Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-02-2018, 07:02 PM   #1  

Default Looking for a weight loss buddy

I'm just starting my weight loss journey, but I know I won't stick with it unless I have someone to partner up with. I have about 70 lbs or so.
Any takers??
SavedbyHisgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/166/120

Height: 5'1

Hi! I am also looking for a weight loss buddy. Tell me about yourself!

Me... 5'1, just under 170 lbs. I want to lose 50. For my height, I'm carrying far too much weight. I'll turn 31 late January. We are from the Chicagoland area. My husband and I want to start having kids soon, and I'd like to be at least under 150 before that begins. I've gained quite rapidly, in 4 years I gained 40 lbs. I look pregnant- most of my weight is in my stomach area. I'm currently unemployed (see my thread in Depression and Weight loss if you want to know the full story), and very depressed and sedentary. Small goals for me are to clean my workout room so I can actually use my equipment, go to the gym that I've paid over a years worth of dues for and haven't attended, start cutting carbs and alcohol, and just MOVE more. My depression and weight gain feed into each other. It's frustrating, but not uncommon.

I won't be offended if you are not a good match. But I'd love to hear more about you.
tinypixiexoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:15 PM   #3  

Hi, I'm in So. Indiana. I'm 5'4 and around 230 (ugggh, it's awful to even speak). I've gained about 60 lbs over the last 6 years. I lost 230 (called an ex husband) 6 1/2 years ago and frankly I'm a happy eater. Do I want to lose the weight, absolutely!! , but I am not going to let it beat me down. I will turn 46 in May and have 3 boys age 26, 22 and 13. I am very familiar with depression. While I've been blessed not to have suffered from it, my parents battle it at times. More so my mom.
I work 10-12 hours a day as a school nurse and I'm sedentary for long periods. I keep a garden in the spring and summer, have chickens, dogs and a couple cats. I stay busier than I'd like and my eating habits suck. I may go all day and not eat or drink or I may eat like there's no tomorrow. I know how I'm supposed to way, drink and exercise to lose, but not having someone to be accountable with, really does make a difference.
SavedbyHisgrace is offline   Reply With Quote