Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-17-2017, 12:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/170

Height: 6,1

Red face Following a binge

Hiya

I've been away for a while. This whole year has been crappy. I've had a hard time and it's had a big impact on my weight. I regained almost all the way back up to my highest weight (+60 pounds since January). I'm getting back on track though. I had about two weeks of success, and then about a week of overeating, and I've just had another couple weeks of success ...but tonight I've binged.

So here is my question: I have junk food in my house now - leftover chips, chocolate, some candy....should I leave it there and just try to stick to mindful practices and the odd snack, or get rid of it so it's not there to tempt me?

Right now I feel disgusting, so it's not tempting, but I worry that when I'm hungry again its presence will make me think "what the ****, I'll just finish this".... but then I worry that if I throw it away, I'll just go and waste money on more if I start craving..

Just looking for some advice.
Bookmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:31 AM   #2  

I believe you should have an emergency stash of junk food for period days and the rest of the junk food in your house needs to be out of sight, or else you will be tempted to eat. I hope this helps.
Jaguar89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:12 PM   #3  
Ahhhhh

S/C/G: 222/151/145

Height: 5'5"

Sorry you are having such a hard year. I would throw the extra food out. For me it is very important to be able to pick myself up after a bad day and start over.
BigFatMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/170

Height: 6,1

Thanks for the responses. I get so compulsive once I've had a binge...and then the longer it carries on the more compulsive I get, until I feel completely out of control. If I'm in a steady place, I can handle having the odd snack...but otherwise. Ugh. I have not made positive steps since I posted. I have both scarfed the leftover junkfood, and bought more...then tried chucking out leftovers...and then just bought more. So I'm wasting money on top of overeating. ....not that it's not a waste anyway.

I've gotten rid of my leftovers after another binge tonight, and I'm hoping that some accountability might get me through tomorrow without wasting any more money or stuffing my face. I think I need to make certain foods off limits for the rest of the year if I have any hope of turning things around.
Bookmark is offline   Reply With Quote