Old 12-07-2017, 08:47 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #302 Bale of Turtles Getting It Done

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck.
Itryharder
Judy
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:55 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I had my first meeting here in NY where the Freestyle emphasis in WW was introduced. Briefly WW changed the points of lean protein foods such as no fat yogurt, skinless chicken breast, fish, shellfish, etc. to zero points. The daily number we have been using dropped. I did the program with the new twist yesterday and found I had 4 Smart Points left over which automatically rolled over to my weekly points to be used at special occasions if needed. When a food is a zero food, it doesn't need to be weighed or tracked. Sound scary? Not according to WW's which says that the new zero pointed foods (like a whole egg for example) are seldom overeaten and at the same time allow the protein to fill you in more and help stop you from eating other higher pointed foods.
I actually like this new slant on foods and protein and am interested in how I can make it work.
Sending : and and and to any and all who read these posts and especially to those who are kind enough to chime in as well.

Gail, I hope this helps. Today I am going to make a veggie chili with beans since that will end up being a zero points food which will be perfect for a lunch thru the week. Good luck with all the preparation for a lovely Christmas with the grandkids.

Itryharder
Judy
234.6/188/145 or thinner
Old 12-13-2017, 07:50 PM   #3  
Chick

Used the Freestyle program at WW's this week and lost 1.4# I'm happy about that since I was able to eat several foods that are not considered "diet" and yet still lost weight. Of course I am looking ahead and thinking that when I keep this up I'll be my right weight in the early summer. Wouldn't that be nice?
:
: to all the Turtles,
Judy
Old 12-14-2017, 09:12 AM   #4  

Height: 5'3

hello turtles. I am using the WW online program. Since August of 2017 I have lost 20 lbs and have been stuck on 205/201 range for 6 weeks.
Now they have changed the program to something like South Beach with free protein and vegetables. Although the addition of corn is an even big puzzler.

With freestyle I have just added a meal to my day. Eggs and egg beater omlette. I still had another breakfast It is not going to work for me without rethinking my attitude. With the lower points I have been using up my weekly points too.
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:40 AM   #5  
Chick

2Bees!! Glad you chimed in here.
Congrats on your wonderful weight loss. It's not fun hitting a plateau and all of us can tell you we've been there.Sending you : to get past this snag and onto the weight loss you deserve.

I looked forward to a change in the program and then I was afraid I wouldn't lose weight with Freestyle. I did lose better than a pound after struggling all autumn so I hope that happens with you too. when you added the meal of an omelet did that stop you from eating other foods? Does anyone have some help to offer?

Wishing all the turtles : and Gail, how are you doing?
Judy
Old 12-19-2017, 09:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Welcome 2Bees!

I have been sick with a cold virus and severe sore throat - been going on for about 10 days and I am super tired of this. Was off work all last week, but came back yesterday even though I am still abit sick. But am on the mend.

I have my final weigh in this week at Tops & hoping for a nice loss.

Judy - thank you for the ww information. Zero points food makes me nervous, I need portion control for sure. Hopes this works out for you.
Wondering, so now how many points that you need to count do you have?

All - good luck this week, everyone.

Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:03 AM   #7  
faylene

Default good morning

i am so glad to find you...i am starting ww but i lose very slowly and need lots and lots of help..im 5ft and weigh in at 220 and now diabetic hope to make lots of new freinds here
mamma04930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:42 PM   #8  
Chick

to Mamma! Congrats on starting WW and good luck. The turtles are a small group, and we always welcome new members. It'll be fun learning more about you.

Gail, I knew something had to be wrong since you went so long without chiming in. Feel better soon. Sounds like a wicked virus.
To your question: Because of my weight, age, height I get 24Smart Points daily and 24(I think, maybe 28) smart points weekly. It sounds so strange but I find I often am able to roll over 4 points many days during the week. I lost another 1.4# this week and am so happy about that. Of course this week coming up is a very challenging one, but one day at a time, right??
Happy Holidays. If you are reading this, chime in and offer some solutions or questions or just say hello.
Wishing : to everyone and to keep on keeping on! We are doing this.
Judy
234.6/185/170and thinner We can do this!
Old 12-20-2017, 10:28 PM   #9  

Height: 5'3

Hello again turtles. Guess it is cold season. I have missed that bug but had a friend with a real cough for the longest time.
Welcome mamma04930, it is good to see others trying for the same goals.
I only went over on points that 1st week because I went out for dinner at a bbq place. Those baked beans and corn bread were heavy points. And I had enough leftovers to go over points the next day. Like bandit2 said-zero points should still have a calorie/portion reality check.
This week has gone better. Except I bought bread.
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:49 AM   #10  
Chick

Hey 2Bees, you're doing great.
Oh, sounds like you have a "thing" with bread. Count me in. Me too. Let me know how it goes. I am fooling around with the program and trying very hard to have no more than one slice of lite bread a day. I also am having veggies rather than grains at dinner and eating lots of chicken. I really think these first few weeks on this new WW program is for experimentation..................and for me with Christmas right here the timing is tough. Had a couple of slipups after my WI, and today should be a great day.

I've got my ds and his family coming in on Sat. thru Wed. and that will be hectic but fun. I've got lots done for the big days and now I just have to pull it all off. lol. and maybe

Sending : to all. Keep writing and let's all make 2018 a year of great cheer and : I know we can do this!
Judy
234.6/185.2/170 and thinner
Old 12-27-2017, 07:50 PM   #11  

Hi turtles & welcome to the newbies!!!

Finally over my cold virus, it was sooooo bad & lasted a full 2 weeks. But good now.

Had a really nice Christmas, busy but great.

At my final weigh in I was down 4.5# which was mostly because I was sick. But ended up 14# down for the year.
Doesn't sound like much but when you go up/down a lot some times months pass & you end up where you started.
So, my goal is to drop another 15# by July 1st, then set another goal.

All - hope you all had a great Christmas with your loved ones. We are in a deep freeze up here, bitter cold but at least the roads are good for driving.

Take care, stay on track & keep warm!
Gail
Old 12-31-2017, 11:15 PM   #12  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
Wishing you all a very healthy, prosperous, and thinner new Year.
Gail, that is amazing to lose that much this year. So many times we'd write back and forth and have trouble holding onto a 2# loss, and look how well you did by the end of the year! Weigh to go. : I love your new goal. I will make that my goal too. We can keep on track.

I just got my first Fitbit badge now that I've signed into my new account. It's Happy Hills for walking 10 flights of stairs.....................that had to do with putting away the Christmas decorations.

Onward and downward for all of us!
judy
Itryharder
Old 01-03-2018, 03:19 PM   #13  

Hi turtles

Happy New Year!!!

Judy - congrats on your fitbit badge - I am sure you will love being on there. Really is motivating and fun.

Still trying to keep warm up here - been so cold your face hurts when you go outside. It has warmed up a few degrees the last few days, but still bitter cold.

All - here's to everyone doing well this year & sticking to our goals!

Gail
Old 01-03-2018, 06:50 PM   #14  
Chick

Hey Turtles,
How are you doing?
Things a bit crazy here, but I say that a lot. Today my car was dead. It's very new and the battery was shot. So, I spent today indoors, had it towed and fixed, but that was an all day thing. Luckily I did not eat over it and I'm happy about that. I had made a split pea soup and when I counted it out, it was really good. That and the eggs for breakfast were good.
Had to miss my meeting since I was dealing with the car. oh well, I'll go next week. Have a great week. Remember we're all trying to go onward and downward~!! :
Judy
234.6/185/170 and thinner
Old 01-09-2018, 11:44 AM   #15  

Hi turtles

Judy - I also had a dead car last Saturday and got a boost & let it run for awhile. Temp have warmed & so far my car has still started. The day it was dead it was minus 28 C for 2 days & I guess that is what did it. Such a nuisance!

Yesterday, we got lots of snow and the roads were really bad in the morning, so a snow day for me. I tried heading out but it took me 1/2 hour to go what usually takes 10 minutes before going onto the highway, so I turned around and went home. Snowed all day, but today roads are fine.
I made 2 banana bread loafs which turned our yummy but have to be careful not to overdo it when it comes to those things. Had 1 small piece yesterday and that was it.

All - chime in when you can & do your best

Gail