Old 12-13-2017, 07:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Default 10 Regainers regaining control and relosing!

Here is a new thread - we hit 500 on the old one. Link to the previous is here.

May there be lots of good stories and good loss into 2018!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:23 PM   #2  

Ok - royally messed up the new thread - sent a a mod a note to see if they could help out. Here's hoping. In the meantime - I MADE IT THROUGH THE DAY!

I feel good about such, I am getting there, however at the end I had a sweet tooth, so it's iffy if I did ok.

Wishing you all well - 12 days until Christmas!
Old 12-14-2017, 01:13 PM   #3  

Oh well - I am not in the 230s. That's good as it's been awful questionable these last few days. I have had sweets readily at the house due to the littles and DH bringing items in (ok - who am I kidding - me too!).

Sorry didn't post first thing - had issues booking part of my tri[ and then had to get kids on the bus and sprint to town for groceries. Picked up stuff to make a few Christmas gifts as well.

Would love it I had about 6 more of myself through the holidays and then one for the trip to deal w/extended family and myself to enjoy with my own family. However I will have to make due with myself. So, I am trying to get more things ready for the trip then Christmas.

Diet wise - I think we will be canceling the gym membership - we aren't using it much and in the end that money can be used elsewhere, like doctor bills and school. I am trying to be good without tracking my calories and just watching my scale - maybe not wise through the vacation, however I don't feel like micromanaging and am trying to eat until I feel satisfied - not full and not overstuffed. I am also trying to increase my water intake - it's been haphazard at best in getting it all done. Alas.

I hope you all are doing well, and I hope you can find this new link. I have asked for the mess-up one to be deleted, I closed the thread but I wasn't able to delete it. I only started this one as we had hit 500 posts (sorry, i have needed to talk to other like minded people during this frustration I will call a diet).

Enjoy your thursday - I hope that everyones scale is doing well!
Old 12-14-2017, 01:48 PM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemonthyme: Thank you for starting a new thread. Amazing that we're starting #10! Looks like you are holding your weight under 230, so that's awesome!! You can be pretty happy heading into your Christmas and trip!

For me, the meeting today is about what to do in the event of a robbery or active shooter. We had something like it last year because our offices are in the same building as our bank branch. It is mandatory and the pizza is the only option for lunch. Oh well. I'm not above eating pizza, but I just would really like something fresh with it. Probably not going to happen. I think I can survive. Of course there is a different work function happening later in the day, going with one of the companies we work with for drinks and appetizers. Ugh. I can stay strong through that, though. I think.

Hope everyone finds the new thread! Looking forward to hearing from everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/170

Height: 6,1

Hi again

Thanks to everyone for responding in the other thread - particularly for those who take the time to share their "relapses" and ultimate successes. That's so inspiring. I remember it all feeling doable, from 50 pounds lighter...I hope I can get back there. This week has been solid, low cal, walking to work most days. I have a two week free gym trial that I can start any time before the new year (I cancelled my membership last January because I was just sick of it all...and that of course fed into the backslide that started last Christmas). And I wanted to start this week, but have been very tired and not really up to anything other than the walk to work..even that has had me dragging my *** some days. I'm feeling more in control, having four good days under my belt. I braved the scale this morning and it said 252. I'm not miserable over that. Though still, when I think about it, hugely disappointed at how far I've got to go again.

I think the season is getting me down. It's so beautiful and romantic, and I'm a bit lonely but not feeling the least bit attractive or flirty and unwilling to get out there dating. There's even someone I have a bit of a growing crush on, but I just don't feel like being touched or looked at so............meh. Also, and I feel a bit guilty for this, but my Mum keeps coming to visit every weekend and it's getting on my nerves >.< I moved to a city about an hour and a half away, after being very far for many years, and she's been popping down a lot over the past few weeks. Just for the afternoon or whatever, but I just want a whole weekend to myself...but could never say that because she'd feel like she could never come. Oh well. We had a nice time last weekend. If I'm honest with myself, I want to be by myself to hang out in my pyjamas, reading trashy novels and stuffing my face, anyway.

It's hard to believe Christmas is little more than a week away. I'll be heading up to my parents' a week from tomorrow. I'm tempted to give up the effort for the rest of the year. It's not like I'll be looking cute in the family pictures at this point anyway! ...but seriously. I don't think I feel totally compulsive now, but I am distracted by wanting to eat tasty foods
Bookmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:54 AM   #6  

Book: you sound like I was before I met DH. I was doing tryings half heartedly in some respects. If you have a bit extra in the funds - go out and find something to wear that you feel pretty in, a swanky pair of heels or whatever makes you feel good and strong. Call up a friend and go on out for drinks and dinner - have laughs and tales, give a wink to someone - even the old man who looks cranky or flash him a smile (they enjoy it quite often). You may have some extra poundage that you feel is hindering you - but you know what - give yourself a smile - fill yourself with confidence - and hit your stride. To tell you the truth, I met my DH when I was “heavy” I weighed 219 then and in the year of courtship to marriage I managed to get to 180. I lap swam three times a week for 22 - 30 mins and I’m not a super great swimmer. I am here to attest that my DH was not one hung up on the outside package completely - if so he could have run after the first date like others have. I have visible surgical scars near my face which some men couldn’t handle and only would talk to that and not me or my eyes. I was heavier but was working on it, in the end my guy has favorite parts of the outside me, but loves me for me - as he puts it - he loves me, no matter my size - not what the scale shows, not what pant size I am. So get out there and celebrate you!

Also in regards to your mum: how about say you are trying to learn the area on the weekends (you said you moved, yes?) and maybe her popover you can switch and say let’s meet during the week for lunch somewhere close to work if you can. I’m guessing she’s enjoying the opportunity to switch up her daily/weekend schedule. It’s up to you to set up some boundaries if you will. If you’d rather have her come visit once a month, then say so - fill your other weekends with some happenings - maybe visit something you haven’t, check out local tourist or historical sites (every town seems to have something), plan a day trip to the countryside. But plan something even if it’s an hour on a Saturday - then you are busy for the weekend plus your normal life of laundry, shopping and bumming about - and no guilt when you say mum I love you but I’ve got something planned. Plus too she may be living vicariously through you - maybe you have different opportunities then she did at your age and she’s trying to capture those feelings too. You can do that! We all love our moms - but sometimes we need to say we need a bit of space.

Diane: did you survive the pizza? And the drinks? I have school concert today and the doors open at noon so there will be a mad rush I’m sure. Ugh. How’s your christmas spirit doing? Mine falters some days.

Lil: how are you feeling? How is FIL? How’s your hubs doing with it all?

Toasted: you ran away again! I hope all is settling soon for you and your time away from work will be grand. Any travel plans or just sitting back at the house?

Laurie: how has your world settled down? Did DH get over his issue? I hope things are much more smoother for you. This is not the time of year to deal w excess worries. There’s too many when someone says December in general.

Who am I missing? hello all!

AM: 227. 0

I had cookies again - mindlessly eating and I made comfort food last night tatertot, ground beef, cheddar cheese - the only good thing for me in the recipe was yogurt instead of sour cream. Hah! But it was good and hot and well, tasty! Today back to a fast, cookies are gone (yeah children!) and back to veg, fruit and chicken or eggs. Tomorrow I’d like to be 226 or even 225. One can hope!

I am working on my homemade gifts. It’s been slow going for some of it. I ordered from amazon yesterday, mainly S man type things that are a bit special to throw in their bags. I also am stockpiling the sewing projects for the trip but I can’t begin those until Christmas gifts are done and out of the way. Plus those fabrics haven’t shipped yet - I should be able to whip 3 pairs of shorts out fairly quick once I check the fit. Yes in one months time I’ll be in sun and warmth for a week and probably crazy nuts by the time the plane lands having run to get this all done.

Ok - back to dealing with the weight. I best keep that on focus today and see if I can get back to 225. Salad it is then.

Happy day all!
Old 12-15-2017, 02:43 PM   #7  
Diane

Bookmark: Boy the holidays can just bring it on, all the emotions and expectations. Ugh! I do agree with Lemonthyme, though, that you might just have to delicately set some boundaries. It's a tough thing, but you have to save your sanity, too.

Lemonthyme: They actually had salad, too!! I passed on the cookies they had as they didn't look very good to me. I love me some cookies, but I didn't want to have those particular ones. The drinks went well, I just had a beer. There were appetizers, but they weren't that tempting. And, it was fun! I am getting into Christmas stuff now. It is finally close enough for me to start enjoying it. Ha! Lots to do this weekend, and it is all good/fun stuff.

For me, I am getting excited about Christmas, but I'm also really excited about starting the new year. I feel like there is so much hesitation before Christmas because of all the disruption. Once you finally get to the new year, it is easier for me to buckle down and think of what I need to do for goals and such. I'm so ready to make 2018 a good year with weight loss and fitness. I just had a really good review with work, and I'm excited about the changes we're making there. I love the fresh start of January.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:15 PM   #8  

I'll just be reading the thread. I lost 50lbs in 3 months last year kept it off a year. Then gained it all back then now lost 60 lbs in 4 months now in my 5th month it's abit slow. My issue is keeping it off. The losing part is the fun game.
Shtinkingforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 12:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/170

Height: 6,1

Yes, I may need to find a way to set some boundaries in the new year if it continues. I'm not concerned about others not finding me attractive. I don't feel comfortable and I'm not the sort of person that shoes will change that for. But that's fine, once I start feeling better things will change. It's just the holiday atmosphere bullshit. More and more I wish I could skip it. The day is just my sister's husband and kids running a circus in between food and chores (I do love my family , though it might not sound like it. I just would be way more down for some cozy adult festivity). Oh well, I guess it's just a day.

Today was not good, foodwise, but I didn't expect it to be. Payday. Friday. It could have been much worse, but I definitely wasn't in a weight loss, or even maintenance, zone calorie wise. And pretty much everything I ate was unhealthy. I'm trying to focus on the fact that I feel gross as a result of my food choices, and that I'm not feeling compulsive, and hope to hang onto that tomorrow. I've sketched out a meal plan with room for reasonable snackage if I feel inclined. We shall see.
Bookmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:10 AM   #10  

Today I woke hungry and I decided to eat instead of IF my way into my day. Somedays I just need to do that, sometimes I can be really good the next day on the scale, and others not so much. However, I am thankful I am out of the 230s from hades. YEAH.

My family is off to see the opening weekend and an early bird showing. I stopped watching after the third installment, however it's one of my DHs loves so he's off with the kids and then doing a bit of shopping thereafter.

I think sometimes when we start to make one change for the good, the rest can follow. That's how I am choosing to look at my days right now. Though the scale can throw my thoughts into a wobble and spin - in general with each good change I make, I am hopeful my outlook continues. I have ventured into trying new styles of sewing patterns that I'd otherwise turn the page on - and in the end what I have chosen looks good on the developing body shape! I am finding I have more zip (less the Christmas readiness need) to do things with my kids - and that is something important as they are only little so long and then comes the angst years of disliking you as a parent - I get it, we all did it - trying those pushing wings before they are ready to fly. And on top of that my DH said I look years younger than his sister with my changes - she's about 5 years younger than I - so I will take that as a compliment. So that's my thought going into a new year.

Is my weight on task? No. Diane: when is the holiday final weigh in? 12/31 or 12/26 (hopefully not then - i have to get a few more cookies in me!).

Find something good in your weekend all and enjoy! I am off to slay a few more homemade gifts. Here's hoping. Hello All!
Old 12-17-2017, 06:52 AM   #11  

no w/i today

but I do need to share - I had excitement in my neighborhood last night. Someone had too much to drink, was driving and hopped the curb in front of my house and took out a stop sign and a car parked at the neighbors. We have to go investigate this morning with daylight if there is further damage as I heard multiple crashes on their way down the street - but holy cow = what a mess. No one was injured, just property. and all is replaceable with time and money and maybe a growing season.

Otherwise - bad on dieting this weekend. I have been grazing on wonderful oranges and graham crackers and I had a soda - so I am not looking ahead to tomorrows weigh in. I am sure I will be right back up there. Oh well - such it goes.

Happy day all!
Old 12-18-2017, 06:47 AM   #12  

totally wobbling trying to keep the diet on track - BARELY - and getting the last items done for Christmas. Good gravy - I am so far behind. The good news is I have kept the weight lower than when I started Diane's challenge - the bad news - I am not where I had hoped to be. Ill blame the cookies that follow me home and my use of soda to keep me moving during the day - I should really stick w/the coffee for that, but sometimes the other calls your name.

Not too much earth shattering here - my nose has to be to the grindstone today - I have to wrap and work on my gifts. Just know I am thinking of y'all and wish that your worlds don't seem as crazy as my own!

And may your scales look good - maybe just maybe I can loose something before Saturday.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:45 AM   #13  

Well Heck girls, I'm back. But not all back on track and raring to go.

First things first, FIL had his second surgery and is doing okay, but having some problems that mean his kids have had to rally around. We live over an hour away, but husband is taking off work Wednesday to go help his mom and dad. Hopefully things will go well. He had a temporary side effect of the surgery, basically irritation to the brain, that caused his tremors to decrease dramatically! That was awesome, but they've come back now and he's really anxious to get the actual device turned on.

Hubby and I still miss our little doggy girl, but we're getting used to having only our boy. He, in turn, is acting a bit odd but that is to be expected.

Hubby and I are (mostly) over our sickness. He's doing fine. I'm still coughing. That HAS to stop soon because: I get to have surgery soon!

Yeah. So Monday night I'd had a backache and stomach ache. Thought it was just my back. Went to the chiropractor on Tuesday - then again Wednesday, because it didn't seem to help. By Thursday it was bad enough I made an appt. with my primary doctor who took one look and scheduled me an ultrasound on the gallbladder Friday morning. I missed ALL day Friday at work, sick as a dog. In the words of the nurse who called with the results - my gallbladder is "packed with stones". So. I've basically eaten broth, white toast, boiled chicken and rice since then. I see a surgeon on the 21st to see about scheduling the surgery to remove it.

On the up side, I've pretty much met the holiday challenge! I weighed this morning and I'm down to 266! That's approximately 8 lbs in a week.

So...not really dieting, just can't eat and no appetite anyway. What a pain this is - both literally and figuratively.

Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:16 PM   #14  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! New thread! Woot!
Lilion - So glad you're mostly over your bronchities, and that you’re down on the scale. But what a terrible way to get there. You’ve had so much stress over the past few weeks, between the bronchitis, a gallbladder packed with stones, your father-in-law, and your baby girl dog. Hopefully, the miracle of modern medicine will work for both you and him and that you’ll be back in fighting shape soon.

Lemonthyme – Thank you for starting the new thread, and yay for maintaining your weight during the holidays. I am fortunate that soda doesn’t hold a lot of appeal for me, yet I have indulged in it too the past few days. Not much, but why am I wasting calories on something with no nutritional value and no great appeal for me? Glad that the drunk driving incident resulted in damage only to property and not to people, but wow. Thrilled that the 230s are finally in your rear view mirror. You definitely earned it. And thank you for asking about the husband. Yes, he’s better. I think it was Toasted who suggested that I wait until things calmed down and bring it up. I told him yesterday that I think our marriage is solid except for two primary obstacles – his ridiculous insecurity and my tendency to get caught up in work or fitness goals or other distractions and to not prioritize my time with him and the kids. I promised to work on my issue. He promised to work on his. Since they feed into each other (he gets more insecure when I don’t spend time with him, and I just want to escape when he is being irrational and making me feel bad), I am hopeful that these blow-ups will become much more rare. They won’t end, as his insecurity and my tendency to embrace busy-ness are deeply ingrained, but that doesn’t mean they won’t improve.

Bookmark – So glad you’re back and posting regularly. And I can totally relate. The holidays seem like just a chore to get through sometimes. So much family drama in my world. I also really relate to the food choices that I know are not right for me making me feel really, really physically awful. I am trying to get my husband more on board with my need to make good eating choices, and mentioned to him that when I am overfull or sick from too much sugar, I tend to be much less interested in sex. =) His solution? Morning sex. At least I gave it a shot, eh? I also always forget to mention how much I love your avatar. Ingrid Bergman is independently awesome, but I especially love her in Casablanca.
Shtinkingforever – Welcome! Whether you post or just read, it’s great to be part of this group. I would encourage you to update us on your progress from time to time. You don’t need to do personals. Not all of us do. But we’d love to cheer you on. I find your comment that the “losing part is the fun game” interesting. Sometimes, I feel like that. I am going to try to embrace that for this twenty pounds that I need to take off. (AGAIN.) And then, maybe I can try to find the excitement in keeping it off?

Diane – Congratulations on your review at work! I have said it before, but I feel fairly confident that you are the glue that holds your company together. You are so reliable and work so hard, often under difficult circumstances. It is great that they’re acknowledging your worth and (hopefully) giving you some exciting new challenges. I also completely relate to your excitement about the New Year. The holidays are fraught with obligation, emotion, and too much food. The New Year is about driving forward and getting stronger and making things better. Bring on the New Year, baby!

Toasted – Totally took your advice! (I actually posted after you, but my post got swallowed up in the inefficiency of 3FC, so you wouldn’t know that.) I spoke with the husband, and I am going to work at making sure he knows he’s a priority to me, and he’s going to try to stop jumping to the familiar “everybody hates me” spot. I am sssooo hopeful that you can actually relax for three weeks. THREE WEEKS. That’s so amazing. Spending it “visioning” sounds like a great use of that time, too. Totally #TLTMAS again, but I admire your ability to put things in perspective and to create and execute plans. I know you are not where you want to be weight-wise, but you have spent years way below your starting weight. Getting some time to access your own wisdom and determination will mean 2018 is going to be amazing in one way or another, depending on where you decide to commit your energy. Can’t wait to hear about it!

I have been neglecting check-ins. It is because I am busy, but it is also because I really haven't wanted to check in and admit that my weight control is a hot mess right now. But here I am, at 159.6 pounds (at least not crossing the 160 threshold!) and recognizing that meeting the holiday challenge is not likely to happen. A 5-pound loss would have put me at 144. But you know what? I am still within my super-stretch range, and haven’t just given in completely over the holiday season. That’s something, right?
But enough messing around. It stops TODAY. I woke up this morning and thought of the fudge in the fridge. I have also not weighed in a significant amount of time. My thought was “fudge or scale this morning?” And I chose the scale and ignored the fudge. I have been pounding my water, and have eaten only tuna today. Protein, water, low-cal, and walking. I should have hit the gym too, but lots of demands on my time are making the gym more difficult. And I’m trying to be okay about that. My ex-husband is getting a divorce from his current wife, and my 14yo daughter just needs some time with me today. And that’s more important than the gym today.

Today’s goals.
1 – Plank work-out x 2
2 – 25K steps
3 – Reasonable food (NO CANDY TODAY)
4 – Try to do a 30-minute work-out at home, but don’t let it make me crazy.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:53 PM   #15  
Diane

ShtinkingForever: Feel free to post whenever you want!! It is a pretty good group here and we really support each other!

Bookmark: Well, the holidays are winding down (or up, however you look at it!). We'll survive!!! I'm looking forward to getting into the new year.

Lemonthyme: Well, I had originally planned to have the 5 pounds off by 12/31, but that isn't happening for me. Maybe you can make it by then, so I'll cheer you on from here!

Lilion: Congrats on the weight loss! Good for you! Hopefully, you're surviving all of the stuff going on with your life. I hope all goes well with your FIL!

Laurie: Good to see you posting! Sounds like you've been awfully busy, and I'm glad you're taking the time to be with your daughter. It definitely is more important than the gym. We'll get it back on track!!

For me, I'm making this quick because I'm trying to get stuff wrapped up here at work. I'll be off next week, so I need to get under control before then. I went to the gym this morning, so that was good.