South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-03-2017, 07:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Beach Chat 12/3-12/9

Rise and shine chicks!!! Coffee is ready, come join the weekly conversation.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:37 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Jennifer!

Kirk went to Glenwood yesterday so after spending the day helping my sister paint I got up and tackled my own chores this morning. Bills are paid and house (mostly) decluttered. Back to work this morning at 6:30 so I'm off to make my smoothie and get ready for work. A long day-I close-which means vacuuming the restaurant. Exercise, but yuk. LOL

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:30 AM   #3  

Good morning I never made it back yesterday. We had a great time at the concert. Garth Brooks put on an amazing show!!!! We didn’t get home until after 1:30. Way too late for me LOL. Today will be an easy day as I feel hungover without drinking. LOL I guess my age is showing.

Debbie I hope your work day is kind. Glad you had a couple of days at home before going back.

Last edited by jekel383; 12-03-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Guten Tag, chicks. I woke up with a sick headache this morning, so we'll see how much of my list I get to today. I haven't even been able to manage a cup of coffee yet. I may just end up on the couch binging The Great British Baking Show, which DD got me hooked on when she was home for Thanksgiving.
I planned on making a big pot of crab soup today and that won't wait because my ingredients will spoil if it doesn't get made. And I've got a line of people anxiously awaiting it. Plus, I've got a plumber coming tomorrow morning to install my new washing machine, so I've got to get in the basement and move the mountains of laundry and sweep away the cobwebs so he can get in there, and he's going to look at my toilet too, so the bathroom must be scrubbed. Made some progress on the leaves yesterday and it's going to be sunny and warmish today so hope to do some more there.
And apparently today is a day of breaking things, so I'll have to be careful. I tried to weigh-in, and my scale was acting strange, realized one of the feet has broken off. I'm going to have to be satisfied with the knowledge that I stayed on-plan all week. Then realized I melted part of my food processor. It comes in threes, so here's hoping the third will also not be tragic.
Okay, enough whining. I'm going to try a cup of tea and hope the medicine I took will kick in soon. Have a great Sunday, chicks.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:30 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I fell off track yesterday and had off plan foods so of course the scale is up today, so it's back on track for me today and drinking lots of water. Tonight DD2 has her winter concert for HS chorus, the concert band will also be performing. Other than that, I just have some cleaning to do around the house.

Jekel I know what you mean I can't hang late anymore

Debbie I hope your first day at work goes well

Schmoodle I hope your headache goes away and you can get everything you need accomplished today

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by Pearlrose; 12-03-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:31 AM   #6  

Schmoodle hope your headache goes away quickly. I had to laugh at your cob web comment. You described my basement perfectly lol. I had to combat the cob webs when I had my half bath redone. My basement is more like a cellar. I can stand but it is between the support rafters and plumbing I am always watching my head. I refuse to go down there without a baseball hat LOL.

Still working on motivating myself today but its not working. PJs still on at 0930 and it feels good!
Old 12-03-2017, 02:53 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Jennifer, keep those PJs on and enjoy your day! You work hard and a day off is a good thing.

Schmoodle, hope you are feeling better and able to address your chores.

Pearlrose, enjoy the concert.

I've been busy today picking away at decorating and also took a walk. Just sitting to watch football for a few minutes then I want to do a little more.

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by Beth19; 12-03-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:17 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I have just a minute to say hello before I start my car and get dressed for work. I slept in a little bit this morning. I did manage to make a batch of stuffing for dinner tonight. Also had a spaghetti squash in the basement which I cleaned out last night. We will add a salad and maybe some ham. We got a dusting of snow and it's cold but it seems it isn't supposed to last. Sat with my sister while she decorated a little tree on her front porch last night. It was something she and my mom used to always do together. Motivated me to put my wreath up so I am as Christmasy as I'm going to get for a little while.

Happy Monday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 12-04-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:25 AM   #9  

Good morning,

The concert was good last night and managed a day back op eating so here's to another day. This week I am wfh unless a meeting in person occurs, I have month end reports to start on today. Last day of weather in the 50s and then we go to winter time.

Debbie that was nice of you to sit with your sister while she decorated.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-04-2017, 10:41 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Decent Monday with springlike weather which is soon to pass. There is now a definite chance that we will have a winter after all! The grass is still a lovely green but that will disappear soon and Canada geese are still streaming south to make their lovely polka-dot patterns on southern lawns. (Bruce is making Florida noises too but that won't happen until after we are over the February "hump". )

My car has been failing to start without boosting recently and wonderful step-grandson just checked it out and informed us he was giving us a new battery (installed) as an early Christmas gift. So nice to have a new batch of talented "grands"! Another hectic week ahead so it'll be great to have my own car at the ready.

Still no decorating done in the house except for a wreath on one door but there is hope. We did find the outdoor lights and may get the front porch done today. My new neighbour, Wendy, has her house done already and is putting us to shame.

Bruce is making "going to town noises" and the fridge is getting bare so ... We will NOT go out to lunch when there and are "eating supper at home tonight no matter what happens. I am determined to "hold the line" this month!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:59 AM   #11  

Ruth: hold that line lol after 1 day of poor choices my ine is a zig zag!
Debbie: its ok to give yourself a pass this Christmas season
Pearlrose we seem to be in the same weather pattern
Beth: is the robotics contest this week?

I’m going to need some willpower dust this month. I seem to be a hormonal weepy mess lately. DS is still head strong on getting married, possibly in June. Life is moving too quickly for me...The Garth Brooks concert was incredible!!!! LOL I am still recouping from the late night.

Tonight I have a Police Unity Tour meeting / dinner after work. I have to keep telling myself...BE GOOD LOL.

Happy Monday all!
Old 12-04-2017, 06:30 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

HI chicks! I've just got a minute before I need to tend to supper. We are having beachy chicken Parmesan: chicken breasts baked with a coating of almond flour and NS marinara. I'll make a little ww pasta for DH and a few eggplant slices for me.

Jennifer, my weight has been a total zig-zag for the lat 2 months! At least I am still down a couple pounds compared to August. The robotics event was Friday and we did very well, thank you. Glad you enjoyed the concert but I know what you mean about feeling hung over after you stay up late!

Ruth, good to see you and glad to hear you are getting your car fixed! Have a good day.

Debbie, glad you are back home and that you kept DS company.

Pearl, we had frost this morning but then it warmed up a bit.

Got to fly. Have a good evening all!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:23 AM   #13  

Good morning,

Winter is here, it blew in in windy gusts all night, we will be in the 20s and 30s for the rest of the week and chance of snow on Friday. Today is wfh and still working on reports for month end along with several conference calls. I am also back down in weight, just need to lose 1 more to get to my new low and hopefully continue.

Ruth glad you have someone to take car of your car issues

Jekel glad you enjoyed the concert and I think we all join you with the zigzag line of weight.

Beth we had chicken breast last night as well yummy

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-05-2017, 09:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello All, I'm in that weather pattern too, gray and dreary here today with a cold front moving in. Did any of you see that amazing moon Sunday night? I'm back on track, lots of food prepped in the fridge that should get me through the week.
Had the plumber in yesterday and of course it was expensive but my toilet is repaired and I've go a functional installed new washing machine - let the laundry marathon begin! He mentioned that my hot water heaters are from the 1980's and mostly rusted out but they're not actively leaking so that will go on the list until it becomes an emergency, sigh. By the time I move I think I will have replaced everything in this house except the walls and floors.
It seems things will be busy at work right up until Christmas. The kids are finishing up their terms and prepping for finals.

Rose, congrats on your pound and new low!
Jennifer, my basement is an old stone foundation and dirt floor. It is a spider metropolis. Certain members of my family refuse to go down there alone. Are you against the marriage in general, or just don't want them to rush into it?
Beth, your dinner sounds delicious. I'll have to add that to my menu plan. I always want to eat what everyone else is eating.
Ruth, it's wonderful that your new grands are treating you so well!
Debbie, I guess you are settling back into your routine. I'm with you and Ruth on the decor - but I can't even say I have a wreath up yet.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:27 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from rainy but mild Delta. We have not a speck of snow left but more on the menu for Saturday's display of Christmas lights and the craft show at the Town Hall.

Grandson Josh was here around at 8 this morning and just telephoned to tell me my car is done to go - new battery installed and tested - so I'm good to go. I can use B's car, of course, but do love to have my own! Rainy today and stuff to do around here but nice to have my own wheels again. I have a load of stuff for recycle and the thrift shop plus costumes to return to the Mill so the timing is great. We are also going out for dinner tonight - fish and chips special in the next town, not on plan food so I may switch to something else. (Our first date in January was fish and chips so this is a bit of a tradition.)

Still holding my own weightwise but the weekend starts Thursday evening with a dinner party in Ottawa at my sister's place so there will be challenges. We stay overnight in the condo guest suite and will be having breakfast in one of the trendy cafes in the west end. I have to be back here by 3 to pick up the fixings for a huge beef stew to do overnight for Saturday night Church supper. The veggies will be already prepped so I'll just throw it all into the crockpot and let it cook overnight. Three or four others will do the same thing as we expect over 100 to feed. Dessert will be rice pudding - carb city in the country!

Hang in there chickies. This too shall pass.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote