South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-28-2017, 08:17 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly Thread 10/28-11/3

Good morning, chicks! Anyone else up?
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 08:20 AM   #2  

It is sunny this morning as I sip my coffee. Tomorrow the weather is slated to take a turn so I would like to take a walk today and finish cleaning up the last section of flower bed that I didn't get to last week. It is probably also time to store the bird bath for the winter.

Other than that the weekend has the normal niggles: groceries, laundry and de-frosting the freezer. (I borrowed a couple of coolers from a friend just to force myself to do it lol)

What's on your agenda today?
Old 10-28-2017, 10:50 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Had a busy afternoon and evening yesterday, cleaned the whole prior to DD2 friend coming over, bagged up a lot of DD2s room so we can take to her otherwise it will be another month before she gets everything. Then we went to another town to walk around their trick or treat event and then came home and took DD1 and 6 of her friends to a haunted trail, DH and I just waited around bonfire for them but brrr it was cold out there. Today, the football team is having their first play off game at 2 p.m. and then tonight I am a chaueffer for DD1 as she is going to a Halloween party. Whew and I got an email from my boss so need to do some work stuff this weekend as well.

Beth I hope you enjoy your day and get the end of fall stuff done, I think it is going to be a warmer today than it was yesterday and hoping for the sun to come out.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 03:10 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon!

I am home from work. I set the alarm late and schedule just enough time for coffee and a light smoothie since Amy and her dog were sleeping in the living room. Work was slow so I'm home early. Figure I might go down and continue working on my basement project.
Amy and Kirk went down to the aquarium in Denver and my sister went down fabric shopping. It's all quiet here for now.

Rose, what a busy weekend! It's always fun to go to Halloween events!

Beth, hope the freezer gets defrosted. It's on my list, too!

Amy is headed down to the cousins house until the day after Halloween. It will put us back into normalcy for a few days.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-28-2017 at 03:10 PM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 04:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good Afternoon,

I was able to make an appointment with my GP on Thursday afternoon. He gave me a referral for blood work and a Rheumatologist. He thinks part of me feeling exhausted most of the time is due to the inflammation. He gave me a prescription for Prednisone, which I am a little scare about taking it but I guess I will take it and see if anything changes. I went yesterday for the blood work and then on Monday I will start with the Prednisone. He want me to take a journal with and keep track of symptoms while taking it.

DS2 had his first date last night, he was invited to the school dance

This morning DS2 had rehearsal from 10-4pm and I took DS1 shoe shopping. The longest 3 three hours ever he is a pain, he hates shopping. He needs a pair of dressy shoes for orchestra and he is size adults 11-1/2 but he is very skinny and everything looks huge and super wide on him. After 3hrs we returned home with one possible pair, he is not too happy about it but it was the pair that fit him the best and the one he felt more comfortable with.

Now, we are home. I'm drinking a cup of coffee and the boys are doing homework. DH is not coming home until Tuesday, so no big plans for us this weekend.

Hope you all are having a great Saturday!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:31 AM   #6  

Good morning chicks.

My Saturday was productive and enjoyable: walk, yardwork, some laundry, I even graded papers. This morning I am about to dash out to the grocery store for coffee creamer and salad stuff and then the freezer WILL be defrosted. It is going to rain for the next 3 days. yuck

Debbie good luck on all of your projects. It seems you are making progress.

Rose, sounds like a fun and busy few days! Enjoy them; as you know they go by too fast!

Isa, clothing shopping with my boys was never easy either. Hope you are able to make the shoes work for DS! I'm glad you were able to get a doctor appointment; hopefully you can get some answers.

Here's to an OP day! (I'm going to avoid any chocolate I see....)
Old 10-29-2017, 09:00 AM   #7  

Good morning!

I am having breakfast right now and then heading to 10am mass. It seem like it will be another rainy and humid day for us. This afternoon I need to do laundry. DS2 eczema and congestion is starting to flair up. He is allergic to corn and wheat, but we haven't take those things out of his diet since his allergic is not life threatening. I had a long conversation with both of my sons and next week we are going to try to start eliminating wheat as much as possible out of their diets.

This is going to be hard since their diet pretty much consist on pasta and bread and the only veggies they eat is raw carrots and steamed green beans. Once in a while I can force them to eat broccoli and asparagus but that's eat. I have a few recipes for gluten free muffins, I might bake some for their breakfast. As far as pasta I been feeding them a brown rice pasta and they seem to like it.

Have a great Sunday!
Old 10-29-2017, 09:37 AM   #8  

Good morning,

I slept in late again today must be the warm covers and the cold air lol. I was wrong about the temperature yesterday the high was colder than it was on Friday so it was chilly at the game, the team had to play a bigger school size in the playoffs and lost. They had a good season. I didn't have to chaueffer DD2 around she had a ride with a friend so we stayed home and I watched the first Christmas movie premier on Hallmark lol. Today have to do some work and then we were wanting to go to Six Flags for Fright fest and Witches night out at the next town over. Kinda of glad Halloween is almost over lol. The scale went down another lb for me this morning was very happy to see it almost to my goal for this month 1 lb shy.

Beth glad you got everything you wanted to get done yesterday. Sounds like today is a good day to stay inside

Debbie sounds like you have been very busy as well, I have a project to do in the basement as well I am going to re waterproof one wall but first I need to clean and sort out the basement so I can get to it.

Isa I hope you are able to get some relief from the inflammation. As far as the boys the good news is they now make so much stuff that is gluten free you should hopefully be able to find some stuff they will enjoy to eat.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:38 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from water-drenched Delta! We are supposed to get rain right through to Tuesday which will sure affect the Hallowe'en goblins! I've not stocked up on treats yet and am hoping to hold off until Tuesday morning to keep temptation at bay. Bruce keeps making special requests so I suspect there will not be many leftovers.

We started the goblin and ghostie celebrations last night with "Spirits of the Mill" and, despite the rain, had lots of visitors. Bruce and I were ghosts of a preacher who was noted for preaching against the evils of alcohol and I was his alcoholic wife. We wore period costumes and ghostly make-up and had a great time. Unfortunately we were outside in the gazebo which was windy and wet but no harm done as we were in layers of fabric. Refreshments afterward, of course. Demon alcohol!

No Church this morning as we have a late afternoon service at our sister church in the next town, followed by a pot-luck dinner, of course. I made my obscenely decadent pineapple cake with cream cheese icing which I will avoid completely. Sure hope someone brings something healthy. Next Church foodie thing is next Saturday, turkey dinner with all the trimmings. Pray for me, Beachies!

Now for a bubble bath soak in the tub and some mental planning of healthy food for the week.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:07 AM   #10  

Good morning,

Busy weekend, I am off to work today, nothing on the agenda this evening other than swinging by grocery store on my way home.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:36 AM   #11  

good morning,

The weather here today is windy and a little cold, right now is 58F and highest will be 68F...perfect fall weather for me I meal plan this morning and after I am done with house chore will be going grocery shopping.

DS2 has rehearsal until 7pm. Nothing major on the agenda for today.

I hope everyone had a great Monday!
Old 10-30-2017, 06:11 PM   #12  

Busy day! Home late. Eating better today than yesterday; I think it is the difference between being home by the fridge compared to in my classroom. lol

Have a great evening!
Old 10-31-2017, 07:56 AM   #13  

Happy Tuesday!

We have another nice morning here. Enjoying a nice cup of coffee before I take the boys to school. Nothing plan for us this evening, DH came home last night so he will be taking DS2 trick-or-treating and DS1 and I will stay home to give candy out.

Have a nice Halloween!
Old 10-31-2017, 08:18 AM   #14  

Happy Halloween!

It is going to be a brrrr day high of 46 degrees, glad I am just staying home handing out candy this year. I haven't touched any of the candy at all not really tempted by, the cookies on the other hand are calling but trying to resist lol. I am working from home today.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:25 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Home from work. It's been slow so days are long. Going to take a nap- think we need to go to Denver later.
No work tomorrow but have a 9am appt to go visit our mill-we have to hike in since road washed out several years ago.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote