Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:58 AM   #1  

Default Cant stop gaining weight

Hi my Name is Evelyn, im 18 and this year i have put on alot of weight after recovering from an eating disorder. I reached my healthy goal weight about five months ago, and yet continued to gain weight though i have been eating less and less to try and stop this. I dont want to lose weight and i wouldnt mind if i was gaining weight if i was eating to be. But im eating very healthily, vegan and im often not going over 1000-1200 calories each day plus im an active teen. I usaually eat these calories all in the morning and just dont have much lunch or dinner. I know i shouldnt be restricting my calories more bit i feel like if i eat normally again i will never be a normal weight. I feel so trapped. I am 173cm and 62kg
Chubeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome!

If you are an active teen, you may be requiring more calories to fire your body especially if you are an athlete. As for the weight gain, are you eating more carbs with the diet you are doing? What are your protein sources?

You are right on target for height/weight if I read and convert your numbers - 5' 8" and 136 lbs? That's of normal weight and BMI for what you have posted (at 18, that's what I was too!). At 18, don't forget your body begins to take on more of a womanly figure and with that can go weight as your hormones change/develop. If you are concerned you are gaining too rapidly and you have other symptoms such as fatigue, no energy, lots of new body hair etc, you might want to have your thyroid checked. Since you had an eating disorder previously, I strongly suggest talking with a doctor to see what they have to say about where you should be weight wise. They can also refer you to a dietician to help you work on a balanced food plan that will help you.

Good luck!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:12 PM   #3  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Macros matter as much or more than calories. Too many carbs stimulates insulin (which is the hormone that tells your body to store fat) and suppresses leptin (which is the hormone that tells you you're full). Review your diet and see how many carbs you're eating a day. The weight loss sweet spot is around 100g of total carbs per day. Also, cut out any and all crap in your diet- all highly processed food, chemical laden food, etc. needs to go. Eat nutritious real foods only, something that can be sourced on a farm, from a field or from the sea.
Good websites:
www.marksdailyapple.com (this one was life changing for me)
www.dietdoctor.com (this one is changing my life right now)
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 05:14 PM   #4  

Default 20 most weight loss

Here are the 20 most weight loss-friendly foods on earth, that are supported by science.
Whole Eggs. Once feared for being high in cholesterol, whole eggs have been making a comeback. ...
Leafy Greens. ...
Salmon. ...
Cruciferous Vegetables. ...
Lean Beef and Chicken Breast. ...
Boiled Potatoes. ...
Tuna. ...
Beans and Legumes.
sanym111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:22 PM   #5  

Maybe you need to workout if you don't, or increase your working out rate if you already do. Make sure that you're having enough sleep, sleep is key when it comes to being healthy fit, same goes for resting enough and not stressing out. You might want to try having healthy snacks between meals like Oatmeal, Peanuts/Peanut butter, baked potatoes, Tuna fish, sweet potatoes, etc...
Danny21 is offline   Reply With Quote