Old 10-17-2017, 01:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 400/290/129

Height: 5ft 7

Unhappy Help Pre menopause and gained 7lbs this week

Hi I am 42 Years old and Pre menopause.
I started exercising Last week. And after Losing 10lbs over 4 weeks I gained a massive 7lbs This week
Is this Normal when exercising. I must admit on top of normal exercise I bought a Exercise bike I have Done 52 miles on The exercise bike this Last week.
I am worried and upset as I am trying my hardest to Lose weight and Just Not happening this week.
Help
SandyXrs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 151 /149 / 121

Height: 5' 3"

Oh my gosh, I have gotten so mad when starting exercising as the pounds pile on in the form of muscle. So I feel your pain! The thing is, it is just at first.....then as your metabolism revs up with the exercise, you start becoming a "burning calorie" machine. I know with biking your quad muscles can get big and you think you are gaining all this weight. But you are toning too....so that your body looks even better at a slightly higher weight than at your lower weight with no muscles.

So be super kind to yourself. Tell yourself how lean your "new me" is becoming. Wait 2-3 weeks (and I know this transition is SOOOOOO hard) to begin seeing the consistent weight loss as your body adjusts to building and keeping the muscle and losing the fat.

Try not to beat yourself up for the number on the scale and know that your efforts will pay off in the long run. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Cheers to your success!
Elle
ElleJ is offline   Reply With Quote