Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 04-18-2017, 10:27 AM   #1  

Smile 2,5 years binge-free and never gained a pound back: Maintenance and FREEDOM goal!!

Hi you awesome women!

After this Easter holiday, I am so happy to share with you my goal of never binging again since 2,5 years, still slimming down and getting fitter without obsessing about my food ever again.
I had an amazing relaxed easter, yes I hate chocolates, no I didn't feel the desire to make myself sick and I was able to stop when I had enough.
PLUS I didn't feel guilty at all, nor did it make me gain weight or fall into a binge-circle/hating myself **** at all.

This would have never been possible 3 years ago, even last year I was dreading this to happen (although it didn't) but this year I didn't even think of it!

Being at this stage is amazing for me and would have never been possible without the key changes I made these last 2,5 years:
- eat enough
- eat when you think of eating
- be always stocked and packed with fresh food on the go
- enjoy the food you crave, and start to prepare for those cravings, so I can prepare healthy tacos in advcance, knowing that otherwise I WILL go for the fast food or industrial option. Same for lasagna, chocolates, anything. I know what I like, so I plan to eat it, but eat the healthiest version of it
- relax, have more fun, fill your life with exciting tings so food isn't your only friend.
My biggest mistake (the one that made me gain 30lbs) was: ISOLATING myself (out of shame, self-hatred). I swore to never do it again, this is what will keep you stuck there.

Anyway, I am happy to share and I wish I can help someone who is in the same stage as I was a few years ago.
NatavhaMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'10"

Congratulations!! Wow, that's amazing! You've reached the goal we all want to reach: dropping the guilt!

You've got some great tips there about relaxing and not isolating yourself. Those are two very important parts of becoming healthier that we all too often forget. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by Keika; 04-18-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Keika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:53 AM   #3  

Default Yes guilt is preventing us from an healthy free life

Thank you, I am happy to help.
You are so right: guilt is the b****
Let me know if you try some of the tips and how it goes.
NatavhaMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/218/154.5

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations That is amazing!
Tonya.az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:24 PM   #5  
**Britt**

S/C/G: 167.8/157.8/125-129

Congratulations!!! That is amazing! I cannot wait until I get to where you are.
brd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:05 AM   #6  

Outstanding job!!!
Molly Larkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:24 PM   #7  

Default I'm so impressed and envious!

Hi, here's to you!
I was advised not to weigh myself, something I was not doing obsessively but only once a month and unfortunately I took the advice. The way my brain and body interpreted that was that it was a free-for-all for food since I wouldn't become immediately aware of the consequences. The upshot is that I've gained probably 20 pounds, I don't know exactly because I'm afraid to weigh myself and I'm isolating because I feel like I look so bad that I don't want to leave the house. I also lost my job recently and now I feel like I'm not presentable for interviewing. Bad combo.
My ego and self esteem are taking a beating and getting myself to exercise is like pulling teeth, but I know it's because I am feeling down. I had lost 10 lbs in the fall and was thrilled as it meant I only had thirty to go. Now my situation is kind of depressing. I need some motivation. Any and all thoughts will be gratefully received. Cheers to all of you!
GettingGorgeousAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #8  
Pound Crusher!

S/C/G: 136lb and loving it!

Great post! Very happy for you & your results
VictoriousWeightLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:15 PM   #9  

so amazing
clem24 is offline   Reply With Quote