South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-21-2017, 06:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Chat 10/21-10/27

For some reason I could not post yesterday. This would have been my Friday post..

Isa when I read your post about the dress, I immediately thought don’t forget the purse! I'm sure you will look lovely. To answe your question, I weigh in daily. Helps to keep me accountable. However Saturday is my official weigh in for the week.

Pearlrose when I played sports in HS I was always nervous when my family was there.

Today is another gorgeous day and will go for a bike ride when I got home. Hopefully this ride will be critter free. I hope to be motivated to drop the car off for service later too. DS’s car is overdue for its annual inspection and I am in need of an oil change. My goal is to get some household chores done tonight as I am meeting my GFs from college for dinner tomorrow.

Hoping to have good numbers tomorrow when I count my weigh in. Been OP all week and feel good.

TGIF all.

Last edited by jekel383; 10-21-2017 at 06:56 AM.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:02 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone

Our internet service at work was absolutely bizarre yesterday. I am down a smidgeon from last week. I might hit my goal this month. This weekend will be challenging with food. Having lunch with my sister and dinner with two friends from college. Both places are Italian restaurants. I looked at their menus online and their options are not great. I am not sure if I will see Joe on Sunday. His DS goes back to Florida tomorrow. In a way I hope to stay home lol

Otherwise nothing exciting here. Anyone have exciting plans this weekend?
Old 10-21-2017, 07:47 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Jennifer and chicks to come!

Enjoying my coffee on a Saturday morning. I don't have anything special planned for today but the weather is supposed to be nice so I am hoping to do yard work. I prefer to tidy the perennials in the fall as much as possible. I think the frost at the beginning of the week may have finally killed the marigolds so I will pull them up too.

Jennifer, enjoy your social activities; I know you will do the best you can with food. Restaurants can be tough.

Isa, like Jennifer I weigh in daily and try not to sweat the zig zag pattern as long as the trend moves in the correct direction. I just feel like it helps me stay accountable. As for veggies, our gardens vary a bit from year to year but we always grow tomatoes, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cucumbers, zucchini, and some herbs. This year we had winter squash "volunteer" in the compost pile, which was nice. Our season tends to be short for peppers.

Debbie, hope you are continuing to make progress on the paperwork.

I'm ready for a coffee refill. Have a good day chicks!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I would have slept in today but have to take DD2 to school at 8:15 so needed to get up and make breakfast etc etc. The football team won again 8-0. They are conference champs now next week is playoffs, not sure if the Band will participating in playoffs, it will be weird not taking DD2 to so many practices almost every night of the week lol. Today I am not going to go to the band competition, I am staying home and doing some outside work, need to clean the stain that the upstairs window a/c unit always puts on my siding and going to clean gutters on the house. DS is coming to help and work off his October payment lol.

Jekel my scale is down a bit lower than when I went on camping trip so that is good now to continue the down trend and hit my October goal. Italian restaurants are hard, you just have to do the best you can and then get back to op eating.

Isa I forgot to mention I weigh in everyday, I tend to gain weight if I am not monitoring my weight, there are always ups and downs but like Beth said the trend needs to be down.

Beth enjoy your outside yard work, I am not sure we will see the sun today but it is going to be in the 70s tomorrow there is 90% chance of rain

Ruth hope everything is going good

Debbie hope you are gaining on the paperwork.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:46 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Darlings. We woke at my new wake-up time of 6:30 for a change, a nice change from the 5:20 that stayed in my brain programme since retirement in 1999. About time! Now to get Bruce and the dogs onto the same schedule! Gorgeous sunny autumn day today - we are enjoying this glorious fall much more than the lousy cold and wet summer!

Still struggling to lose even a pound. Not sure what to do since we have way too many "must attend" foodie events. Tonight is dinner at home and I think I'll convince Bruce to eat one of the chicken pot pies from the "stash" and a big salad which I'll share with him along with some tuna which he hates. Just checked next week's schedule and we have two evening (supper events) plus one pot luck "lunch" meeting! (Lunch around here is meat and potatoes an pie!) Grrrr! Never marry a retired preacher who is not really retired!

Enough griping! Time to put on my big girl panties and get on with things. I am planning to stay home today unless the house catches fire and I have to evacuate in which case there will be the usual post fire gathering with coffee and donuts at the Fire Hall! This town is a coven of feeder witches!

Have a super weekend!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Happy Saturday!

I sleep in this morning. The boys made breakfast and now DS2 and the husband going to Auto Parts to buy breaks for the mini van. DS1 is doing the breakfast dishes and I am enjoying a warm cup of coffee. We don't have any big plans today, I need to do laundry, clean the garage, and the back yard, and later in the afternoon, I am hoping to work on my Project Life album.

This week I am a total of 5lbs down. Weekends are the hardest for me, I do hope I can stay on plan.

Jennifer- no exciting plans here either. Italian restaurants are hard for me, I love pasta too much. I know you'll do your best to stay on plan.

Beth- that is a lot of veggies, can i come live with you Maybe one day I will learn how to keep a garden.

Rose- I have never clean gutters, but doesn't sound like a fun job to do. Glad DS is helping.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:04 AM   #7  

Good Morning Ruth!

That's great the you were able to sleep until 6:30am not lets hope that your brain lets you keep sleeping until this time for now and on. Isn't that weird how your body adapts to a certain time. I been waking up at 5am every single day since I was a teenager and DS1 is the same, he wakes up every morning at 6:15am every single day. With me I learn that stay in bed and most of the times I go back to sleep for one more hour.

Good luck with all your social activities, have fun and do your best.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:30 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

Days have been busy! Yesterday was a jeep ride up to some mining property then sis and I went to Denver with a vehicle full of stuff for thrift store. This morning went up to the rentals for repairs then a chair to my house from moms then one from mine to landfill. Now in Denver for a haircut, fabric store and IKEA with my sis. Whew. Food op!

Isa, I weigh everyday, too. With my weight I don't like surprises.

Ok we are at fabric store. Real job tomorrow. See you all then!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:15 AM   #9  

Good morning,

Well so much for sleeping in today, I was up at 5:30 a.m. Got everything accomplished yesterday and cleaned the house as well. Today is supposed to be rainy so we will stay home but we are going to Katy Perry Concert tonight.

Ruth its hard to lose with all of those luncheons but you are doing a good job of not gaining weight so that's a win

Isa 5 lbs down is great, is your inflammation going down?

Debbie sounds like you are slowly getting a handle on everything

Old 10-22-2017, 08:03 AM   #10  

Good morning. Pearlrose I actually slept in until after 7! I did stay up until 11:30 last night. Have fun at the concert!!!

Debbie sounds like you had a good day. I haven’t been to IKEA in a long time but always enjoyed going there.

Isa great job on losing 5 pounds. How are you feeling?

Beth hope you are enjoying another nice weekend in NY

Ruth I agree with Pearlrose you are maintaining and that’s a huge accomplishment with your social life.

Had a busy day yesterday; gym, drop off cars for service (still need to pick up one), lunch with my sisters, weekly shopping, dinner with friends and finally home last night. I ate way too much. My heart was actually racing last night and I know its because I overdid it with eating and sweets. Well that’s behind me and today its back to my OP ways. After coffee will walk to pick up DS car. A late morning bike ride is on today’s agenda and a few house hold chores. Otherwise my day is unplanned and that sounds good to me.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:36 AM   #11  

Good morning chicks! Another lovely day of warm and sunny here. I hope to get outside and finish my chores. Yesterday DH and I took a walk and then in the afternoon I spent quite a bit of time cleaning and trimming back flowers. If I can get another hour outside today I will be able to wrap it up. I think I will leave the bird bath out for another week since the forecast is for above-freezing temperatures. It seems we ay avoid an October snowstorm this year!

Jennifer, I hope you enjoyed your visits; it sound like you had a productive day. Enjoy your bike ride.

Pearlrose, I am amazed by the number of concerts you attend! Enjoy yourself tonight. You deserve a relaxation day after getting your chores done yesterday.

Ruth, you have to count maintaining as a victory when you have so many social events. Hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather.

Debbie, have a good day at work!

Isa, I live in farm country so my garden is small compared to many people's (it's only 12' x 12'). Some of my friends don't bother with veggies but take advantage of the numerous farmer's markets and roadside stands but I love fresh tomatoes and cukes in particular. Hope you had a productive day!

Have a good one chicks!
Old 10-23-2017, 07:07 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

It is a super windy day here! Wind all night. Fortunately, my bedroom is shielded by the house next-door and a tree so I slept. Just on my final cup of coffee before work. I believe we are headed to Glenwood right after work. Kirk has an appointment tomorrow then we come right back. Kirks daughter comes in Wednesday evening very late. I don't work again until Saturday. Always lots to do these days. Food is OK. Sorry such a blah post. I just wanted to make sure to check in. It always helps. Take care everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-23-2017 at 07:07 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:49 AM   #13  

Good morning,

Woke up to rainy day still, definitely looks like fall outside though. The concert was great, it started late so we left early and got home around 10:30 a.m. Today is wfh day but I have back to back meetings for most of the day so the day will go by quickly. Yesterday DD2 and I carved the pumpkins and then we made 4 batches of cupcakes, 2 for school for a project for her, 1 for me for bake sale at work tomorrow and 1 for the house. I touched none of it, not even a lick of frosting and was rewarded by the scale going down some more today, getting closer to being back to where I was at the beginning of the year only 5 more lbs to go and then to continue towards my goal.

Debbie you have always been a busy person but you do have a lot more on your plate, hope once you get over the hurtle it will settle some.

Beth we go to so many concerts because we get most of them for free from a veterans site.

Jekel isn't it amazing how our body reacts to food that is not good for it once we have been feeding it healthy food

Old 10-23-2017, 11:36 AM   #14  

Happy Monday!

It seem like everyone had a great weekend, we did too!

This morning I dropped the kids off early at school and then came home had breakfast and took DH to the airport. I had planned to go shopping after dropping DH, but will do it tomorrow. I am back at home doing some chores and then will keep working on Project Life catching up.

Yesterday, I noticed that my inflammation is going down and the pain in the knees is less too. So I definitely moving towards the right direction

Hope you all enjoy your day!
Old 10-23-2017, 07:39 PM   #15  

Good evening, chicks.
Monday is a long day at work for me and the kids in my after-school club left later than normal but I was a good girl; I had my sneakers on before they left, then as soon as they cleared out I sent my timer for 20 minutes and walked around the track. I am committed to making exercise a priority. I made a turkey breast yesterday so I just needed new veggies and dinner was ready which is an awesome feeling, plus it was delicious.

Isa, glad you are feeling better.

Pearlrose, that is quite an accomplishment, baking without tasting! Sometimes I find mint gum helps me avoid tastes.

Debbie, we have a wind advisory tonight as a new front moves through.

Have a good night everyone!