Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-16-2017, 06:44 PM   #1  

Default Weight loss

I’ve been searching for a support gruop. I know that I am not the only one that goes through this....

Last edited by Yasfond; 10-16-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Yasfond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:27 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Sure you will. What’s your plan?
TheMeIwant2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:16 PM   #3  

Default STOP Losing Weight & Get Rid Of The Weight!

I just joined, but before I did, I read through various post about so many wanting to, and just plain struggling to lose weight. I feel for all. Weight loss is Not the answer. Getting Rid of the weight is. There is a difference.....there really is. I mean getting rid of weight the simple and easy way. No Shakes...No Pills...No Surgery...No unwanted sacrifices...No radical diet or exercise changes. Really.
MsDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:57 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDaisy View Post
I just joined, but before I did, I read through various post about so many wanting to, and just plain struggling to lose weight. I feel for all. Weight loss is Not the answer. Getting Rid of the weight is. There is a difference.....there really is. I mean getting rid of weight the simple and easy way. No Shakes...No Pills...No Surgery...No unwanted sacrifices...No radical diet or exercise changes. Really.
I know the feeling here! Mentality is everything or so I’ve learned. Recently, out of many years of trying and failing, I’ve been able to have peace with my body. Love myself. This has helped me accomplish eating better with no major sacrifices or diet just eating better for me.

Last edited by Yasfond; 10-29-2017 at 11:58 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:03 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMeIwant2be View Post
Sure you will. What’s your plan?
Hi there, so nice to meet you! Well, my experience has led me to give up many many times. I’ve just tried it all. It gets tiring to feel that months pass by and you are still dealing what you were dealing with months ago. Recently I’ve been trying to adapt in the way I think. Mentality. I feel fat but I can change this. I started eating better and less. (This was just one week ago) so far so good. Weekends are the worse for me. Yet, I have to keep going! I’m not sure your situación, however I’d love to hear your plan?
Old 10-31-2017, 11:29 AM   #6  

It's not uncommon for overweight people to carry unresolved traumas from their early life. This often prevents the implementation of constructive action on a long term basis.
Mrs. Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:31 AM   #7  

Unconscious self-sabotage typically catches up, reflective of their early harmful environment.
Mrs. Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:49 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Yasfond, My situation is that at 52, obese and diabetic wasn’t working out for me. The thing that most recently started my current weight loss plan is that my dearest friends son got engaged and I want to go to the wedding and not hide from the camera. I recently realized that I’m in so few photos as to seem like I’m not a part of my own family. My friend and I resolved to go on a diet back in the spring. It didn’t really work until she called me on Saturday morning and asked if I was up for going on a five mile walk with her. Because I am super competitive and childish and my husband didn’t think I could do it, I obviously went for it. She and I made it a regular thing and we’ve tried to be accountable with each other. For the first 3 months I took phentermine and counted calories and carbs. Now I’m off drugs and still eating the same way. It was as simple and as complicated as “calories in-calories out”. Walking has been a fabulous exercise experience for me, it’s pleasant and not beyond my abilities and I haven’t had any workout related injuries. For me walking 6 miles burns about 700 calories and I try to eat 1200 calories daily which was easier on phentermine but still even 1300-1400 is better than what I was doing. We try to walk at least three times a week. I use my smartphone to track movement and food. So far so good. This month I’ve had a bunch of challenges like stopping the phentermine and hurting my foot and having surgery but I’m still going. I love the support here and that my friend and husband are my accountability partners. I’ve gotten some great suggestions like drinking 100 ounces of water daily. I’m looking at this as losing 10 pounds at a time and it makes it seem more doable. It takes more time than I’d like but I try to remember that eating well and exercising are lifelong habits. I needed to get comfortable with that notion.
TheMeIwant2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:05 AM   #9  

Of course you're not the only one! Lift your head up!
raftcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:13 PM   #10  

But you found it
Monica234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

I have recently lost more weight than I have in the past 30 years by using the Bright Line Eating approach. It is not magical. No bread no sugar and the cravings are almost nil. 3 meals a day planned the night before with specified amounts of protein, carbs and fats [no less than 20 oz veggies, no more than 12 oz fruit] and weighing food.

It sounds like a lot but it accommodates a wide range of foods (even vegans can use this plan) and, based on my results and seeing it in the support groups I am in, any number of postmenopausal women, like myself, have lost successfully and are keeping it off. I finally decided the foods that trigger me bring me transient pleasure but I like the pleasure of slipping into smaller clothes and being able to do more. I am off BP meds and statins.

I also do walk 5 miles a day and my calories are usually around 1100 [I log on Cronometer to keep track of all my nutrients even though the plan does not require logging] and participate in forums. There is one here that is daily accountability that seems pretty supportive.

There are also plenty of other approaches who have groups here
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:03 PM   #12  

Weight loss is not easy, but you have patience and diligence
Everything is about exercises and what you eat.
YolaLendres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:58 AM   #13  

I found that dieting was too hard for me to stick to.

Now I've lost 60lbs by my 4th month. Now on my 5th month.

I don't track my calories. But I do not eat any bread rice noodles rarely eat potatoes. I do every now and again but not for the first 50lbs. I eat something other than this every now and again. But I focus on protein and lots of veg like spinnach etc. And because of this it's reduced my cravings . I have had things other than this but tiny amounts. Like if I went to MacDonald's I chose a small burger take the bread off and eat half the pattie. I don't go much. This doesn't work for everyone. But I feel I can't over eat on protein and veggies. Well I haven't and at the same time it tastes good but not so good I want to over indulge. I also add s
Dairy to my egg whites like cheese and also add spinnach. I feel lighter and I feel healthier. And stronger. I'm not the type that can track everyday. I weigh my food occasionally to make sure my portions are staying small. I use a small container also to eat my food.some people prefer tracking. You will find what works
Shtinkingforever is offline   Reply With Quote