Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-17-2017, 12:09 AM   #1  

Default Hi 👋

Hi All,

I’m new to this forum and looking for motivation.

I have been up and down with my weight for years.
I am now at my heaviest and recently applied to have income protection insurance, only to be told that my application has been unsuccessful because of my BMI!
This has brought me down to an all time low.

My husband and I have also recently decided to adopt and I’m so scared that the agency will reject me during the health check because of my weight.

Never been on a forum before, so not sure what to expect.
I’m looking forward to hearing everyone’s stories and tips and ideas

TKW
TKW1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 75/71/65

Height: 5'6"

Hello TKW, I'm also new here, nice to meet you and welcome!
Stewart69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome! Insurance can be an old slap in the face, the reason is at your height/weight or other health history they view you more as a risk. You should find out what weight you need to be for them to cover you, it might just be 5-10 lbs. you can do that. Sometimes they want you to have so much time between. I know - it totally stinks when someone points out your size and all insurance does so. We pay more (DH and I) because of where we fall weight wise. The good news is if you take off weight and are closer to normal you can go through underwriting again - or so I’ve been told.

Hang in there! I think if you haven’t done a forum before you may find abbreviations on how people speak. Also - jump in and return often. Too often I see people post a few times and never come back. Weight loss isn’t easy but coming here has been helpful and encouraging - a lot of nice people in similar situations.

Yeah for adoption - keep thinking positively. If your good people and offer a safe and loving home that should say more about you then your outside package. Best of luck to you and your family!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote