Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 11:19 AM   #1  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Wink I am a working girl again!!!!

Let me start off saying how much I LOVE being a SAHM. It is something that I have always wanted to do...I even went to college and specialized with child development...but, when I finally had the chance to do it, I was not happy. Not happy, and did not appreciate the little things that make it all worth it. I was stuck on all the little things that was driving me crazy, how I was being treated by DH (not intentionally of course, but nevertheless), and the most important feeling...not being able to have my OWN money. $$$$$

In talking to many other moms...working moms, stay at home moms, stay at home working moms, etc. I realized that I need to work for myself...to make me a better mommy. I guess it is going back to my theme for this year...Taking Care Of ME!!!!!!

I worked at lane Bryant two years ago...right before I got preggo with Aidan. I loved it, I had so much fun...it came easy to me...I am a people person (geee, ya think?) and I wore the clothes, and really told people what i thought they would wear. I also like the fact is that we were helping Plus Sized woman love themselves....and that is so important for change...don't you all agree? Women would come in...looking for me...and ask them to measure their bust...or ask me to help them find something really SEXY for their boyfriends birthday. Talk about blaring out "I AM EVERY WOMAN" by Chachakaun!!! I felt good, looked good, started excercising.....but the only bad thing....was spending $$$$$ there...faster than I could make it Hunny was mad..... ...because he knows I have no impulse control....besides, how can I resist....I was getting 55% off sale items too! I told ya I can rationalize everything!!! After leaving LB in May of 2002, I had a deficit of $1,000+ on my LB charge....bad...Gina, bad spending!!

So, after improving my eating habits, I ending up transferring my Binge eating...to binge shopping.....(to read more, see post on my compulsive overeating ) I decided that I wanted to make my own $$, so my hard working DH would not be pissed off at me all the time, because I was spending our retiremnt $$ on Bra's , undies, and clothes. Well...I got the job, and he was pissed off. HUMPF, thought...talking about not making him happy...or doing no good. I just didn't get it. I mean, I was using my own $$. But he explained, how although I do desearve these things....have some control of it. And don't come home everynight with a new thong

So, to make a long story shorter than what I have just wrote already....my first night back was Wednesday. And you know what, it felt GREAT!!! It was great to take a shower, and actually get dressed up, and actually go some where other than playgroup!!!!! I was happy...and the best thing about it, I get paid...to play. I had way to much fun to get paid.!!!!! So, I thought I would let you all know, that I am makin my own $$$$$> WOHOO. Oh Yeah, everymonth, we have something called Sophie's closet and friends and family can get 55% off items...so, If you see something you like on line....let me know, and I can get it for ya...!!!!
Old 03-05-2004, 12:45 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Good for you!! SAHM, working mom, either way you have to happy with what you are doing!!
Old 03-05-2004, 02:10 PM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Good for you! Congrats.. I went back to work last spring.. big family adjustment! I wish you all the best!!! Enjoy the adult time!!
Old 03-05-2004, 06:13 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

ohn gina... i'm so happy for you. and soo proud of you..

and good luck with controlling your compusions.. by the way, i met a personal shopper last year. a teeny tiny woman who helped me get some badly needed new clothes.

and while we were spending so much time together, i asked her how she ended up as a personal shopper. and the answer: she is a compulsive shopper. shoppers anonymous, in fact. she owns 75 pairs of black pants. so she decided that, before she went completely broke and destroyed her credit, she had to DO SOMETHING. she became a personal shopper. she can now shop all day every day, and not spend a penny on herself!!!

she's a happy happy woman these days.

and yes, she has eating issues. the other side of the coin. anorexia.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:29 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! Spread some of that Job Happiness over my way, wouldja?

Old 03-06-2004, 06:19 AM   #6  
Searching

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffypop
ohn gina... i'm so happy for you. and soo proud of you..

and good luck with controlling your compusions.. by the way, i met a personal shopper last year. a teeny tiny woman who helped me get some badly needed new clothes.

and while we were spending so much time together, i asked her how she ended up as a personal shopper. and the answer: she is a compulsive shopper. shoppers anonymous, in fact. she owns 75 pairs of black pants. so she decided that, before she went completely broke and destroyed her credit, she had to DO SOMETHING. she became a personal shopper. she can now shop all day every day, and not spend a penny on herself!!!

she's a happy happy woman these days.

and yes, she has eating issues. the other side of the coin. anorexia.
OMG Jiff! You just suggested a new career path for me!

Congratulations Gina welcome to the world of Mom's Who Work

Miss Chris
Old 03-06-2004, 09:41 AM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

another fun career is to be a "secret shopper" - you judge customer service. And us woman are so good at judging A friend of mine does it. If she actually needs the item she keeps it. She also has to judge doing returns - which is good - so she doesn't keep it!
Old 03-07-2004, 05:23 PM   #8  
beautiful

Gina-- that sounds great! i'm really happy for you!

how does someone get into secret shopping and personal shopping? that does sound really cool though i think i'd make a better secret shopper because my sense of style is YUCK! LOL
Closed Thread