Old 11-02-2017, 10:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Default 2017 year-end pound clearance challenge

JOIN THE "YEAR-END POUND CLEARANCE CHALLENGE"
BEGINS 11-05-17
LATE ENTRIES ARE OKAY
LET'S SUPPORT EACH OTHER DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON

SURVIVE THE HOLIDAYS WITHOUT PACKING ON THE POUNDS!

JOIN NOW! Just make a "reply post" in this thread and indicate that you want to join. There is a link to the challenge spreadsheet at the end of this post. Click on it to get to the spreadsheet, then bookmark it (so you can get back to it easily)

Let's have some fun and support each other, during this challenging time of year! No need to stress about competition. For some, the main goal might be to NOT gain weight and to stay on track. For others, who stray a bit too much during the holidays, this challenge can be helpful for you to get back on track after a slip or two. Let's help each other.

The only requirements are that you post a minimum of once a week (no matter how short) and weigh in with a starting weight and then a final weight for the challenge. You are asked to put a weight entry on the weekly weigh-in sheet. You can decide how often you actually step on the scale (except for the start and finish weights). If you aren't going to step on the scale during any week, you will be responsible for placing your last known weight on the weekly weigh-in sheet. So, you are required to enter a number for each week, but you decide if you want to carry forward a prior weight. A weekly chart will be posted with the weight loss stats. The final weigh-in will be on 12-31-17.

WEIGH-INS:
The first weigh-in will be Sunday, November 5th. We will, thereafter, weigh in (or repost your prior weight) once a week on Sundays. You can choose to use a different day to weigh in (i.e., Friday, Sat. or Mon), but the weigh-in date on the paperwork will always reflect a Sunday.

Upon initial weigh-in, you will place your starting weight and goal weight on the "Stat Sheet". After that, you will go to a Weekly-Weigh In sheet for the weekly weigh in and enter your weight there. A new sheet will be available each week by Sunday. The Weigh-In Sheets will feed stats into the Stat Sheet

REQUIRED LEVEL OF PARTICIPATION:
Post your weight/make an entry every Sunday on the Weigh-In Sheet (at the spreadsheet link). Please communicate within the team thread on the message board, by posting at least once a week. Interaction with a team is an important part of the challenge.

OPTIONAL PARTICIPATION:
These additional opportunities will be offered and are voluntary. You can choose which ones you will participate in. You can choose all or none.

LINK TO THE CHALLENGE SPREADSHEET

Last edited by munchey; 12-31-2017 at 08:15 PM.
        munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 11-03-2017, 12:28 PM   #2  
        DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Munchey, Awesome challenge! Hoping it's just what I need to get motivated.
        workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 11-03-2017, 01:28 PM   #3  
        I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I'm in!!

It will be nice to stay accountable until the end of the year with everyone. I like the various types of spreadsheets too, great idea!!
        Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 11-03-2017, 07:34 PM   #4  

WorkingLikeaDog:
        Good to see you join the challenge. I hope the challenge proves to be helpful for you.

Rie:
        I'm so glad you are joining. You deserve to sit in the passenger seat for awhile. I hope you find the challenge to be helpful for you and that you flex it to fit your needs.
        Old 11-03-2017, 07:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

I'm in! I keep doing these challenges because I know one day I will be successful--truly successful!

Thanks, Munchey for creating this challenge!
        curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 11-03-2017, 09:10 PM   #6  

I'm in! Really hoping to lose 10lbs by the end
        chub is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 11-03-2017, 10:30 PM   #7  
        || Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I am in!

Getting through the Autumn and Winter holidays without falling off the bandwagon has always been difficult for me -- I am usually off-track again before November. But, I am still here and holding on for dear life after my fall from grace this summer, because I have a lot of catching up to do now from that regain. I can't let the holidays trip me up after falling so far behind already! I need to break through these next few barriers (getting through the holidays and breaking out of the 200s, mainly) to prove to myself that I can. So, this challenge is perfectly timed for me! Especially since I restarted on here right before the New Year last year...so, this will help me round out a full year (other than my aforementioned hiatus this summer after a move) trying to get healthy again. I'd like to see what I can get accomplished by the end of 2017.

Best of luck to everyone...see you all on Sunday!

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 11-04-2017, 12:08 PM   #8  
        Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Great spreadsheet! I'm happy to join, I've needed accountability since Halloween ended!
        tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 11-05-2017, 10:54 AM   #9  

HI EVERYONE!
        My goal for this challenge is 11 pounds. That would put me in one-der-land. I gave myself most of the week off. My exercise and steps was low and I allowed myself a few treats. Now, it's time for me to get serious. I really want to make my goal for this challenge.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I hate the time change, so, I'm going to be struggling a bit. One goal is to stick with getting up an hour earlier and make the most of the available daylight.

Have a good week!

Curvynotlumpy
        I'm glad you joined the challenge! You will be successful, I know it!

Chub
        Best wishes with your goal. Ten pounds is a realistic goal, but I made mine 11 pounds, as I really want to get to one-der-land. I like to look at weigh-loss in goals of "10". With the amount of weight I need to lose, it seems to work for me and keeps me focused.

Opheliaphoenix
        Welcome to the challenge. A move can certainly throw you off course. I struggle with overeating and hybernating in the Fall and Winter, so I can identify with the challenge. I hope this challenge is helpful for you and that it helps you get back on track.

Tefrey
        Good to see you! I hope the challenge helps you with coninued accomplishments. You did great in the Halloween challenge

Gemini6
        I'm glad you joined in. If you have any problems with the spreadsheet, you can post your weigh-in, or other entries and ask for help with making entries on the spreadsheet. I'd be happy to help.

Last edited by munchey; 11-05-2017 at 10:59 AM.
        Old 11-05-2017, 12:51 PM   #10  

I’m in. SW: 174.6. GW: 169. Been stuck in the 170s forever
        Grazier is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 11-05-2017, 03:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Munchey, you and I are in the same weight-loss boat, girl! Our stats and goals are almost exactly the same. Let's row this boat together!

Great to see so many join what is probably the hardest challenge of the year due to the holidays. Good luck to everyone!
        curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 11-05-2017, 04:57 PM   #12  
        || Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Munchey: Ditto!!

--------------------

Okay, I am here for the official starting weigh-in for the challenge! I'm kind of stuck in a mini-plateau at the moment, so I am 230.2 today, and am hoping that this challenge will kickstart a break in the lull for me.

As for my goals for the challenge....about mid-way through the year, I was on target to being able to say I lost 100 lbs in just under a year, but then fell off the bandwagon hard this summer and completely ruined that possibility for myself. So, while my ultimate wish would be to, somehow, hit 197 before the end of December, I don't see how that could ever be a likely or even possible scenario unless I have some pretty hefty whooshes...haha. That being said, I'm obviously going to be more realistic, especially with the holiday season coming up and knowing that my mom and her husband will likely be coming to town for Christmas -- and, they LIKE TO COOK, which always spells disaster for me, because they are also good at it...lol. So, with that understanding, I'm going to set my goal for 210 lbs. That's just a couple ounces over 20 lbs, which I know is still fairly ambitious, but I feel like if I keep my usual "10 lbs per month" goal in mind, it will help me push through the temptations of the season a little easier. If I hit it or even surpass it, I will be thrilled, but I'd be happy just getting as close as possible.

And, like I said on my first post...best of luck to us all! -------

(P.S. Adding a ticker for the challenge!)

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 11-05-2017 at 05:02 PM.
        opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 11-06-2017, 06:36 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/196/163

Height: 5' 8''

Hello all,
        I'm in too! I am starting on a "high", and not in a good way - a few pounds seemed to have jumped on in the last couple of weeks. I'm hoping that at least some of it is just water weight, although I also had some serious stress munchies going on :-/ My biggest challenge is trying to stay on top of my eating (and ideally exercise, although that's definitely part 2), when life gets a bit more rocky. So hopefully checking in here once a week will help a bit

Hope you all have a good week!!
        flying_unipig is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 11-06-2017, 12:52 PM   #14  
        I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys!

Weight for the start of the week is unfortunately high. I managed to get down to 173 lbs by Halloween but I've been developing some horrible eating habits recently. Mainly snacking on salt/carb heavy snacks late at night due to cravings kicking in. I'm starting the challenge at 175.4 lbs, eep! I really need to focus on drinking water, which in the latter half of the year I have been failing at, and cutting back on these awful craving fueled snacks. My goal weight for this challenge/the end of 2017 is to get into the 160's again. So I put 169 lbs in there.

Exercise has been wonderful in the past week. I ran 4 times, which is pretty amazing to me! Unfortunately, however, I was playing catch up after failing to run 3 times a week for my first week of training, so I need to run 4 times this week as well to officially get back on schedule. Luckily the runs are still low mileage because it's a 5K I'm training for, so it's not too intimidating. It's been warm here for the last week though, which I HATE! We had a cold snap and the leaves changed colours, but now it's warm and my brain is confused. It sees the colourful leaves and does not like feeling the warm weather!

Life is getting a bit better! Health care could be a major issue for us though, but fingers crossed after a meeting on Wednesday we manage to find something that covers my BF's medication. Work seems to be ok for the near future, I had a potential job offer but it would require relocation (to Tokyo no less). Trying not to get my hopes up too much about it, but we'll see. Would be interesting to live in Japan again doing something I care about this time around!

---

A general HELLO, FRIENDS! WE CAN DO THIS! To everyone who's joined the challenge and set goals!

Ophelia - My advice to you would be forgive yourself!! It's very easy to carry around the baggage from past mistakes, but really analyze what made you fall off track and try and learn from it so you can prevent it in future. Sometimes life just gets crazy and it's so easy to put weight loss on the back burner, but it seems like you're ready now to focus and that's a wonderful thing!!
        Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 11-06-2017, 03:29 PM   #15  
        Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

I'm in.
        My goal is honestly just to lose something... anything. I do hope to lose about 10lbs by the new year... Finally get into the 260's since I decided to gain over the last 3 months.
        ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote