Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-06-2017, 10:16 AM   #1  

Default yo yo weight loss

I'm so frustrated with myself. I went from 300 lbs to 230 on ideal protein and then ate myself back to 260 so I'm on it again but I can only go a few weeks then I cheat, I'm tired of the sabotage I do to myself. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to stay on track i need to get to 200 lbs .Thanks
JD63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:42 PM   #2  
Ahhhhh

S/C/G: 222/151/145

Height: 5'5"

I've struggled with yo yo dieting for my whole life. First "diet" was 1000 calories a day when I was 12 years old. I'm 47 now and I bounced between 120 and 220 lbs for the intervening 35 years. I finally feel like I have been successful with a healthy eating plan. What worked for me was deciding to not focus on my weight but on finding an eating plan that I can live with forever. For me it was eating 300 calorie meals 6 times a day most of which are home made. I use a lot of vegetables to make the meals large and filling. I didn't do low carb because I hate low carb diets and felt like it would be too hard to stick too. I didn't go very low calorie because I always end up giving up when I get too hungry. I did the same with exercise. I started very slowly and increased slowly so I've always felt like it was something I could work into my life and stick with forever.

Please don't be hard on yourself. This is such a common struggle for so many people. That should tell you that it is a hard problem without an easy solution.
BigFatMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:41 AM   #3  

Thanks for your comments. I get going 8 different directions on the farm and then I cheat, makes me feel like a real failure then two days of cheating I pick my self up and start over😐. Sometimes it's two weeks usually three. but I've made four once
JD63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Maybe the approach is to find a plan you can live with long term as a "way of life" change instead of a "diet" ....... That could be any number of approaches but I think that is more viable long term.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:50 PM   #5  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
Maybe the approach is to find a plan you can live with long term as a "way of life" change instead of a "diet" ....... That could be any number of approaches but I think that is more viable long term.
I agree with GrannyNancy on this. I've never done IP but I eat paleo-ish and find it to be a sustainable way of eating for the long term. Find a style that works for you where you don't feel deprived. And honestly, if you have unhealthy trigger foods, I think it's better to just swear them off for good rather than try to eat "just a little" now and then. I think it's too easy to just go crazy.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

I had to make a decision. What gives me more actual joy? The transient pleasure of a trigger food or the feeling of sliding into thinner jeans or moving about more easily etc. Being thinner won out.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote