on the government's.

Rose, good luck with those reports.

Ruth, glad B is feeling better! Seems like we are having lots of ice this year.

Debbie, hope things are progressing with the new business and the snow isn't too bad.

to Alfur! I second what was already said. Either book (not cookbook) is important to read to understand the principles of SB eating. After that, check the FAQ and Getting Started section of this site. Tons of great info!

Got to go. Have a good day, all.