Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-06-2017, 07:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/175/140

Height: 5’6”

Default Suggestions Please

Looking for a good place to start on here! I have about 45 lbs to lose but suffer with fibro, PTSD, depression and arthritis......blah! In other words, I am a slug. I have access to a treadmill,weights and a couple Beachbody DVD’s. Any groups focused on walking or B.B.?

Thanks!

SEREN
Serens Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:49 PM   #2  
Maggie

S/C/G: 215/154.2/~111 or so

Height: 5'5"

Hello! The good news is that exercise is only a small piece of weight loss. What you eat is 90% of it. Focus on that and you should be fine.

I'm not sure about any groups focusing on walking or the DVDs, but I'd take a look around the site (maybe the exercise section?) and see what you like.
Chanticleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/175/140

Height: 5’6”

Thanks Chanticleer, will do!
I’d like to tone while I lose, I really don’t want the flab! Lol
Serens Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:28 PM   #4  
Maggie

S/C/G: 215/154.2/~111 or so

Height: 5'5"

Exercise is absolutely a good thing to do - but for most people it's more for health than for weight loss (it takes a loooong time to work off even an extra sandwich). But it's fantastic for health! And let's face it, at least part of weight loss is usually for health reasons. Exercise also is known to help with depression, arthritis (just make sure to do the appropriate kinds - nothing high-impact), and many other health conditions.

I'd recommend talking to your doctor before starting any exercise programs. Usually walking is a great, low-impact exercise. I know nothing about BB, so I can't say. Weight lifting is also good, but be cautious especially if you're new to it or haven't done it for a long time so you don't accidentally injure yourself.

Good luck and congrats on taking steps to enhance your health!
Chanticleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:44 AM   #5  

I lost 60lbs in 4/5m and didn't do excerise due to disability and the pain I get. What are you planning to eat? Start tracking your food. I needed a boost of weightloss. So took multi vitamins. And dropped rice noodles and so on. And ate mainly protein and veggies. No junk. I rarely tracked but ate alot of veggies.
Shtinkingforever is offline   Reply With Quote